Author Topic: Zaphod heres #2.  (Read 619 times)

Offline Dlitz

• Zinc Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« on: March 21, 2005, 05:59:05 AM »
OK Zaphod heres #2 Heheheh since you were the only one to reply to my last film,I guess the job of film critic has fallen to you.I tried to do a little bit more editing on this one.Some where it picked up a 1 or 2 second deadspot,I dont know how
    I was poking around the net and found a free trial of Sony Vegas 5.It is a 30 day free trial and I am not sure wether i can figure it out enough, in that time period to put out a film.But after using a low end editor it is remarkable.It looks as though you can control EVERYTHING with it  

http://www.ah-films.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 07:35:00 AM by Dlitz »

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
I liked it buddy,  I really like the passing external shots of the nme planes with the sound recorded.  I like the way you used some of the views of the nme planes too.  I can't even guess on the delay though.

I really like my Sony Vegas editor, but it did take a lot of time to get going with it compared to Windows Movie Maker.  I still haven't used nearly all the abilities that it has.

Keep going with it...most every film I have edited I did so with using some view idea or feature that I hadn't used before in others just to learn it or try out how it looked.

Sorry the reply took so long, I haven't really checked the BBS in some time due to being busy.

Zaphod :)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »
ya tellin me that hell cat couldent out turn a spit lol damn ;) wtg

Offline Dlitz

• Zinc Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 04:34:59 PM »
Thanks Zaphod.I'll keep trying for fresh ideas.What sony program do you have, there was a 99$ one that had a demo,but i goofed and downloaded the demo for the 500$ one.It is over my head lol.I'll keep playing with it untill the demo runs out ,then I'll download the 99$ demo .Much closer to my budget anyhow.For now the Ulead studios progam will suffice.
    Skychimp the F6 did come back and put the last few rounds into me,but he just got the assist LOL :p

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »
Originally posted by Dlitz
Thanks Zaphod.I'll keep trying for fresh ideas.What sony program do you have, there was a 99$ one that had a demo,but i goofed and downloaded the demo for the 500$ one.It is over my head lol.I'll keep playing with it untill the demo runs out ,then I'll download the 99$ demo .Much closer to my budget anyhow.For now the Ulead studios progam will suffice.
    Skychimp the F6 did come back and put the last few rounds into me,but he just got the assist LOL :p

heh i have sony vegas 4.0 and 5.0a :p:D and havent made a movie getin dsl or cable start making them w00t :aok

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 11:36:23 AM »
Originally posted by Dlitz

I have the $99.00 one.  It seems to work pretty well for me.  I'm not sure it's any better than the Ulead program but I have no experience with Ulead other than looking at what they offer reading the package.

Zaphod

Offline Dlitz

• Zinc Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 03:02:56 PM »
From what i could see you get alot of the features in the 99$ you get in the more expensive version.Both being better than the Ulead studios.But in truth the final product is more closely linked to whats coming out of your brain,than the editor.Some of you guys are just darn good at it thats all

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 09:43:11 AM »
Nice work Dlitz!

If I might add or give you an Idea for your next one?

I noticed a few parts where the in game sound and the music became interlaced and it was a little tough sometimes to make out either. (it was still cool though).

I would try fading in and out between sounds, from in game to the music for some certain points.

Like, when you have a "high" point in fight, bring back the music and bring up the in game sound. Then when you have a high point in the music, bring that forward and increase its db. Also timing is everything with it, as you may very well know. It helps to add sort of an "emotional" effect to it. (that is timing between music highs/lows and film highs/lows. So you'll just have to play with it to see what works with the film and the music to make it fit

I know Sony Vegas is very expensive, but if you're somewhat serious about making movies then its well worth the extra cost. If one day you get the urge to splurge, you wont regret it. Its an awsome program and there are absolutly tons of forums filled with information on how to use it if you get stuck and need help.

keep up the good work!

Morph
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dlitz

• Zinc Member
Zaphod heres #2.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 10:00:20 AM »
Thanks Morph
   All ideas and help welcome.Good ideas about the sound morph,i had noticed that myself,but my current editor only allows for volume adjustment to the whole sound clip.I am working on a film for my CO,that i am trying to do more with sound.It is a pain in the butt .I am trying another program for volume adjustment within the clip.But as you might guess its a nightmare to integrate these back into the movie editor at just the right timing.One of these days Ill have the Sony program.Thanks again