Author Topic: Err, I must be dumb, or something. No idea where to start?  (Read 383 times)

Offline TracyQuiring

• Zinc Member
Err, I must be dumb, or something. No idea where to start?
« on: January 02, 2005, 11:47:09 AM »
According to the download and help files, when going to the main arena, there is supposed to be the option for asking for a trainer, but the screen never came up!  

And I don't see how to change the keys to access simple stuff like lowering or raising the landing gear.  Or external views (if there is such a thing?  Not looking to cheat, just like looking at what goes on.)

I liked the "feel" of my first flight (in a Hurricane Mk1, didn't get shot down, didn't shoot down any friendlies,and crashed on landing {the gear thing}), but have to say I am lost at this point!  Help!

Offline LeadDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 11:59:36 AM »
I just restarted flying flight sims this week too.  I did not get the trainer message.  You can select the training area instead of the main area and usually there is someone to talk you through stuff. (Thanks a lot Ren you were very helpful).

I would select OFFLINE and reset keys and things like that when not online then fly against the drones to be sure I like the set up.  

From the clipboard select setup then you will see options for setting up the stick, key mapping etc.  I downloaded the offline help file and read it when I had questions.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 11:59:59 AM »
Welcome to AH!

To hook up with a trainer, go to the Training Arena (TA) and look for people whose squad is "Aces High2 Trainer Corps". If none of us are around, ask. Lots of people go to TA to offer assistance besides the trainers. You can also email the trainers at trainers@hitechcreations.com

For help on keymapping, go to the HTC site or www.netaces.org and look under keyboard mapping.

Good Luck!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Err, I must be dumb, or something. No idea where to start?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 12:31:42 PM »
Originally posted by TracyQuiring

And I don't see how to change the keys to access simple stuff like lowering or raising the landing gear.  Or external views (if there is such a thing?  Not looking to cheat, just like looking at what goes on.)  Help!

The below link shows most if not all of the  Default key commands for Aces High

Aces High Default Key Commands
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »
If you see no one in the training arena, or can't get some 1on1 training in there, just give a yell in the main arena.  Someone's sure to come give you a hand.

Key settings are accessed using ESC, they're somewhere in the settings or preferences area,  forget.  At the top of the list you'll have some checkboxes to select different types of key commands to change, i.e. views or general flight commands like auto-level.