Author Topic: Netherlands Euthanizes Babies  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Netherlands Euthanizes Babies
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2004, 10:50:56 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
There is nothing about me that is righteous....I have my faith and it is mine.

That's fine, but when you force it on everyone else, you become righteous
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2004, 10:54:10 AM »
The choice in this country is the parents, not the government.

Are you saying to us all here that the US practices the same methods as does the netherlands and greater Europe?

That is fine, as long as you know that you are asking your doctors to commit a crime if the parents ask. That is what your saying. The netherlands..those mean old baby killers..are just trying to clarify that if doctors have to do this..like they have to all over the world..they will not be criminals.
Its your choice I guess. But it sounds like your acknoledging that this does happen in the US, in numbers probably identical to Europe..and that you condone it but - want to keep it illegal..
is that right?

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2004, 10:55:07 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Ask and ye shall receive.

"Whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believed in me, it were better for him that millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Matthew 18:6

Wow, we got Ned Flanders in here.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2004, 11:01:34 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

But we're not talking about things that can be cured or repaired. We are talking about the hopeless.

This whole "Playing God" routine is nothing more then rhetoric.

We "play God" every day by artifically keeping people alive and suffering no matter how hopeless the situation that "God" would otherwise let die.

If we didnt "play god" we wouldnt do anything one way or the other.

and lets be real honest for a second here.
 We dont keep these people alive for them. It isnt about  them at all
 We do it for ourselves.  Because WE cant bear the thought of letting go of these people even if it is hopeless and no matter how badly they may be suffering.

We make these decisions for animals because they cant make it for themselves.
 But we dont show the same mercy, the same...Humanity to humans when they cant make that decision for themselves.

The voice of reason. TY.

The rest is just BS bias religion driven, and what will make you feel better about yourselves, while making the suffering, suffer for your skewed beliefs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 11:04:03 AM by Creamo »

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2004, 11:20:31 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Say you have a ten year old son and he is diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor with no chance of survival. Well, maybe the doctors can just put him out of his misery for you.

Make no mistake about it though....only doctors can decide because they went to medical school and everything.

Have you ever watched a child die from a brain tumor? There comes a point at which it is senseless to force the child to continue to suffer. For example, when they are paralyzed, unable to eat, and in constant pain despite continuous narcotics. Or when the only time they come out of a coma is to have a seizure.

Nobody is arguing for euthanizing someone when they still have a good quality of life or based only on the doctor’s decision, against the patient’s or guardian’s wishes – those strawdogs won’t hunt. But at some point it becomes clear that the patient will soon die regardless of any intervention. The only choice is how much they will be forced to suffer until this happens.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2004, 11:24:06 AM »
Jesus healed the dying, technology only prolongs the suffering of the dying.
-SW

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2004, 11:37:16 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
That is fine, as long as you know that you are asking your doctors to commit a crime if the parents ask. That is what your saying. The netherlands..those mean old baby killers..are just trying to clarify that if doctors have to do this..like they have to all over the world..they will not be criminals.
Its your choice I guess. But it sounds like your acknoledging that this does happen in the US, in numbers probably identical to Europe..and that you condone it but - want to keep it illegal..
is that right?

Again, you do not understand.

Killing anything out of convenience or for fiscally motivated reasons is wrong.

In this country, we unplug machines at the behest of family, allowing nature to take it's course....that's a big difference from a Kavorkian styled injection which kills the patient.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2004, 11:42:59 AM »
Nash brought Jesus into this. Jesus would not pull the plug or inject the poison but rather make people whole. He did it then and I believe he still does it today.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2004, 11:43:15 AM »
fk the dutch
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

eurotards

let us us decide ur politics

stupid woodenclump walkin cheese heads

holland really really suks

:mad: :mad:

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2004, 12:03:07 PM »
"Again, you do not understand.

Killing anything out of convenience or for fiscally motivated reasons is wrong.

In this country, we unplug machines at the behest of family, allowing nature to take it's course....that's a big difference from a Kavorkian styled injection which kills the patient."

again. I understand perfectly. Can a family in the US force thier insurer to pay 600 000 per year for life to keep a baby alive that is born with out most of its brain? Do your medical plans cover that?
I would doubt that they can.
You think its more humane to allow such a baby to starve to death by not feeding it then to kill it with an injection of some sort.
You deny apperently that such a thing would happen in the US. It happens. Either that or there are 100s or babys pluged into machines for life.
Basically you dont know what your talking about. You make it sound like the Euros are evil because they are being humane, like they are evil for clarifying for thier medical practitioners what the guidlines are so they dont have to play god.

Rude, babys are born with uncurable ailments that will start to kill them the second the conection to the mother is cut. Its not a huge number but it is incurrable and not a quick death. They can breath and their nervous system works but they have no moter control or language or sight- they just exist.  They are born that way in every country to every people of every religios faith and every political party.
And all those groups deal with it the only way they can. You dont let the child starve to death over several weeks. You end its life.

You have to grow up and accept this and that it happens in your country and god fearing republican doctors do it for god fearing republican patients. You would do it. The doctor is not a murderer.  A policy that acknoledges that is not evil.

If the parents in the States were so selfish as to want thier child to stay alive in such a circumstance or would prefer they slowly starved to death then they would be able to do that if they could pay the bill. I am sure that in the Netherlands the same is true.

Hell in the red states you can get tired of having girl kids and have one of them sex changed into a boy as soon as shes born..anything is possible if you have the money.

This happens. It happens in the states, It happens everywhere. The altenative is un acceptable. Welcome to the real world where horrible stuff happens and hard decisions have to be made.

All this hate for Euros is just hillarios.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2004, 12:14:48 PM »
I tend towards allowing the end of needless suffering but the slippery slope admonition is appropriate. It was observed long ago that "what parents allow in moderation their children will do in excess".
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2004, 12:19:22 PM »
Life is amazing.  It's amazing how it works.  Just how awesome it is is taken for granted by most people because they have it.

IMO, I'd be willing to go through years of pain, just to have life at the end.  But that's just me.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2004, 12:22:15 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I tend towards allowing the end of needless suffering but the slippery slope admonition is appropriate. It was observed long ago that "what parents allow in moderation their children will do in excess".

I've never heard that but it does tend to make sense and is also a good point. However, like most things it is not simply black and white. I have to believe that in most cases human morality would stop the slide into situations such as the extremeties addressed in this thread. But still a good point..

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2004, 12:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Life is amazing.  It's amazing how it works.  Just how awesome it is is taken for granted by most people because they have it.

IMO, I'd be willing to go through years of pain, just to have life at the end.  But that's just me.

I'm curious.. Life at the end of what?

What is discussed here are terminal illnesses..

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2004, 12:27:18 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
it's just abortion taken to the next step..

just a "choice" right??

not murder or anything ..... just a "choice"

Dohhh ....

In no way it's related to abortion, how come a newborn can be a newborn if it's was "aborted" ?

I googled my little heart out and found nothing similar at all to what is happening in Europe....sorry.

I'm still waiting Rude.