Author Topic: Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Go ahead Russia, no one will blame you
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2005, 02:28:46 PM »
So Boroda are you saying that there was no difference in the standard of living between east and west germany?

its another persons perspective and most of us have little idea what the soviet union was really like.

With at least one exception.. I've been there both when it was USSR and then later after the breakup.

After the second trip I called it quits - mainly for personal safety.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 02:31:14 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2005, 02:29:41 PM »
Can you guys tell me the great hum,anitarian reasons for the blocade of Berlin in 1948 and the wall in 1961?

My imperialost education taught me that thse were agressives moves to starve west berlin and later to stop people fleeing the pvevery and opression of east Germany by going to western berlin.

I would love to know the pravda and patriotica.ru true story of these events!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2005, 02:30:44 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Well frankly then ATA you are full of old soviet communist propaganda so I understand why you say the things you do.

You have to understand what happened in Baku in 1987-90. My cousin was in Baku in 1990...

Was it possible in Soviet times? I mean - before Gorby? No! Gorby sent troops to Baku only after the slaughter was finished... My cousin was a cadet (kursant) on a "law-enforcement mission" and saw what happened there... :mad:

ATA, we have an Azerbaijanian AH pilot here, Fariz. He has his own view on a conflict, like "10% of Azerbaijan is occupied now", but I hope you can find understanding... :(

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
So Boroda are you saying that there was no difference in the standard of living between east and west germany?

Before late-60s - probably East Germany lived better. My opinion is based on the things told by my firends, and on what my family saw there, Grandfater was a commander of Portable Missile-technical base in a Group of Soviet troops in 57-65 there.

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »
Boroda!!
 а де можна надыбать серпак с молоточком такойже як у тя?
Или типа таво?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2005, 02:35:31 PM »
Why you guys arguing with someone who is so obviously ignorant, they are unable to understand HOW to use the "quote" key to reply to threads?

(sigh)  слабоумный
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2005, 02:36:10 PM »
you also have to understand that as we are TODAY spreading our influence globally...so did the soviets (albeit with a more sinister package)

it failed.

but it shouldnt be an indictment of the soviet people any more than our current actions should be an indictment of the american people.

good or bad.  we are extending our reach.

whats more, and even worse for us is the immediate moves by our own government to adopt rhetoric and laws that seemed ominously close to the old "spy on your neighbor" stories that we heard about the russians.

the patriot act may have come dangerously close to defending our country by turning inward.

thankfully, the danger seems to have passed...but it is still there...and we are not above it so long as we are willing to forget the lessons of others.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2005, 02:38:36 PM »
Originally posted by ATA

You are full of cold war propaganda and i anderstand why you say the things you do.

You bet!

I was a youth comunist pioneer back in the day myself. I wonder where my little red star, bandana and blue hat are now.

I know what a proper communist party education was...

:aok

Now as for you, ATA, you simply dont have have the will or the ability to break from your brainwashing.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2005, 02:40:12 PM »
My opinion is based on the things told by my firends, and on what my family saw there, Grandfater was a commander of Portable Missile-technical base in a Group of Soviet troops in 57-65 there.

I wasn't asking about the priviledged few, I mean the normal population.

You must realize that nobody could critisize the government or the way of life down there because of stasi, electronical eavesdropping and a vast spy network consisting of regular citizens? The official truth has always been quite amazing. I still remember the stories of a few russians who entered the western world for the first time.

They were looking around eyes round. They could not believe we had (back then) several vcr's, tv's etc. Or the quality of the cars and housing. Or the fact that I had access to pr0n (heh, I was 15 go figga.. :p )

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
Boroda
-----------------------
Person is smart,people are dumb.
I have no homeland anymore,cant even visit Baku.
Whats the point of understanding,most of players wont even talk if the Eng is a 2d language.
Exept for Ghi and myself.(Bish country)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Before late-60s - probably East Germany lived better. My opinion is based on the things told by my firends, and on what my family saw there, Grandfater was a commander of Portable Missile-technical base in a Group of Soviet troops in 57-65 there.

Late 1960s eh?

Is that why the Berlin wall was put up in 1961... To stop masses of vital professional types from fleeing your east german wonderland...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2005, 02:43:07 PM »
Originally posted by ATA
Boroda
-----------------------
Person is smart,people are dumb.
I have no homeland anymore,cant even visit Baku.
Whats the point of understanding,most of players wont even talk if the Eng is a 2d language.
Exept for Ghi and myself.(Bish country)

Well be sure to know you are welcome in the USA, even if you are a brainwashed communist with no ability to think for himslef or appreciate the advantages of this nation!

:)

But seriously I can sympathize with you feeling of being cut off from your home for a long time due to conflict, I know it first hand.  Hope you can visit some time there again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 02:45:26 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2005, 02:47:47 PM »
:rolleyes:

alas, the newly converted.

the political equivelant of born again.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2005, 02:49:21 PM »
Newly converted? I've been here for a long time... Certainly long enough to see the differences in great contrast.

Odd JB88, why do you need to downplay my support of the idea that the USA is much better than USSR?

Surely you must see that to be the truth? Or can you not resist knocking down this nation at every turn?  

But heck, you are the guy who think 911 was a US government planned attack so I guess that puts youn in ATA camp where the USA is as bad a Nazi Germany or the USSR...

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2005, 02:50:54 PM »
"appreciate the advantages of this nation"
i'm sure Hitler would say something like that.