Author Topic: best stick so far  (Read 1675 times)

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
best stick so far
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2004, 01:33:34 AM »
ms sidewinder 3d pro, 10 years and still going strong, im looking for a way to build pedals onto it and extend the stick tho:)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2004, 11:56:20 PM »
Wow!!! You guys/gals undecided, have joysticks? I can only dream.
I currently use my keyboard as I cant afford a mouse. I hope to get a monitor very soon as its getting very expensive sitting on the phone long distance getting directions from Leviathn. And hes really lousy at it too.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
best stick so far
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2004, 10:25:42 AM »
only stick able to stund up under myu less than gentle maulings is the CH.    It is very durable but has springs made for women.   very small and weak women...

I add some quarter inch rubber bands to the four corners and get a thrustmaster like spring rate with CH dependability.   Gotta figure out how to beef up the spring rate in the rudders now tho.

lazs

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
best stick so far
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »
I still maintian that the older-generation Thurstmaster stuff is the best stuff to get. I *still* use the same FLCS and associated components I bought in 1996.

I still buy them for cheap on ebay for the occasion part I might need...

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2004, 01:39:02 PM »
getting as little more used to it now:)

like in it so far

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
best stick so far
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2004, 01:41:15 PM »
I loved the feel of tmaster stuff and used it for years... trouble was... it never lasted more than 6 months before something broke... usually a hat.

lazs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
best stick so far
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2004, 01:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I add some quarter inch rubber bands to the four corners and get a thrustmaster like spring rate with CH dependability.   Gotta figure out how to beef up the spring rate in the rudders now tho.

lazs

how did you add the rubberbands?
was wondering if I can do the same thing to my new X52, it has springs/feel for a 5 year old
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2004, 01:48:04 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Wow!!! You guys/gals undecided, have joysticks? I can only dream.
I currently use my keyboard as I cant afford a mouse. I hope to get a monitor very soon as its getting very expensive sitting on the phone long distance getting directions from Leviathn. And hes really lousy at it too.

What a liar! I thought ewe told me ewe were a quadriplegic with removable false teeth!!!???!!! If so, how do ewe manage to get the phone under yer butt?

Bastid :mad:

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
best stick so far
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2004, 01:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
If anyone waqnts a Brand new in box MS FFB2 stick,my local EB has one under a bunch of other boxed sticks/steering wheels.It's been there for almost a year(i keep hiding it every time they move the stock around)..The price is $150 Canadian...Gonna snap it up on boxing day if it's still there...If anyone interested,I can ship it to ya.

If they are going for cheaper on EBAY..ignore this.

And Meeeery X-Mas!!

:D

Look FiLtH up, you'll be his hero.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Puff

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.massivestudios.net/ah
best stick so far
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2004, 03:05:29 PM »
Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar!!!

Got mine for christmas and now I don't want to leave the house!

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
best stick so far
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2004, 04:02:24 PM »
Ive got a Force Feedback 2. Ive had it 4 years now I believe. No problems, Its a great stick. The only thing Ive noticed now is that the view hat is not always resonding now. I dont use it much anymore and switched to the number pad for better views.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
best stick so far
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2004, 08:12:24 AM »
eagler... it's ugly... ran some deck screws into the desk at the four corners and the rubber bands go from the deck screw heads to the base of the stick... ugly but...  it has a really good feel to it.

lazs

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
best stick so far
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2004, 09:52:14 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
so far the only real difficuty's im haveing is getting used to working harder on finding the center point, my last stick a logicrap wingman force feedback would for the most part snap back to it's center point rather easily, and with thrustmaster i have to work harder to find the center, also the force feedback feels a lot stiffer that the last stick, make's me stall out alot more now.

i wonder if real pilots experianced this when they flew different type aircraft.:p

Turn over the joystick and you will see a black knob. Turn the knob to adjust centering tension. I always cranked down to max resistance.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
best stick so far
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 10:45:51 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
eagler... it's ugly... ran some deck screws into the desk at the four corners and the rubber bands go from the deck screw heads to the base of the stick... ugly but...  it has a really good feel to it.

lazs

Post a pix dude..I know I'll chuckle..:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
best stick so far
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2004, 11:33:06 AM »
I have 3 MS joysticks. the First MS 3dpro, MSFF1 and MSff2 for 3 computers.  They all still work great.  I recently bought the Logitech Freedom 2.4 ghz cordless.  Still not as good as the MS joysticks.

MS should never have got out of the joystick game.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/