Author Topic: '01 Memo to Rice Warned of Qaeda and Offered Plan  (Read 976 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
'01 Memo to Rice Warned of Qaeda and Offered Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 03:57:10 PM »
that surpizes me.  truly.

its was so common its kitsch.

consider yourself lucky.

:)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 04:01:25 PM »
looked it up on IMDB....

LMFAO can you say liberal propaganda LOL looks like a bill clinton documentary (or at least as much of a documnetary MM would make).
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 04:02:58 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
looked it up on IMDB....

LMFAO can you say liberal propaganda LOL looks like a bill clinton documentary (or at least as much of a documnetary MM would make).

ya, it was what everyone was saying at the time.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
"it's all about blame, not who's right or wrong, something bad happened and someone need's to the blamed" or something along that lines.

all you dem's want to blame someone, so you pick Ms. Rice, and any other republican that was in office at the time. what abotu all the democrats in office? you telling me that if a politician had solid proof of an exact attack on the US one political party would ignore it, or allow the attack to happen just to spite the other political party?

Hmmm Im not a dem but it sure is easy to get you cult of Bush members all twitchy.
I posted this because the admin denied that Clark had ever done what these documents show he did do. So stick with the subject matter.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 12:37:13 PM by Silat »
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 05:11:09 PM »
The memo didnt contain the names of the hijackers so really..what did you want Coni to do?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 05:55:12 PM »
Hindsight is a beautiful thing, it's ALWAYS 20/20. With that said, I dont think very many of us would have considered Al-Qaeada a viable threat to America before 9-11. I also dont think very many people in our gov't thought Al-Qaeada was a viable threat either. Obviously many of us were wrong about Al-Qaeada.

Clinton had 3 different opportunities to take out bin-Laden but chose not to. If Clinton had chosen differently, this whole thread wouldnt exist. By the time Bush got into office bin-Laden's plan for 9-11 was nearly complete. I dont think we could have found out enough information to stop the attacks in time.

I think the most notable thing done since 9-11 is the greater cooperation amongst all the intelligence agencies. For far to long America's intell services acted more like rivals than team mates. Our Presidents can only act on the information they are given. That information needs to be timely and accurate. I think our intel services are headed in the right direction now.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 06:18:15 PM »
The man paid to decide if they were a threat very much thought they were.
Its presented as an intellience failure, but clearly it was a leadership failrure.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 06:24:26 PM »
Is this the same Clark who said Rice wasn't even aware of Al Qaeda until after 911?

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 06:42:33 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie

By the time Bush got into office bin-Laden's plan for 9-11 was nearly complete. I dont think we could have found out enough information to stop the attacks in time.

I think the most notable thing done since 9-11 is the greater cooperation amongst all the intelligence agencies. For far to long America's intell services acted more like rivals than team mates. Our Presidents can only act on the information they are given. That information needs to be timely and accurate. I think our intel services are headed in the right direction now.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/moussaouiindictment.htm

We had Zacarias Moussaoui incarerated pre 9/11. He was alledgely one of the pilots. Would have been a big break had we got him to talk.

Seen the info on the Pentagons new intelligence unit? Cooperation is not exactly what they were going for on that one.I think I might actually agree with some aspects of this but basically I think they are taking the power from CIA so they can close it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29414-2005Jan22.html

I know its wp but its been confirmed by a few other sources So I will believe it until denied or told otherwise.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 06:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
The man paid to decide if they were a threat very much thought they were.
Its presented as an intellience failure, but clearly it was a leadership failrure.

Damn good way to put it Pongo.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 06:50:10 PM »
I really think some people should actually read the 911 report.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005, 07:40:37 PM »
IMHO we should move on. I mean really folks I dont ever want to forget 9/11 but lets drop this whole blame game and focus on the future. And no I dont mean "forget" anything so that we are doomed to repeat it. Its just that the whole finger pointing BS is getting very very old. And i dont recall hearing all this self rightgegeous finger pointing BEFORE she got the promotion. so can we simple agree that yes a ball was dropped? Who dropped it will never really be known since it happened on many levels. And there isnt really 1 document that is the be all end all disclosure to it. We really need to ban together to seek out and destroy the friggin terorists. Not continually attack each other. Thats what they want. AND while we are bashing each other we arent paying enough attention to what the nuts that want to kill us are doing.

Soooo GET OVER IT!! Suck it up and MOVE on!! Jeesh
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2005, 12:57:47 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
IMHO we should move on. I mean really folks I dont ever want to forget 9/11 but lets drop this whole blame game and focus on the future. And no I dont mean "forget" anything so that we are doomed to repeat it. Its just that the whole finger pointing BS is getting very very old. And i dont recall hearing all this self rightgegeous finger pointing BEFORE she got the promotion. so can we simple agree that yes a ball was dropped? Who dropped it will never really be known since it happened on many levels. And there isnt really 1 document that is the be all end all disclosure to it. We really need to ban together to seek out and destroy the friggin terorists. Not continually attack each other. Thats what they want. AND while we are bashing each other we arent paying enough attention to what the nuts that want to kill us are doing.

yeah your right people shouldnt be held accountable for things they did or did not do in the past. I mean dont judge a book by its contents. lol thanks daily show....Sorry but until condi shows she is not a mouthpiece for the administration and shows she has her own thoughts I will continue to believe she was chosen because she does as she is told.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2005, 05:41:33 AM »
Originally posted by Raider179
yeah your right people shouldnt be held accountable for things they did or did not do in the past. I mean dont judge a book by its contents. lol thanks daily show....Sorry but until condi shows she is not a mouthpiece for the administration and shows she has her own thoughts I will continue to believe she was chosen because she does as she is told.

And another one completely misses the point.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2005, 10:14:51 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd

So they totally reorganize the american intelligence comunity while ruhmsfeld creates his own intelligence agency that will tell him what the president wants to hear.
The intelligence comunity is totally ignored to force the invasion of Iraq.
Bush has specifically surounded himself with people that will "advise" him only with the advise he wants.
And you think its time to move on. who cares who knew what. Who cares if the FAA was also warned about the terrorists well before 9/11.
Doenst matter.