Author Topic: SEGunner....Chivalry isn't dead <<S>>  (Read 1853 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
SEGunner....Chivalry isn't dead <<S>>
« on: April 04, 2005, 12:37:42 PM »
I was up on a early morning JABO hop this morning (A7 I think)...dropped my ords and had a nice little tussle with a seafire...as he went down a 2nd spitty came on in...after a second fun fight I got some lead into SEgunners lead (gas that is) and he was suddenly fuelus depletus...so that ended that one. I pushed the nose over and toward the floating hunk of metal serving as home. Iwas down to 15% total fuel and leaned out hoping to skirt my way back over land and on out to sea...I caught the attention of an F8 (190) and had to evade and jam the gas...managed to get the 190 to go left as I went right and opened up enough room to make a run for the fleet....and a spittie came screaming on in...I was watching him come on in and then SEGunner asked if I was bingo ammo...let him no I had plenty of ammo but no gas...he let the easy kill go and I rtb'ed...

Not expected or required...but certainly appreciated....

If your a dinged, damaged or bingo and you happen to know its me on your 6 just pipe up....SE got passes from me for a long time. Not that you guys really need em :)....

Anyway just thought it was a class act deserving of mention.....

<> SE's :aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 01:04:22 PM »
SEs are good to fight against...  Usually always up for a good fight.

Nevertheless, I would have just blasted you and awaited the sarcastic "WTG" on channel 200.   :lol

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »
Yep,
 Everyonce in a while I find a pilot out there also. Usually it's not me!
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 01:08:41 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
SEs are good to fight against...  Usually always up for a good fight.

Nevertheless, I would have just blasted you and awaited the sarcastic "WTG" on channel 200.   :lol

As much as it pains me to admit it....I'd have gleefully hosed Gunner if things were reversed. Now 10 yrs ago I'd of never considered shooting a guy rtbing after a good fight.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 02:31:48 PM »
If Hitech’s grandmother had shown me mercy and let me go on her first sortie, and then on her next was bingo after putting up a good fight and begged me for forgiveness… I would have blasted her.  

Chivalry is for movies and weenies.

eskimo

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 12:50:32 PM »
i disagree eskimo.

things like this are the only reminder that the human race still stands a chance of living free and peacfully.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 01:11:44 PM »
It is refreshing to see, but we all no that mostly the only way to RTB ist to either have cover or all bandits are shot down.  I try to act with honor, but rarely is it extended to me.

Oh yeah and what kind of a Goob shoots at a chute???

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 01:16:45 PM »
I'd have asked if you were out of gas or ammo.  If you'd stated that you were, I would have told you to run on home and wagged my wings at you.

Then I would have blasted you a couple of minutes later.  I am such a meanie.  :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 01:34:19 PM »
All right!
I just saw your siggy, I have finally met a nother NC, good ol' boy!
I am a Tarheel as well. :cool:

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I'd have asked if you were out of gas or ammo.  If you'd stated that you were, I would have told you to run on home and wagged my wings at you.

Then I would have blasted you a couple of minutes later.  I am such a meanie.  :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

hehe.....

Well....the underlying premise here is I'd of had to have won the 1st fight...now wouldnt I have. So we have me in my beleguered F6 with you in a pos E pos alt spit V screaming on in....hmmmm

More than likely I'd of been the one catching you RTB (probably in a C-hog)...I'd of course wait till ya went glider then lob all 900+ 20mm at ya :aok

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
Re: SEGunner....Chivalry isn't dead <<S>>
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »
Originally posted by humble
<> SE's :aok

Humble – I second that about SEs. I was up in a Seafire and was defending a CV until it was bombed. I then proceeded to head to the nearest base and see what I could kill. Evaded a 190 and 51 which I eventually got both to smoke but no kills. Finally Downed a 110, deacked the base, and then killed an M16 out of the VH. The M16 was SE3dfx. He could have easily upped an OSTI and carved me up so I look like piece of swiss cheese. He brought out another M16. Since I was out of ammo I figured why land so I provided him with a target. I worked him a little but he eventually got me and I didn’t mind – it was a good fight. I have no problems with SEs – Good Squad.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 03:22:30 PM »
What made it tough was that I wouldnt have acted that way if things were reversed...even a few years ago...yup. But now, I'm no better then anybody else...I just hose em and go on.

Now I do acknowledge good flying/fights and will stay out if asked or if its an obvious gangbang. I try and be both a good loser and gracious winner.....but if your in front of me i'm gonna hose you.

Really brought back how far I've "fallen" from the way I used to be:)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »
Chivalry ain't dead. It's just self serving. :D

The charming thing about chivalry is that it's so rare.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 10:17:34 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
i disagree eskimo.

things like this are the only reminder that the human race still stands a chance of living free and peacfully.

There are plenty of real world reminders of the good in humanity.  This, however, is kill or die combat/war sim.  Not everyone takes it so seriously and reads that much into it; its just a bunch of dweebs playing a silly computer game.

eskimo

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: SEGunner....Chivalry isn't dead <<S>>
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 10:52:52 PM »
Originally posted by EN4CER
Humble – I second that about SEs.

SEs – Good Squad.

It`s that SEbobo guy ya got watch out for. Mean, irritable, plumb ornery type cuss. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------