Author Topic: pizzed  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Sarge1

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/soundpge/index.html
pizzed
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 02:38:57 PM »
i came into game wasnt in any other arena didnt see any one take off while i was on runway. then took off cause i thought they left ahead of me. saw dots. augered came back saw dots but no enemy. stayed in game anyways made it to target
hit building then died. dont know what hit me since i could not see anyone, but its a game and things happen, still had fun flying to target even though the enemy had cloaking devices on..lol

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
pizzed
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 03:02:09 PM »
there will be a new map for the next 2 frames but plane set will stay the same. Sorry for any inconveance
I really think this is the wisest move until we know more how to deal with the bug in the terrain or how to fix it.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Wind

• Zinc Member
pizzed
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 05:01:08 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
I really think this is the wisest move until we know more how to deal with the bug in the terrain or how to fix it.

On the other hand...

What if we explain to everyone there is a bug, we run next week as we would if it were normal, and we invite HTC folk to observe / play along (if they will)?

While it sucked being shot at by enemies I never saw and buzzed by invisible squadmates,  I did (and will continue most likely) enjoy Friday Night Squad Ops.

Can we as a group help squash this particular bug if HTC is willing to give it a go?  I'd be willing to suffer through another potential disaster if HTC promised to at least attempt a fix.  What about the rest of you?

The great thing is we can always run this event again if things don't work out!

W~

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
pizzed
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »
Last night when I realised we didn't have enough players I jumped from the SEA to the MA and back to the SEA. As far as I could tell I had no issues. We did have squad mates that had this problem and had to logoff completely and back in again. If it's a known buggy map for an issue as bad as this I don't think it should have even been considered for use in an event. It was very frustrating having to have guys jump out of the event and back in once they realised they had bug.

Offline ManeDog

• Zinc Member
pizzed
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 09:57:18 PM »
Frame was a total bust IMO!  3 otta our 4 had to relog twice then after grabbing for 15 min  ICONS went away for them again.  Needless to say they gave up.

Frame must be replayed if at all possible

ManeDog

Offline Wind

• Zinc Member
pizzed
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 10:39:26 PM »
Originally posted by 68KO
there will be a new map for the next 2 frames but plane set will stay the same. Sorry for any inconveance

What if we simply started the whole thing over using a new map?  If the first frame was FUBAR because of a supposed "map bug", why not start a new FSO from scratch?

We are all here for the fun.  I doubt anyone is going to complain if we just call a "do-over"...

W~

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
pizzed
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 03:22:13 AM »
Originally posted by Wind
We are all here for the fun.  I doubt anyone is going to complain if we just call a "do-over"...

W~

I agree !
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
pizzed
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 06:18:11 AM »
Originally posted by Wind
What if we simply started the whole thing over using a new map?  If the first frame was FUBAR because of a supposed "map bug", why not start a new FSO from scratch?

W~

Its not a "supposed map bug". Its a map bug. Ill see if I can get a hold of the map maker and find out if he's been able to track it down.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 06:51:40 AM by Slash27 »

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
pizzed
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2005, 10:09:26 AM »
Gents,

I sent this out to all the C.O.'s and X.O.'s of Squad Ops, but I will post it here anyway.

Gents,

Please forward this to your squadies so everyone knows what is going on.

This is concerning the dot bug in the Finrus terrain. When this happens players don’t see any icons or any aircraft, but only dots that seem to represent aircraft at a distance.

Considering the number of players who had issues with the Finrus terrain last night in Squad Operations due to the dot bug, 68KO may use another generic terrain for frames 2 and 3 of this current Squad Operations. We are still discussing it in the CM BB. It is possible a simple rebuild of the terrain by HTC could solve the problem. We may just try that, but it would be a gamble and could result in more players experiencing frustration in frame 2 if that does not solve the problem.

If we do us the Finrus terrain again there are two common fixes for this bug that work “most” of the time.

1st - We suggest you enter the SEA from a fresh start of the game. Don’t come from the MA to the SEA. That seems to be a factor in experience this bug.

2nd - We suggest as soon as you notice you are experiencing the bug you log and completely shut down Aces High. Then log back in and try again. For most this works the first time, but for others it has taken up to 3 times to fix it.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure