Author Topic: since spawn point increase  (Read 1202 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
since spawn point increase
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 04:11:56 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Keep in mind that when you try to take off of a vulched field you know it is vulched before launching.  When you jump to a spawn point you have no way of know if it is camped or not.

Once ... after that ... its all YOUR fault ... no different.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 04:29:21 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Once ... after that ... its all YOUR fault ... no different.

I was only speaking of the first time.  I have lost tanks to that first try though.

After that you know just as much as the prospective vulchee before he launches.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 10:52:11 PM »
I have personally landed 37 kills ah1  vulching in a niki entire Mw squad was vulching for atleast 1 hr, so 30 i can see, and i'm sure some have reloaded to go back to vulched field and have landed or died with many more.

I can see why HTC changed spawn points, I would hate to lose new customers ( who use gvs first) when they6 think all you can do is die as soon as you try to spawn over and over. These new players are bread and butter to old players. without player base growing game will get stale.

And i'm sure before to long someone will figure out how to take advantage of new spawn points. Just like a certain someone who first found out that shooting your own countries hanger increase you hit %. Glad that he didn't die from his sting..............

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 03:04:06 AM »
Originally posted by rod367th
I can see why HTC changed spawn points, I would hate to lose new customers ( who use gvs first) when they think all you can do is die as soon as you try to spawn over and over. These new players are bread and butter to old players. without player base growing game will get stale.

This is it exactly, both players in an engagement should at least have some sort of chance of winning. Perhaps now when someone lands XX kills in a GV it will mean something other than that they like to game the game. Also, I've always wondered how many of those mega GV kill totals were players repeatedly killing second accounts. This sort of thing devalues the game and I'm glad HTC have done something about it.

If there was some way to stop idiots repeatedly upping from vulched fields, I'd be all for that too.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 03:21:54 AM »
LOL.

Whining because spawn camping is harder?

Boo  hoo.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 07:31:53 AM »
LOL.

Whining because spawn camping is harder?

Boo hoo.

HAHAHAHAHA  No doubt - what next people are going to start whining because they have to fight hahahaha:rofl

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 07:39:57 AM »
two ping ack death ought to fix it
or
lower the restore time to two minutes for ack repair
or
increase hardness of ack so that it takes a bomb to take it out
or
if disabled by mg/cannon from plane - two minute repair time - if killed by bomb - 15 min repair time (this would simulate the diff between the gun crew getting mowed down and the gun actually being damaged to the point of replacement needed)

or

all of the above :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: since spawn point increase
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 07:43:11 AM »
Originally posted by whels
since HT has helped the spawners by increasing spawn radius by 500 yards, i think its time to help the planes taking off vs vulchers.

since u cant increase the popup point and still be on runway,  id say increase ACK hardness and also increase leath  and accuracy.

as is right now 1 fighter can deack a field and setup vulch, thats intirely too easy. should take a corrdinated effort from multiple
fighters and/or buffs to deack a field.

if ur gona program against spawn camp, then u got to do it vs vulching, they are the same.

I agree the same...whel sead..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 07:59:14 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
HAHAHAHAHA  No doubt - what next people are going to start whining because they have to fight hahahaha:rofl

Don't know if they whined yet, but I have seen some posts with some pretty good ideas on how to stop that from happening.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 09:25:24 AM »
Originally posted by mars01

its funny to hear the hypocrisy from fighter panzies who cry NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if u talk about changing thier
vulch gravey train  lol

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 09:30:55 AM »
its funny to hear the hypocrisy from fighter panzies who cry NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if u talk about changing thier
vulch gravey train  lol

Veni, Vidi, Vulchi.  Not Veni, Vidi, Spawncampi I guess.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: since spawn point increase
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 10:18:58 AM »
ive seen 30 to 100 kills landed from vulch sessions

then you saw someone who managed ot find a group of complete idiots.
Or masochists
Take your pick LOL

Anyway this isnt anything more ack and more and more accurate puffy ack cant fix.

there should be more puffy ack not less. and it should be alot more effective against large formations.

Also each feild should have several GV hangars spread out on the feild and not just 1.

This way panzies and M-16's can up for AA duty.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:22:54 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
There is one fundamental difference to remote spawn point camping and vulching.  In the gv's at least your first spawn is blind, you have no idea if the spawn point is camped out.  At an airfield you know what you're getting yourself into when you click on the runway button.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 10:47:38 AM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
There is one fundamental difference to remote spawn point camping and vulching.  In the gv's at least your first spawn is blind, you have no idea if the spawn point is camped out.  At an airfield you know what you're getting yourself into when you click on the runway button.

easy fix.  if a enemy is within 2k of spawn point, make the spawn arrow blink.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 12:18:18 PM »
easy fix.  if a enemy is within 2k of spawn point, make the spawn arrow blink.

Whels, thats a good suggestion.