Author Topic: Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you  (Read 6504 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2005, 12:39:59 AM »
Toad, for the love of God, please ignore this guy.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2005, 12:43:35 AM »
Originally posted by ATA
GRUNHERZ
---------------------------------------------------
Yes much cheaper in lost lives that way, both Japanese and Allied. Not to mention the impact on millions of post-war Japanese who would have livideed in a seperate Northern Japanese Soviet controlled police state instead of a unified, free, western oriented Japan that developed after the war.
---------------------------------------------------
Hmmm,that why they were burning American flags in 1990's.

Yep, the kids - like you - know nothing. They are emotinal and hateful of nuclear weapons as a concept, and nopt mindful of that fact that in that case they saved more lives than other options such as invasion or nationwide starvation blocade.

What's next, are you gonna bring up that South Korean young people burn US flags to protest his country as an example of why we shouldnt have intervened in the Korean war as the  gentle forces of Greal Leader Kim Il Sung marched south and nearly took over the whole peninsula.

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2005, 12:47:13 AM »
GRUNHERZ
---------------
Yep, the kids - like you - know nothing. They are emotinal and hateful of nuclear weapons as a concept, and nopt mindful of that fact that in that case they saved more lives than other options such as invasion or nationwide starvation blocade.
---------------
They know their parents dead,i gues they should thank you.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2005, 01:00:49 AM »
Yes the Japanese people should be thankful that the war was ended so qyickly without invasion or embargo. BTW maybe you should be thanful too,  pretty good chance many of todays american or other allied grampas wouldnt be around if the nukes werent dropped.

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2005, 01:07:43 AM »
GRUNHERZ
-------------------------------
Yes the Japanese people should be thankful that the war was ended so qyickly without invasion or embargo. BTW maybe you should be thanful too, pretty good chance many of todays american or other allied grampas wouldnt be around if the nukes werent dropped.
-------------------------------
GRUNHERZ oh i'm thankful,thank you for proving my point,and i agree with you,lesson was given to Germany and Japan.
I rest my case TOAD.
Russians or Americans we are the same.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2005, 01:09:50 AM »
So I proved your point against use of nuclerar weapons to end WW2  by stating that they saved many lives on both sides?

You are an odd fellow indeed...

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2005, 01:22:50 AM »
OMFG!!! I just read thru all the drivel on 4 pages!!! And to be honest 95% of your are full of it. and probably couldnt tell me what the original topic was about without looking! The other 5% should be locked up together with sensitivity counsulor.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2005, 01:26:18 AM »
So I proved your point against use of nuclerar weapons to end WW2 by stating that they saved many lives on both sides?
-----------------------------
You proved my point that US nuked japan when Japan was already defeated.
Saved lives?
NUKE means KILL.
Japan would not last a mounth agants US and Red Army.
By that time as you know Germany was dead.

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2005, 01:30:27 AM »
Never mind that.You proved that we deal with an enemy the same way.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2005, 01:36:40 AM »
News flash:

The people in west Berlin were driving Porsches and Ferraris quite soon after the war. They drank good wine and enjoyed steak dinners.

The people in east Berlin were locked behind an iron curtain, drove ladas and trabants, hardly saw good wine nor meat, were spyed by their neighbours for stasi, were therefore afraid to freely talk even inside their own homes.

And that's just east germany where things were REALLY well compared to most of the absolute hell on earth called communist russia.

Tell me again you're the same, please. Pretty please?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2005, 02:14:59 AM »
Originally posted by ATA
You proved my point that US nuked japan when Japan was already defeated.
Saved lives?

Excerpts from "CASUALTY PROJECTIONS FOR THE U.S. INVASIONS OF JAPAN, 1945-1946"

Eventually those numbers would reach what General LeMay described as "well up into the imaginative brackets and then some," because it was clear that American forces would have to fight literally "millions of well-trained men." And unlike the final death throes in Germany, which saw Soviet troops engage the bulk of German strength and suffer 352,475 casualties (including 78,291 dead) during their final, twenty-three-day assault on Berlin and central Germany, the twin U.S. invasions of the Japanese Home Islands were to be conducted almost exclusively by American forces.

The implied top-end figure of approximately 1,700,000 to 2,000,000 battle casualties built on the basis of the Saipan ratio was slashed down to a best-case scenario figure that was not so huge as to make the task ahead appear insurmountable, and use of a 500,000 battle casualty figure was "the operative one at the working level" during the spring of 1945. Andrew J. Goodpaster was then with the Strategy Section of the JWPC. He noted that Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson used the number regularly.

The Saipan ratio was 1 American death and several wounded for 7 Japanese deaths.

500,000 Americans + 3,500,000 Japanese = 4,000,000 lives

It can be argued with some validity that Fat Man and Little Boy saved 3.7 million lives.

I ask how many American and Japanese lives would it have taken for us to be righteous?

It's an easy question, ATA, just give us a number.

>spelling
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 03:06:04 AM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2005, 02:58:13 AM »
The Japanese were known for fighting to the last breath. They would not surrender.

The a-bomb was a horrible horrible weapon and a black spot in human history..

But it most likely was smaller of the two evils.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2005, 03:16:16 AM »
what i find interesting about the A-bomb is the fact that they werent even sure what would happen.  there was speculation that it would actually ignite the atmosphere and destroy all life as we know it, yet they pressed on.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2005, 03:20:52 AM »
I think those speculations were with the hydrogen bomb.

Well, they did try that too then. :rolleyes:

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2005, 05:51:15 AM »
as they say...

there it is.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.