Author Topic: Saving Skins (Reformat)  (Read 188 times)

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Saving Skins (Reformat)
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:47:58 AM »
Also posted in the Hardware/Software Forums.

I'm looking to reformat my computer. My question is, is there any way to save the skins from AH to a CD so that after I reformat, I do not have to leave my computer turned on for a week to download all the skins again? I'm guessing it's the cache or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Saving Skins (Reformat)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:36:28 AM »
What i did was go to the hanger and chose each skin for every plane and rt  clic save skin... this puts them into the Skins folder  ..... now just save that folder to cd and voila ...

its sort of a pain but it works .

the cache folder is kinda tempermental ... i tried saving it and it just went sour on my reinstall ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Saving Skins (Reformat)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 08:42:13 AM »
Online game skins are in two places.  If you want to preserve what you already have, then here you go.

In the Aces High installation directory (default location C:\Program Files\HTC\Aceshigh II) is a folder named 'skins'.  In that folder are files with the extension of '.res'.  These files are the actual skin files for the game.

If you want to preserve your skins, then copy all those '.res' files to another location.  You can ignore any folders in the 'skins' directory as they are just the defaults from the game.

Note:  The '.res' files are only used to build the cache files of the skins, which are used in the game.  If the cached version of the skins does not exist, they are built upon starting Aces High, so there is no need to copy them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Saving Skins (Reformat)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »
Thanks, gonna give it a go Skuzz.