Author Topic: Greetings and kudos  (Read 1691 times)

OhNo

Greetings and kudos
« on: April 26, 2000, 06:53:00 PM »
Thought I would pop into the O club and say hi and congratulate HTC on a fine product. I've been away from multiplayer air combat sims for about 6 years...was pretty heavy into SVGA AW 2.0 in the early 90's, and look back fondly on those days, hunting the likes of Killer, HT, DD, Twisted, and Tombstone (*shudder*), and other giants of the sky, usually getting worse than I gave, and DoK's scenarios, getting in touch with my hate  , etc...at $3/hr and a new wife mediocre with fleeting moments of competence was the best I could hope for...as a B-lander I didn't fight Pyro much altho I remember once defecting to C-land and learning the hard way over the PAC atoll how well he and his brother could fly cats...

Enough memory lane, am presently between women and jobs, thought I'd try out AH and am having a blast flying w/Knights. Well done HTC!! This is the product we dreamed about back then, done by guys who no doubt know that 2 weeks = 14 days   It's great to see it being realized. Best of luck with the venture.

Talk about a MUCH tougher environment. I need to unlearn a lot of what I remember from my AW days...turnfighting is a totally different animal, that and other brutal surprises like headons and buff gunnery...hoowah!

Again, great job, am getting my bellybutton kicked and loving it, see y'all up there.

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Greetings and kudos
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2000, 07:11:00 PM »
OhNo,

Welcome back to on line flight sims.  
I have been flying on line for a year now, RL about 26 years. I'm very thankful that I have more adrenaline rushes on line than off line.  
As a member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, flying with the Knights, just ask and you'll recieve<sp?> help anytime.
Wish you the best here in Aces High and most of all.....Have fun.  

332nd Flying Mongrels

OhNo

Greetings and kudos
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2000, 05:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Ozark. WRT asking for assistance, thanks & will do, likewise am up for doing what i can to help out the country. 26 yrs in the real thing - I bet you have an interesting take on sim modeling. And good to know I'm not the only older guy up there  

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Greetings and kudos
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2000, 07:06:00 AM »
OhNo!

Seen ya up last night off of A3.  

Welcome to AH.  If ya ever need any help when Im on, just let me know.

Im a member of JG2 and we fly Knights.  

Been pretty much of a blast so far, and it is getting better!    

------------------
Swager
I/JG2~Richthofen~
"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 04-27-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Greetings and kudos
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2000, 02:28:00 PM »
Ohno, welcome!
Can't say I am on as often as some of these old farts, but more than willing to help out when I am.

Fly target for you anytime.  
------------------------
daddog C.O.
332nd Flying Mongrels

Where men become friends and friends become brothers.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Greetings and kudos
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2000, 02:56:00 PM »
Oh no, didn't you fly in CK beta days for a spell(early WB's)?  I used to fly AW Dos when it was something like 5/hr...been many years, anyways, I do beleive your handle looks familiar from WB's.  

Good to see your text again!  Join us on Fridays in Knightland, JG2  has 48 members   You're welcome to fly with us anytime.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-27-2000).]