Author Topic: Q: Arena with relaxed physics?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Q: Arena with relaxed physics?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »

By WW:
Chak,

There is actually no training arena here.
The "named" training arena is actually a Free For All arena where Vets and fresh newbies alike fly. The concept is that his arena will help you learn much faster then a conventional training arena. Trainers log on there to help out from time to time and they're pretty good at that. The occassional Vet will log on and help youout too. But there is NO "Training" arena here.
BTW, Take it from a 1.5 week old player. Don't complain about being unable to take off because your getting shot down. It only makes it worse.

I have no clue where you are coming from WW.  I spend hours in the TA training players.  There are other trainers who spend many more.  They and I spend our time in the TA doing DEDICATED TRAINING.

From reading your other posts, I assume that you had some bad experiences in the TA.  This is something that I sincerely regret for you and for any other new player.  

Why do you carry on so?  Consider maybe you are missing something?  What you describe happens to us all and is kind of the very nature or fabric of this game we play.

We, as the AH trainers do not have much control over what goes on in the TA, nor should we.  But, we are actively trying to maintain order.  Especially for new players, so that they do not feel like they are only targets.  The quotable "BABY SEAL SYNDROME".  But, it happens and you just have to get over it.

As a 1.5 week old player, please do not measure your whole experience by a few bad experiences.  IMO you have judged the book by its cover and maybe only the inside of the back cover.  Read the book.

More importantly,  do you feel it helps another persons enjoyment by bleeding your own private complaint over into another thread?  A thread from another new player who had a very valid question.  IMO in essence, you just vulched that player during take off.  Played them for a "Baby Seal" by using their question for a sounding board for your own complaint.

No matter...   Please feel free to contact me anytime in the TA.  It would be my pleasure to help you in anyway that I can.

Good Luck!  

----------------------

To Chak;

Please keep any aforementioned comments in perspective.  Nothing is directed at yourself.  As an Aces High Trainer it would be my pleasure to assist you or any other player as my time permits.

Good Luck to You and Have Fun in the Un-Friendly Skies.  

---------------------
Mino
Aces High Training Corps

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2000, 10:15:00 AM »
I just wanted to say a thing or two if I may....

The loss of WW may mean very little to others but he was a new squadmate in the 13th TAS. Whatever happened in the training arena prolly shouldn't have but it did.

My one experience flying there was unpleasant and not encouraging in any way...I was verbally told to take a hike by a vet that if he knew who I was in WB's, I know he would not have addressed me the way he did.

He was using the so called training arena for his own enjoyment instead of promoting it to new users as a help and a teaching aid.

I know most of the trainers and fly with and against them often....they were not involved. I just think that it is unfortunate to have lost a good pilot who was excited about leaving AW3 and joining our community.

Strafing folks on the runway is in no way going to benefit anyone in the MA enviroment. It teaches no skills whatsoever, and it seems to have chased a few promising prospects away from our community.

I would hope that someone can do something to improve things there....I for one have personally trained new squadmates myself in the MA rather than to send them to the TA where a potential problem could arise.

Thats All

Rude Out!

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by Rude:
..I was verbally told to take a hike by a vet that if he knew who I was in WB's, I know he would not have addressed me the way he did......

So...who were you in WB?

I don't currently fly in the TA.

Regards,
Badger