Author Topic: Tips and Tricks of the stall limiter  (Read 516 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Tips and Tricks of the stall limiter
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:38:28 PM »
Hey guys....Recently I have noticed that a lot more peope have been flying without stall limiter, and no matter how hard I fly an aircraft, it is simply impossible to keep up with ACM's against them....I have decided I will be turning my stall limiter off, and im looking for any tips or tricks for learning to fly this way

thanks all

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 10:42:54 PM »
no tips or tricks, just stick time... you *will* go through a phase of stall/spins o' death  but once you get over that hump you'll actually find yourself rarely stalling/spinning unless you deliberately want to do so (or have been hung out with greed going up a rope for a kill), aside from the occasional snaproll.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:55:55 PM »
what Shane said!

most or the majority do not use stall limiter, it is there for the new comers to get their feet wet er before they get dried behind their ears ;)

We always suggest first thing to turn stall limiter off, it hampers you in away that you can not achieve the maximum potential from your aircraft.........

need any help just give us a shout
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 05:46:11 AM »
I'd have to agree,turn off stall limiter,combat trim and auto-takeoff,and fly-fly-fly,learn your trim keys until you don't have to think about them,i've recently switched from a MS twisty stick to a HOTAS,and i am now absolutely c**p after near 5 years on 1 hand stick,1 hand keyboard.

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 07:40:57 AM »
Stall limiter rocks!  :)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 08:10:09 AM »
You will manouver tighter once you get used to flying without it. You will also improve as a pilot. But it will potentially be a frustrating ride for the first weeks.

This said you will always get outmanouverd by someone. There are so many good sticks that there will always be a better one. The way you improve is to fight em and die to them in the DA. Even though you wount be getting many shots off on their planes you will improve, even though you dont feel like it at the moment. But when you get back into the MA, omfg what a difference.

Taking off the stall limmeter is just the first step on a long journey. ;)

Tex

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 08:11:20 AM »
flying with stall limiter off i am 100% certain i could beat anyone who is flying the same plane with the limiter on.

even shane or levi.

stall limiter is the devil!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Dinky2003

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 09:34:31 AM »
As long as you don't get greedy during ACM and pay attemtion to the current volume of the stall alarm, then you should be fine flying with the stall limiter off.

Disabled it before even actually playing the game, don't regret it either.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 09:58:53 AM »
Bah, fine, I'll try turning it off. Again.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 10:15:22 AM »
Ive never flown with stall limiter on. Learned to fly without it just fine. I think its a matter of being used to it. Id say Shane hit the nail on the head.

You can always try airshow maneuvers and stuff with limiter off in DA or TA, to get uesed to the new 'feeling'. Once youre through the hangars inverted, MA cant scare you ;).

Btw, when i tried the stall limiter in TA once, just to know what its like, it only limited my turn radius. When pulling too hard the plane still stalled out. Is it different iin TA then in MA? I thought it was its purpose to limit your turn so you *dont* stall....:confused:
21 is only half the truth.