Author Topic: Hitech Creations - Please Note...  (Read 1882 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Hitech Creations - Please Note...
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2005, 02:37:45 PM »
Why would someone in a gv need 17 miles visibility above them?  How far can the human eye see?  Maybe 2 miles up?  I don't care if space lab is flying over only a IL2....

My point being, and I may be wrong , this game is a major system hog for what it appears to be.  I'm glad to see you folks cleaning up the trees but I'll bet there is a few other places in need for coad review.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2005, 02:44:43 PM »
And yes, you are wrong rabid.  Your remarks are so far from reality I cannot even comment on them nor find a way to relate them to the reality of the situation.

That is not a dig, but a limitation of my own ability to find a path back to what is going on from your perception of what is going on.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:48:30 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »
No offense taken..

How else should I interpret this:

"Actually Kweassa it also has to do with the 17 mile visibilty above the vehicle."

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2005, 04:18:29 PM »
Skuzzy, what about an option to setup minimum fps. The game would adjust detail automatically to keep the desired minimum (if possible). And also setup a maxium fps, if the game detects fps above that limit, the game automatically increases the level of detail to get fps as close to max as possible.

A good example, minium of 30 fps, maximum of 60 fps. A system like that would ensure a great level of playability and detail for every system.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2005, 04:56:44 PM »
Originally posted by MANDO
Skuzzy, what about an option to setup minimum fps. The game would adjust detail automatically to keep the desired minimum (if possible). And also setup a maxium fps, if the game detects fps above that limit, the game automatically increases the level of detail to get fps as close to max as possible.

A good example, minium of 30 fps, maximum of 60 fps. A system like that would ensure a great level of playability and detail for every system.

ooooo I like that idea! Is this possible?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2005, 05:12:42 PM »
Dont know what the heck you all are doing,  I have all old stuff in my pc (ya know the stuff thats 6 months or older) :)  I dont have a High dollar computer, I build my own.   2.6 p4, intel mothaboard 800fsb , pc400 ddr duel channel 512mb, gf2 5200 <--old card paid 49.00 for it ,   etc....  my frame rates at 800x600  are from,   starts at 60 all the way to 120+ ...   no 300.00 to 400.00 dollar video card here,..running same graphics as you guys, .

You gotta match what you get,  Just like a motor in a car, putting a big 4v carberator on your stock 350 chevy is Not gunna make it faster, unless you put the matching parts in the motor also.  Not expensive parts, just matching, and know how to set them up.

only time the my frame rates are low  is on the ground view setting,  I dont use animated water and my sliders are in the middle, transitions and all are on.  

Dell and the rest of the prebuilt store bought systems are not always the big bang computer the sales person tell you they are.  They say mostly what you wana hear, not what you need to know and not what the unit will REALLY do and handle.  IMO all store bought PCs from dell or you name it, are crap.  some may get lucky and get a good one, but 95% of the time your Over paying and getting less.  (not to hear the sales people talk though, but thats there job, I guess)  

I also have been online gaming for a few years ,  so im not in the dark here.  New expensive vid cards are not always the answer , for sure if your pc is store bought.    sigh............ It took me a few to figure it out, so far its working ok.

have you all made sure you,ve checked for all settings available on your current vid card?  ...  

Just saying hate the computer maker you bought your computer from, dont hate the Game.

And if you built your own pc and still have Frame rate problems, well, hate yourself then I guess, for not matching parts put into your pc. Not everything works together no matter what the box or sales person says, all pc stuff is different even if its on the same shelf.   I too have had problems here and there over the years, but not lately on AH2. knock on wood!!  :p

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2005, 05:35:06 PM »
Quote:
"btw; need some technical jargon excuse to give my wife, on why I need a new pc after only 2 years"

In computer time that is considered archaic

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2005, 07:30:42 AM »
Originally posted by mojo55
Do not use omega drivers.Your vid card and wallet will thank you .

Hate to sidetrack but can't email ya Mojo. I'm running a 9800Pro and just installed the Omega drivers after a friend received a tremendous performance boost. I also have seen a very healthy boost to my graphics performance w/them. I'm of course very interested to know exactly how they may harm my  vid card. Sure would appreciate any additional info you may have.  Thank you, aztec.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2005, 07:53:45 AM »
Originally posted by MOIL
Quote:
"btw; need some technical jargon excuse to give my wife, on why I need a new pc after only 2 years"

In computer time that is considered archaic

Just point her to this website
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/M/Mo/Moores_Law.htm

And explain to her
Honey... 2 years is a lifetime. According to Moore's Law, we should be getting a new one every 18 MONTHS!
;-)
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2005, 09:46:17 AM »
Originally posted by aztec
Hate to sidetrack but can't email ya Mojo. I'm running a 9800Pro and just installed the Omega drivers after a friend received a tremendous performance boost. I also have seen a very healthy boost to my graphics performance w/them. I'm of course very interested to know exactly how they may harm my  vid card. Sure would appreciate any additional info you may have.  Thank you, aztec.

Yes I'd like to also know as I've used Omega drivers for well over a year and a half with my old ATI 9800 pro and my NVIDIA 6800gt oc and I've never had a problem with either card.  The drivers were not anything more than "donation ware" and that was not required.  Perhaps he didn't install them correctly by completely removing his old drivers.  The bottom line is I've tried many third party drivers and have found the OMEGA drivers very stable in just about every game I have used them with.

All the Best...
Jay
awDOC1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2005, 10:56:41 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
Here's some info on my card and set-up specs which I should have included to begin with.

Radeon Pro 9800 128 mg using Omega 2.5.97 drivers. I'll check today for newer drivers. Questions here: it's mu understanding that Omega drivers are tweaked to the max when they're installed. True? If any of the 3D setting options should be reset, to what do I reset them to?

My game settings are ~
Video resolution 1024x768
Preload textures and skins are both checked
Max texture = 512
frame rate = unlimited
my three detail/performance sliders are all set about 1/3 rd across from the left
All of the "disbale" boxes are checked; animated water is unchecked.
Under options, horizons, transitions and terrain mapping are all checked.

Thanks folks.

DmdMax

A nice A64 with a much upgraded motherboard; better chipset and so on. Your 9800 Pro will work just fine, but you will need another power supply... which should run $60-70 for a decent 400 - 450W. Oh yea.. throw in a Gig of much faster RAM... RAM is easily half the price of what it used to be.

You can replace the CPU, mobo, RAM and PS for under $400 these days.

..or.. check out

http://www.ibuypower.com and get yourself a nice AMD gaming rig for $700 or so bucks... orders one without a vid card and use your 9800 to save a few $$.

You'll get a-lot of upgrade features like S-ATA, FSB to burn, a chipset developed with gaming in mind (nvidias' for example, usb 2.0.. plus added goodies lie iRD support and extra expansion slots.

Your mobo's chipset is likely stuck at AGP 4x, and crippled FSB.. add that "slower" CPU & your 9800Pro is begging for more.

I'm assuming you have a seperate sound card?, on board sound sometimes off-loads tasks to the CPU and can give a performance hit... the same goes for running extra programs. I personally run nothing but the game; no AV, no firewall (I'm behind a router tho) no extra services.. nada. If I'm surfing the net, you bet my AV and added FW protection is on full blast.

Last... "FPS" isn't everything, it's become the "MHZ myth" of gaming. I'm running a relatively older system: XP3200 with a budget vid card 256M FX5700le (overclocked clocked to 400 / 480)  at 1024 res / 512 textures.. 85 FPS most of the time... same as my monitors refresh rate.

85 FPS sounds good huh?.. not bad ffor a $119 vid card... but it doesn't look the same, or as good, as a more expensive vid card with more eye candy goodies (texture shaders, pipelines.. techno babble) would offer... what I do get is a "nice" looking game at average settings that performs outstranding.

And yea... AH probably is taxing older systems, HT wants to release a game on par with "like" titles that take advantage of todays computers.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2005, 12:16:32 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Doc1: your never mind is correct.

HiTech

OK, so is your game dependent on the CPU or the GPU?  That really wasn't much of an answer.  Look I would NOT blame you if if was NOT GPU dependent as it would shut out a lot of users and would be like cutting off our noses despite our faces.  My response was purely an inquisitive response to the thread and not a provocative response.

All the Best...
Jay
awDOC1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!