Author Topic: how do I....  (Read 506 times)

Soul

how do I....
« on: June 05, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »
How do I get my MS Precision Pro to give me 45 deg up/forward view?  I've got it where it will give me every other 45 deg. up view except that one by using my stick's shift button in conjuction with the hat switch.  The problem is no matter what I set the up position on the hat to be, it always looks up when I use it.  I'm stumped.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
how do I....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 09:40:00 PM »
Heyas

Yeah I can relate to your problem, but there is a real easy fix!!
Go to stick mapping and map the Front up view to forward on the hat switch and tada all fixed.
At least thats what works for me, no more pushing 2 buttons to get that view.  I do use my A button for up view which I then use in conjunction with my hat to get the rest of my "up" views.

SKurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 06-05-2000).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
how do I....
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2000, 10:50:00 PM »
If you go into stick mapping like was suggested you will be able to map any joystick button to any function.  I also use a SW PPro.  My stick is setup to use the hat for 8 views, then you can press shift and use it to trim the plane.  I also have secondary weapon selection, fire both, and all auto pilot settings mapped to my stick.  You can also map your RW transmit key to a stick with a little time.  (If you use Roger Wilco that is.)

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Soul

how do I....
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2000, 01:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by SKurj:
Heyas

Yeah I can relate to your problem, but there is a real easy fix!!
Go to stick mapping and map the Front up view to forward on the hat switch and tada all fixed.
At least thats what works for me, no more pushing 2 buttons to get that view.  I do use my A button for up view which I then use in conjunction with my hat to get the rest of my "up" views.

SKurj

[This message has been edited by SKurj (edited 06-05-2000).]

I tried that, but even when I have it programmed that way, when I push the hat forward it gives me the straight up view.  This makes it really tough to follow somebody in a turning fight because I have to keep toggling the hat.  I tried making up on the hat both front and up/front views and still I get the straight up view when I push it.

[This message has been edited by Soul (edited 06-06-2000).]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
how do I....
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2000, 02:57:00 AM »
I programmed mine in the game for hat up to use forward up.  gives me the angle up
then I remapped numpad 5 to R (was just easy for me) and use that with the rest of my hat settings for all the up angle views.
Check out the page I made for setting up your jstick (includes my games config file). www.reddragons.de/aceshigh/tactical.html

Hope it helps!

S!
Rocket

------------------

The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

www.reddragons.de