Author Topic: goats and ricers  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
since a honda civic does not have a trunk

Either he doesn't know the difference between "a honda civic" or "his honda civic" or the guy is an idiot.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 05:55:48 PM »
Originally posted by Munkii
Either he doesn't know the difference between "a honda civic" or "his honda civic" or the guy is an idiot.

maybe he just doesnt know about hondas....to me that's not a crime its something to brag about.....some of them don't have trunks

you can't say the guy doesnt know about CARS since a Honda Civic is A car not a bunch of them.

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 06:17:06 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
maybe he just doesnt know about hondas....to me that's not a crime its something to brag about.....some of them don't have trunks

you can't say the guy doesnt know about CARS since a Honda Civic is A car not a bunch of them.

Point taken.. the man knows nothing about Honda Civic's.  I don't know anything about ejection seats either.  If I wrote an article talking about ejection seats like I knew everything when I obviously knew nothing it would probably bother you as well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 06:19:31 PM by Munkii »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
goats and ricers
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 06:19:22 PM »
Point taken.. the name knows nothing about Honda Civic's.  I don't know anything about ejection seats either.  If I wrote an article talking about ejection seats like I knew everything when I obviously knew nothing it would probably bother you as well.

The post was funny and the guy nailed his points very well. The guy never claimed to be a Honda expert.

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 06:24:17 PM »
So Im a car enthusiast,

He seems to think he's a car enthusiast.  I'm a car enthusiast.  I don't know everything, but before I put anyone down, even if they are retarded I like to look up what they are doing.  The guy gave no indication in his post what-so-ever that he was a car enthusiast.  The only thing he did to even try and convince the reader he was a car enthusiast was say he owns an Olds 442.  I like muscle car's, but they are only good in a straight line 90% of the time.  Which is probably why a certain person here has both an Elky and a AH. ;)

Hell my truck isn't good for anything but roasting tires.  I have 17x10's on the back and 17x9 in the front.. still light em up in 3rd gear.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »
I have an '01 Merc Cougar...where do I fit in? "Domestic Ricer"?
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
I have an '01 Merc Cougar...where do I fit in? "Domestic Ricer"?

No.. you're an 01 Cougar owner.  Unless you bought a body kit, neon, and other assorted junk without any mind to performance.. then yes your a domestic ricer. :D

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 06:54:02 PM »
Point taken.. the man knows nothing about Honda Civic's.  I don't know anything about ejection seats either.  If I wrote an article talking about ejection seats like I knew everything when I obviously knew nothing it would probably bother you as well.

Agreed but I know alot of Car enthusiests who know ALOT about cars but absolutly hate the whole ricer fad and want to vomit when they hear a 4cyl engine hooked up to a trash can muffler.  I think the post wasnt about knowledge of civics but making fun of them....you don't have to know much about them to make fun of a screwed up car.

side note:  I happen to like honda civics.  They tend to last quite a while, hold resale value well, and are one of the best cars out their with decent fuel economy.

When you add the spoilers, trash can mufflers and the like they look dumb.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 06:57:06 PM »
And don't forget the decals..I hear they up your horsepower by 10% and lower your drag quite a bit too.

Only performance mods so far...and no never ever any neon.

Weapon-R Cold air intake
Flowmaster dual tip exhaust
Headers are next..but dang 500 bucks a set!

Some pics of it..rims are bvlack now though..same style.
http://www.cougardb.com/image.php?id=5232&raw=1

http://www.cougardb.com/image.php?id=5231&raw=1

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 08:37:36 PM »
I have a 1998 S10-Vette. Aka an S-10 with an LS1/t-56 combo from a C5 vette in my truck. I hit 13.3@110..

*Tee hee*  I bet it makes dramatic burnouts though.  How much does an S-10 weigh?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 10:24:32 PM »
I saw a video (think it was posted on this board) where a girl goes through a parking lot of a bunch of stupid guys with ricer cars trying to look cool.  When a nice american car comes into the parking lot next to them and does donuts...big sexy donuts with tons of smoke and you can actually hear bass in the engine (not some mosquito sound).

Dude in the american car screeches out of the adjacent parking lot.  All the ricer dudes are looking at him when the girl starts yelling, "Imports suck...imports suck....imports sucks"

Think the thread was titled "Good Girlfriend" or something like it.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 10:38:31 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
*Tee hee*  I bet it makes dramatic burnouts though.  How much does an S-10 weigh?

Actually with the LS1 it actually weighs 20 or 30 pounds less.  It's not a stock LS1 though.  Headers/exhaust/intake.  I think it might be cammed.  I didn't check when I rebuilt it.  It sounds pretty lobey.  It weighs in around 2900lbls.  I think they are just shy of 3000.  I didn't know they where this light, but they are pretty cheap ;) .

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 10:42:01 PM »
Originally posted by Drunky
I saw a video (think it was posted on this board) where a girl goes through a parking lot of a bunch of stupid guys with ricer cars trying to look cool.  When a nice american car comes into the parking lot next to them and does donuts...big sexy donuts with tons of smoke and you can actually hear bass in the engine (not some mosquito sound).

Dude in the american car screeches out of the adjacent parking lot.  All the ricer dudes are looking at him when the girl starts yelling, "Imports suck...imports suck....imports sucks"

Think the thread was titled "Good Girlfriend" or something like it.

yup that was a good video......Hellova Woman too!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 10:54:09 PM »
Weighs almost as much as my 'vette and I can't keep the back tires on the ground.  Considering going w/ an extra set of rims and mickey thompson drag radials.  a friend of mine does this on his chevelle says he has better luck.  Have you tried them?

I'm not surprised you lost some weight... LS1 aluminum block right?

I rebuilt my l98 block(just finishing actually although it will never pass emissions again) and  will probably see weight loss over the iron heads is originally had on it(very anemic 230 HP on stock motor)

I love the sound of a nice lumpy cam. Your s10  sounds like fun.

Did your s10 have that 4.3 in it?  That is a great motor, imho.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2005, 12:53:11 AM »
Actually it had the 2.2 with a 5 speed. I had to get a whole new drive train.  got 3:73's in the back.  The truck could prolly pull some 12.5's or so if I could hook up.  I get mid to low 13's consitantly on street tires though with 2.2 60's because no traction.  :mad:   I shoulda went with a 4L60E tranny, but I like rowing the gears too much. :D