Author Topic: TARGETWARE`S looking good  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
TARGETWARE`S looking good
« on: December 06, 2004, 06:39:17 PM »
this is mod target korea its online sim and free now open beta

« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 06:51:30 PM by Blixen »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 09:10:25 PM »
Yeah, I know ;)

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »
So was anyone ever there?
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 03:07:07 AM »
I don't know... I tried it... and hated it.  Seemed pretty rough to get started and noone was around.  That was a few betas ago though.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 07:02:47 AM »
just played some Target Rabul stuff for an hour or so.

IMO AH is still 100 miles ahead.

looks like a promising sim give it a year though.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 04:14:45 PM »
cc mech its still lacking a bit but lookin good

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 05:39:41 PM »
Planes look good, gameplay and terrain doesnt offer anything i would want at the moment.

Dont know if the gameplay works our when having more players, but the terrain isnt better than ah2 one i think.

Offline seabat

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 02:46:14 PM »
Nefarious,

Is that a VA-163 Skyhawk second from the bottom?

If so, is it based on a particular plane in the squadron?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 11:50:10 AM »
Originally posted by seabat
Nefarious,

Is that a VA-163 Skyhawk second from the bottom?

If so, is it based on a particular plane in the squadron?

Sorry, I had forgotten about this thread.

Yes.

Bu No 151134 Va-163 "Saints"

USS Orsikany 1965

This plane was flown by CDR James B. Stockdale when he was shot down. He spent 7 years as the senior POW and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his resistance the N. Vietnamese interrogation and coercion

The Middle Scooter is another famous bird.

A-4E

Bu No 151703

NM208 VA-192 "Golden Dragons"

USS Ticonderoga April 1967

This plane was flown by LCDR Estocin (the only Navy jet pilot to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for actions performed during a combat mission). He sadly did not survive the second heroic for his actions on two missions. The USS Estocin is named after him.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:09 PM »
the community is slowly building, they havent dont any advertising and want to keep a rather low amount of traffic till the game is released in the full version since its still in beta testing.

I really enjoy this game, the flight model is years beyond aces high, and the greaphics are on par with il2, and actually work well on a medium quality pc. I dont think alot of ahers will enjoy it tho, or at least it will take a long time for them to handle such realism, i had a hard time breaking free of the arcade aspects of ah as well.

tw has a completely new type of flight model, its based off of real world physics, not the way ah and il2 work, of of a plane atribute chart. weight arodynamics all of it are put together to make the most realistic of flight combat possible.  

this goes for gunnery too.

as far as game play goes, it can be what ever you want it to be, its completely customizable.

what i really enjoy is the wide veriety of things to do in tw, and the whole concept of what tw is. It is not a game in itself but an open source sim environment.   If a small company wants go get together and make a sim, they can work one on one with the tw crew and make their vision come true. imagine if htc wanted to work with them and create a mod!

all in all tw will have all you need when it comes for your air combat needs, ww1 ww2 and modern combat being some that have already been consieved, its just a matter of time before this game takes off.  

i dont have anything against ah and its arcade aspects , but there is a time for realism and imersion and target ware really hands these to you on a silver platter.

dont take my word for it visit

targetware.net and get started up, play for at least a week and you will see what im talking about. Dont get discouraged when you find its a challenge to just get the plane off the ground.

Offline sb1086

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 08:27:52 AM »
Presonally I like A/C 302 on the bottom, Sorry but I'm partial to birds off Carriers that I've seen.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 11:30:47 AM »
originally posted by sb1086... Sorry but I'm partial to birds off Carriers that I've seen.

Heh, Livin near Oceana I figured youd be used to it. I lived there for about 8 Years.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 12:28:49 PM »
is that f4 from target hanoi?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 03:16:12 PM »
Yeah, it doesnt have any markings on it, because it's my template, So it's still WIP.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 04:09:53 PM »
i have found targetware to be of a very low standard to be honest. it crashes my PC often and the graphics are miles behind AH, not ahead.  The Flight model is not all its cracked up to be either. it has good engine management features but that the only thing better than AH.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.