Author Topic: WW2 Online... preliminary report.  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
WW2 Online... preliminary report.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Ripsnort, I played AH for 6 months straight non-stop. I love AH. But I got burnt out and it didn't change all that much so I got tired.

Must say the same, never ending furrball and take that field.

Liek I said about the FM, the planes don't lose much E in flat turns and this is Bad, the overall FM is jsut lovelly though, you guys should have seen my face when I accidently put a 109 in a inverted Flat Spin, hammerheads, tails slides etc feel alot better.

As for the torque effects, in AH the torgue is no more then that of a 150 Hp engine in a Cherokee (yes I have flown those). In WW2OL you actually have to give alot of rudder and work some to stay straight, this is what I'd expect from a 1000Hp+ engine.

Dammage modell, OH, it's nice!  :)

Fscott, nope, I haven't bought it yet, I am waiting for my Extra 256mb (MUAHAHA) memory and see if I can get better frame rates on my "just above minimun requiriments" computer. I've been in the Beta since about 2 weeks.

As we all know, gaming companis ALLWAYS put the "minimum requirement" BELLOW actuall "good FPS level". Same thing with AH.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
Wilbus, whether its WW2 Online, or AH, or WB's, its all "Capture the Flag"...you will see.  :)  (Oh, and spawn point campers seem to be a common denominator too! ;))

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
This is gonna be funny as hell!!!

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Keep em coming Fscott. Your posts seem to currently be the most objective, or if not that, the most detailed anyway.

As for capture the flag and endless furballs in AH but not WW2O? rofl..

like Ripsnort and Funkedup said ...   :)

-Westy

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
bought it at lunch, went home and logged on to AH  :)
will try it after work, graphics on the box look like crap - hope they are better in the game.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Yoda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2001, 02:05:00 PM »
Is it just me, or is there no way to configure your joystick, throttle, etc?

And how come the only vehicle to have an actual pilot is the Spitfire?

I especially love the "realistic" spinning on the ground with no throttle.  Must be a tornado outside!    :rolleyes:   :confused:
Jedi Master

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
Well my take is thus FWIW (off-line only at this point)
AC are harder to get in the air but seem easier to fly once your up. This may or may not be due to a easier FM jury still out ;)
Tanks have a learning curve to get it all together, go,shift,reverse,stop,switch to gunner,aim,fire,(miss  :) ),change ammo type,reload,open hatch (to find out where i'm at again),button up,switch to driver,shift move,stop, switch to gunner .... well, you get the picture, it will be fun with a full crew.
Why would anyone "want" to be a AT crewman is beyond me!  Kinda like volunteering for Napoleon line infantry shoot once and pray. PS don't miss  :D
Infantry Well it's cool to pop away on the firing range then walk up and see your hit pattern in the target.  Me thinks there will be a lot of smg and a lot of snipers but not a lot of grunts ... who knows ... maybe
we will get a group of 72 guys who sign up to be 1st platoon  A company 1st battalion in the Big Red One.  How many people on the server at the same time?  
I like the stamina and blood count.  I wonder how jinking all over the sky for 30 min or so will effect/be reflected in the game??? I KNOW the effects in real life (TM), but how will being in a prolonged furball effect reaction times/performances in the game?  I guess we just wait and see ... or we could all start whining right off the bat :D
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Online and offline are two very different worlds.    :rolleyes:

------------------
Moo. Happy now?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
fscott, surely you are not surprised that a lot of WW2OL beta testers are AH players?

...and Rip's correct. It's ALL "capture the flag" whether you name the objective A32 or Spontin. There will be the ebb and flow of battle, there will be constant furballs over the "front". It's taking territory from the other guys. They're aren't that many variables to gameplay when you stop and think about it.

I personally hope they succeed. Competition is good and Choice is good. Everyone is happy; what could be better?

I do hope we don't let this degenerate into a p*ssing contest over who has the longest.. nose.

They're just games. Play what you like, like what you play. Enjoy!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
Cool sig funked   :)

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: rosco- ]

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
Good framerate fscott?

One hint fscott, keep your mouth closed til you get online, then tell us what you think.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2001, 05:12:00 PM »
Looks promising, but gee it would be nice if just once a half decent gameplay manual was supplied with a game.

Anybody get their hat views to work?  If so, how?...figured out the Keymapper?

bowser

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2001, 05:15:00 PM »
You'll find a views.kgm file that is read-only, that's what's keeping your view settings from holding.  Toggle that flag in properties.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2001, 06:36:00 PM »
Fatty,

Yes, I heard of that.  I can actually map the views to the hat and save them, but the hat still does not work.  The Keymapper detects the hat, but still no go.  Apparently quite a few people are having this problem.  Any ideas?

bowser

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
The keymapper will detect the hat, but not save them (if you have the read only file).  The way to see if this is your problem is to go into keymapping again after you saved them, and see if your changes are there.

If this isn't your problem, you're beyond my help.  I did not have the patience to play this game long enough to find more detailed mapping flaws   :rolleyes: