Author Topic: TARGETWARE`S looking good  (Read 1962 times)

Offline sb1086

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
TARGETWARE`S looking good
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
Heh, Livin near Oceana I figured youd be used to it. I lived there for about 8 Years.

Now that plane I've never seen fly in or out of the base here, I remember them though, Navy had them when I first joined
we had thos eand Skyhawks both flying all around Sydney, I didn't end up around this base till the Tomcats were everywhere

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »
origionaly posted by mech

i have found targetware to be of a very low standard to be honest. it crashes my PC often and the graphics are miles behind AH, not ahead. The Flight model is not all its cracked up to be either. it has good engine management features but that the only thing better than AH

end quote

i flew it a year ago and felt just about the same thing. I had system crashes and all sorts of stuff, {its a beta}  a year has turned this game into a real smoking flight combat sim. The graphics are way better than ah, period, and check out the detail of the cockpits. The flight model is not ez mode and has more levels of detail than i have ever seen, and each plane feels very unique with its own quirks you must master. the only thing holding it back at the moment is a lack of a community which is understandable since it is still in beta testing. The target ware staff really took on a big challeng in under taking this project but when it is complete i believe it will be the most realistic flight expirence out there,  and has the room to grow tremendously. The community is growing week by week as  the word spreads that its nearing completion, we have been really consentrating on getting more ppl to try tw out and it has really shown, heck im the one that got blixen into it and he has gotten many others and so on.   That being said ah still kicks bellybutton in the world of arcade flight combat, and probably always will, and has one of the best communitys to boot,  Up a big bird and shooting something down and have fun for all skill levels. TW is for the hardcore flight combat simmer.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 07:47:08 PM by eilif »

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 07:41:21 PM »
Nefarious are you part of the design crew for target hanoi, cause i havent been able to fly the beta for it yet, let alone design skins.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 10:29:36 PM »
If your interested in helping Eilief, Email me using the link above.

Were always looking for help, Although Beta will probably be far off. We lack alot of things needed for Vietnam Era Jet Combat.

All in due time though.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 10:37:17 PM »
Got a URL for THIS????????? wow!

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 01:27:27 AM »

vs

i met zmeg in there last night, had some good duals.  

iron dog!

big beau fighter

you can even be the red baron!

i  think these speak for themselves.

http://www.targetware.net  have fun!

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 05:29:59 PM »
wow, just D/L and gave it a go.  feels quite different, but flying the P38J was fun.  darn controls too different for one flight, gonna have to try some more and actually try to figure out the controls some.   screenshots look awesome tho.  the P38F screenie is now my background,  awesome looking green.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 04:53:43 PM »
in a way i find it a little offensive to advertise another sim on the AH boards.

does 'look' good though. not too sure about how it plays yet, havnt even managed to see another plane in the air past a single pixel.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2004, 04:27:12 PM »
look bro im not advertising just letting peeps no
i could careless about ww2 part cuz i love ah2 very much
been an addict for a long time now
only reason i posted about it was because of korean jet sim and aces high doesnt have those birds so.........sorry if i offened u mech............god this is whats wrong with this world every1 gets so offened over stupid shizit i mean jeez get over it i didnt ask u to read it thats y there is a message title:rolleyes:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2004, 06:52:10 PM »
lolol,  chill man, i was kinda kidding :)

thought that was obvious.

sorry for confusion  :lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2004, 07:03:10 PM »
np:)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 11:05:24 AM »
I tried it and I didn't care for it much.  I think it will be a good game after a year or two.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 05:12:07 PM »
i prefer AH's gauges that you can actually fuggin read.