Author Topic: Hard to believe that Japan is still officialy denying thier actions in WW2.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Hard to believe that Japan is still officialy denying thier actions in WW2.
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 12:35:42 PM »
Originally posted by prkele
And you turned  it personal, fishu

Alakaa tosissaan hävettään  olla suomalainen

Lopeta jo nyssyily, tiedän nyt kuka olet.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 01:11:46 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Dude.... they can't shoot for $h_t.

Woof

And just how would you know that?

They must be able to aim reasonably well. They manage to kill enough of each other.

Even our own well trained soldeirs manage to unintentionally shoot women and children from time to time.

As do our cops.

there was a case here that made national news several years ago not 5 miles from me of a jewlery store heist.
 The store owners was/is a cop and his wife.
The owner decided to pull out his gun and defend his store and ended up shooting and killing his wife by mistake.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline prkele

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 01:24:42 PM »
Eipä oo tullu tähän ikään vielä nyssyiltyä niinku  jotkut, tuskinpa tiijät kuka oon.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 04:30:18 PM »
Päätellen kielenkäytöstä joku alaikäinen. Oliskohan sun syytä katsoa peiliin ennenkuin alat neuvomaan muita kuinka tulee käyttäytyä?

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 07:14:49 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
And just how would you know that?

I watch Cops and read the newspaper.

They must be able to aim reasonably well. They manage to kill enough of each other.

Whatever...:rolleyes:   they do manage to hit each other from 3 feet away on occasion..... but mostly they spray bullets around the neighborhood and kill innocent people.
I happen to shoot recreationally. I know how hard it is to hit things. And I CAN do it. Those oscarwipes can't hit jack poo poo.

Woof

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2005, 12:37:42 AM »
And still it gets worse.  Now the US has issued a warning to all its citizens in China that the protests might turn against all foreigners.  

This isnt just about textbooks, and I seriously doubt it has come to this level entirely on its own.  Somebody is stirring this pot rather vigorously methinks.

BEIJING, China(CNN) Several thousand Chinese have taken to the streets in Shanghai in a protest against Japan, with some throwing plastic bottles and tomatoes at the office of the consulate general, officials said.

Recent angry anti-Japan protests in China have centered on Japan's approval of history books that downplay its World War II aggression and what China considers Japan's failure to admit atrocities.

China is also opposed to Japan's gaining a permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council, something the country is hoping to do.

A spokesman for the Japanese embassy in Beijing told CNN the Shanghai protesters were throwing plastic bottles and tomatoes at the consulate general's office, but did not have any information on damage.

Protesters were also singing nationalist songs and shouting slogans demanding the boycott of Japanese goods.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has called for Beijing and Tokyo to calm their flare-up.

"I think the two countries, I hope, will maintain their contacts, and they have a whole series of contests -- commercial, financial, political, and all this," Annan said on Thursday.

"And I hope this issue will be handled in a manner that will not escalate. I rely on the wisdom of the two countries to find a way out."

Annan's call came as the United States warned its citizens in China to be on guard, saying protests planned this weekend could turn against all foreigners.

"The demonstrations are purportedly against Japanese interests, but could involve foreigners in general."

The weekend protests, which seemed to have tacit state support, also targeted Japan's U.N. Security Council bid.

Annan has said he wants to expand the Security Council to better reflect current global political realities, including better representation from the developing world.

But China, a permanent member already, is opposed to Japan getting a seat.

The U.N. chief has called for a decision to be made by September on how to reshape the council. Chinese officials have suggested that time frame is not possible.

In last weekend's protests, which took place in several Chinese cities, thousands of Chinese citizens called for a boycott of Japanese products, burned Japanese flags and shouted anti-Japanese slogans. The protests sparked concern and denunciation from Japan.

Another point of contention is Tokyo's decision to issue drilling rights in a disputed area of the East China Sea.

Japan on Wednesday said it would award deep-sea gas exploration rights in the disputed zone to private companies, a move Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Qin Gang called a "serious provocation."

Both governments disagree on the boundary and both claim the gas deposits. China has already begun exploring the fields, in a move Tokyo says extends into its zone.

Japanese foreign minister Nobutaka Machimura is expected to go to Beijing this weekend to discuss the fraying ties.

China has stood firm so far, with Premier Wen Jiabao telling reporters in New Delhi on Tuesday Japan must "face up to history squarely."

On Tuesday Japanese Trade Minister Shoichi Nakagawa said he was concerned about the impact of the Chinese sentiment on Japanese companies, one day after Koizumi called the protests "regrettable" and urged the Chinese to protect the nation's citizens.

"Yes, I'm worried ... they're a country that's trying to become a market economy and we need them to take a proper response," Nakagawa told a news conference.

"It's a scary country."

Japan's leaders have so far apologized to China on no fewer than 17 occasions since the two nations restored diplomatic ties in 1972, according to The Economist Global Agenda.

Japan is now also widely regarded as a model nation -- a pacificist democracy that donates large sums of money to the United Nations and the World Bank.

But the textbook row has only exacerbated a deep-seated ill-will. Of 1,000 Chinese in major cities surveyed in a telephone poll by the independent Social Survey Institute of China, nearly all said the textbook move was an insult, with most saying it was "open provocation," Reuters reported.

The tensions can be traced back to Japan's military campaigns in the last century. Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931, and occupied various parts of China until 1945.

In particular, Chinese say Tokyo plays down 1937's "Nanjing massacre." When that city fell to the Japanese Imperial Army, tens of thousands of civilians and prisoners of war were killed.

There is also much resentment of Japan's WWII practice of forcing women from China and other parts of Asia to become sex slaves for its soldiers.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2005, 01:00:37 AM »
SOA speaketh the truth:

These textbooks have been around since Methusela was a young 'un.

Much easier to be able to blame one's shortcomings on others. Almost as easy as denying them.

Takes one's mind off the Great Leap Forward, or domestic corruption in general.

Look! Look at the silly monkey!
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2005, 01:11:44 AM »
All such assertions are nonsense as long as the text books and the denials exist and are the standard line from Japan.

And they get mad at us for saying "jap"
give me a friggen break.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2005, 03:24:50 AM »
The new textbooks arent denying anything.  They simply gloss over what happened.  And its only middle school aged kids who would be affected.  High school age kids will still have the older style textbooks.  This sort of "history lesson" was being introduced at middle school ages, and they decided those kids were too young.  They arent lying to anyone, they simply decided not to tell 10-12 year old children just how bad great grandfather was.  Japan has repeatedly given official apologies to China for what that generation did, and have been a model democratic society ever since.  How many generations do you want to see grovel in front of the world before they are allowed to have a little dignity again?  Granted, some of the officials in charge in Tokyo could have a little more tact in dealing with this, but its really amazing how quickly even we Americans fall for the Propaganda machine the communists use so very effectively.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2005, 03:57:28 AM »
But the textbook row has only exacerbated a deep-seated ill-will. Of 1,000 Chinese in major cities surveyed in a telephone poll by the independent Social Survey Institute of China, nearly all said the textbook move was an insult, with most saying it was "open provocation," Reuters reported.

What does an 'open provocation' justify as a response?

Offline prkele

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2005, 08:14:49 AM »
Stagalle. Ja mistäköhän löysit tuon neuvomisjutun? Juu  alaikänenhän minä, vasta 27 vuotta palomiehenä Oulun palolaitoksella

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2005, 08:48:18 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
I watch Cops and read the newspaper.

Whatever...:rolleyes:   they do manage to hit each other from 3 feet away on occasion..... but mostly they spray bullets around the neighborhood and kill innocent people.
I happen to shoot recreationally. I know how hard it is to hit things. And I CAN do it. Those oscarwipes can't hit jack poo poo.

Woof

Ohhh he watches "cops"

LOL Every cop I personally know claims that is one of the most unrealistic shows out there. They view it more as a comedy.
News papers as do the rest of the media report stories they way they want to report them and they usually dont let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

You shoot recreationally. But have you ever shot at a person? And was that person shooting or potentially have the ability of shooting back?

Target shooting and people shooting are two completely different things
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »
Originally posted by prkele
Stagalle. Ja mistäköhän löysit tuon neuvomisjutun? Juu  alaikänenhän minä, vasta 27 vuotta palomiehenä Oulun palolaitoksella

No et kuitenkaan ole vielä oppinut käyttäytymään aikuisten lailla? No ehkäpä viellä joskus.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2005, 09:40:18 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Target shooting and people shooting are two completely different things

To add..

Hit & run killings and battlefield killings are two completely different things

Offline prkele

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2005, 10:26:56 AM »
No et kuitenkaan ole vielä oppinut käyttäytymään aikuisten lailla? No ehkäpä viellä joskus.

??????????????????? Perustele.