Author Topic: Mexican Military on Standby in Response to Minutemen  (Read 5866 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Mexican Military on Standby in Response to Minutemen
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2005, 06:53:38 AM »
Think about how much US taxpayer money is being spent to spread democracy abroad, in the hope that Sharansky's thesis in his book "The Case for Democracy" will prove correct.

Then consider, Mexico, the poster child for dysfunctional, corrupt governments-- and it's a democracy. In our own backyard.    

Is our borrowed money being spent wisely?    Maybe Natan Sharansky isn't so smart after all.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2005, 06:59:46 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Mexico has a lot of natural resources and a corrupt government.....kind of like Russia and the USSR.

We need tp get the national guard to seal our borders as much as is humanly possible. We don't need the illegal Mexicans.

Agreed that we don't need the illegals, but the way you suggest accomplishing the goal is stupid, on several levels.

If you don't put bait on a hook, fish won't take it. Eliminate the bait (illegal employment) and the problem will go away. Its as simple as enforcing the laws we already have. If we'd quit allowing people to get away with HIRING illegals we wouldn't have the problem.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2005, 07:07:34 AM »
culero, believe it or not its easier to deploy a military presence across the entire border ...and cheaper.... than to enforce laws on several millions of citizens inside the US who employ illegals for cheap labor.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2005, 07:08:12 AM »
Originally posted by culero
If we'd quit allowing people to get away with HIRING illegals we wouldn't have the problem.

culero

Lovely sentiment, but you do realize that then we'd be holding people accountable for their actions? That's sorta un-American, isn't it?

I'm sure that some manufactured or harvested inanimate object MADE the employer higher the illegals. Thus, we must ban..... lettuce.... to solve this problem.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2005, 07:31:46 AM »
Originally posted by OIO
culero, believe it or not its easier to deploy a military presence across the entire border ...and cheaper.... than to enforce laws on several millions of citizens inside the US who employ illegals for cheap labor.

Agreed, especially if you suspend the Bill of Rights in order to make it easier for that military presence to do its job.

But I don't want to live in that sort of society.

Sig Heil!

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2005, 07:55:09 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Pfft, Fox enforcing the border?

Heck it workes out good for him, he's getting rid of the ones he doesnt want and they become our problem.

Forget the Minutemen, get some Civil War re enactors out there..and to really shake em into sealing that border up, Hawklore's lil paramilitary group! :p

Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt.....

:rofl

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2005, 08:11:20 AM »
Originally posted by OIO

WOW!!!!!!    :eek:

I'm glad that's settled     :rolleyes:

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2005, 08:36:06 AM »
this whole thing is reaching a flashpoint pretty quick. Truthfully while I dont want to see any more mexicans crossing over into our boarders, I also dont want to see anyone getting killed over it all too.. There has to be a way we can come to peaceful resolution. Once you start deploying troops, gun fights are only a jump, hop and a skip away.
 The illegal immigrants have become a huge problem in Atlanta. Right outside where I work is Chamblee Ga. Five years ago it was a nice upper middle class area. Now it is refered to as "little mexico" Half the ppl driving dont have licences, there are tons of car crashes, ppl getting hit by cars. It is sad really. I have to watch my P&Qs on my 5 min drive from I-85 off into the airport.
 When you go down into Chamblee it looks like a mess. There are ppl hanging out on street corners, kids playing in the street. It looks like a getto. It is sad really.
 I have two vehicles, I have stopped driving my pickup truck becuase every time I stop at the Mc Donalds down the street from my job I am rushed by mexicas jumping in. No S--t They open the doors, pile into the back and climb all over the place. I had some lumber in the back because I was redoing my deck, so I guess they figured I needed some help. I have a CCW here in the state of Ga, so I almost always have my pistol on me. On this day I found myself pulling it out. Lucky for me a buddy of mine a MARTA cop saw what was happening and pulled up. I holstered my weapon and he moved them along. However he didnt arrest them. There was no point. How sad.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2005, 09:00:20 AM »
Originally posted by Regular
That would actually be funny to see the Minute men get killed by the "enemy''.:rofl :rofl :rofl

WTF???:(

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2005, 09:08:13 AM »
yep... all that is needed is to have a national 5 day waiting period/background check for all hires.   Mandatory 1 year sentance and fine for any employer who hires illegals knowingly.

several things could be done on the benifiets thing also.

seagoon.. I will admit that the main reason for the brits being discrimnated against is the dental hygene thing... the other thing is that brits speak a semi understandale form of english and tend to voice their opinion on politics... and there is the perception that you are all gay.  

All of this is unfair of course and there are several brits who aren't like that at all but... life is not fair.

lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2005, 09:50:23 AM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
There has to be a way we can come to peaceful resolution.  

Yea, there is a "meeting of the minds" for discussion and the resolution of this problem and has been for quite some time.
The first 5 years were spent debating when and where the discussions would be held.
The next 10 years were spent debating who should be  eligible to enter the discssions.
The next  5 years were spent debating who should be seated where at the discussions.
The next 5 years will be spent debating on what food and refreshments will be served  at the discussions.
I figure by that time there will be a need for at least a 5 year debate on if the decison to have the discussions to begin with was the correct choice.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2005, 10:31:32 AM »
If this breaks out into violence, and if the mexican army voilates our border, how much you want to bet the Bush admin, will A: Do nothing about it, B: Prosecute the minutemen, not mater who started it and C: Go on letting ilegals suck this country dry.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2005, 11:15:35 AM »
There is no vigilante action on the minutemen's part either...they are going out there unarmed.

This is incorrect.  They are allowed to carry sidearms.  I'm wondering just how different people interpret the word "sidearm".

heheh go Minutemen!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2005, 11:20:10 AM »
GtoRA2,

I think Bush would do nothing about it - 1) they are cheap to employ and so business owners can make more profit by hiring illegals, and 2) they have no oil.

Why do you think he would do nothing?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2005, 11:37:26 AM »
Because Bush has a hardone for ilegals.

He has been trying to sell out this country to that **** Fox since day one as president.

I am not sure why he is so pro ilegal, but he is.

Worst liberal president we have had in years.