Author Topic: Spit V vs Nikki  (Read 1543 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 04:38:04 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
I should mention that I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Licked my chops when a N1K decided to try to turn with my SpitV.

Its all about time in the saddle.  Be paitent.

Well ... when didn't you lick your chops when any plane decided to turn with your Spit V ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 03:14:44 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
On the other hand, its true that the SpitV has lost some of its low speed stability in AH2, which makes it a tad more difficult for the SpitV to outturn a N1K2.

I find that is true for all planes(including the Niki)..More challenging FM(stalls/spins) for sure and way more immersive.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2005, 09:06:49 AM »
heres a good example of what not to do against a NIK. :)

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/files/niki-o-doom.ahf

and an M16 for that matter.....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 09:16:07 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2005, 07:06:24 PM »
Originally posted by streetstang
Also quite a few of shane and I. If its cool with shane I'll post them. Redefines the term knife figh, stall fight and any other ungodly slow turning, angles nail biter fight you can think of.

films are "historical" record.  no plms with you posting them, regardless of whether i won or not.  who knows, maybe something can be gained from them, even if only a few minutes diversion.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Despair

• Zinc Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2005, 11:25:23 AM »
Is it necessary to turn the stall limiter off?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2005, 11:33:19 AM »
Originally posted by Despair

Very, leaving it on just holds you back from finding the edge of the stall for your plane, then being able to ride the edge ( fly the edge) once you have found it......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2005, 11:33:35 AM »
Originally posted by Despair

If you want to be able to fly a fighter to its maximum potential then yes.

The stall limiter is there to help brand new players get a feel for the game and keep them from getting frustrated early on and giving up (At least I think this is the case).  I advise turning it off as soon as possible.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2005, 11:46:49 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Well ... when didn't you lick your chops when any plane decided to turn with your Spit V ?

Heh...... That was true at one time and I do appreaciate the complement.  However......

Truth is that I havnt flown much AH in a while and Im a shell of my former self in an AH fighter, Spit V included.

I am back full time now though (Finally given up on IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters) and I hope to get some of the old feel back.

Speaking of which if anyone feels like giving me some DA brush up it would be appreaciated.  ;)

c yas up...... Dave

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »
Hiya Nomak.... I'm usually on late at night...11 or so. But feel free to e-mail me. I'll play in DA just like old times.

You gonna fly as a BK now? :D

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Spit V vs Nikki
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 01:18:47 PM »
Originally posted by Wadke
Hiya Nomak.... I'm usually on late at night...11 or so. But feel free to e-mail me. I'll play in DA just like old times.

You gonna fly as a BK now? :D

Heyas there Wadmaster;)

I will be lookin for ya while im on.  Although Im usually not on that late.

As for the BKs....... Todd had sent me an invite shortly before I cancelled my acct and I was into one of my "IL2 is the answer" phases.

I have since come to my senses and realized that I cant get away from AH.  Soooo......

Im really not sure what the situation is.  Im kinda in limbo .

c yas up......... Dave