Author Topic: goats and ricers  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »
Geary, I did a little more homework and found the AFS website where I can buy the wheels only. There are not many tires in that size for the rear... after doing a little research I'm leaning toward Eagle F1's.
I'm going to talk to AFS on Monday and see if they klnow what I should get as far as offsets.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
ASTAC,

Yea, you're a domestic ricer :)

I have a tall sitting height so I can't even fit into most cars that general size/shape.  

:rofl  no wonder why you drive eagles then sir! ;)

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2005, 06:29:31 PM »
PEOPLE LETS GET BACK TO THE GOATS.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2005, 09:13:14 PM »
The real question is how do we get that recessive gene into sheep?

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2005, 10:12:43 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
The real question is how do we get that recessive gene into sheep?

Really..I mean if they'd stop running, they'd be easier to seduce.

Wait...did I type that outloud?
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2005, 10:30:48 PM »
Sounds awesome Steve, those are some nice meats 4 sure.  Have you decided what finish you are going to go with for the wheels?  Please post up some pics of the car once its all back together and working!

Offline wklink

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
goats and ricers
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2005, 11:25:01 PM »
I tend to see a lot of this on post, most military bases have kids who have a little bit of money for the first time.

To each their own but if you put Pirelli's on a Jeep Wrangler (seen it) or  5K worth of ground effects on a Dodge Neon then you are an idiot IMHO.  Ground effects on a Civic just add weight.  I personally have never understood why kids put that much money into a car like that when they can get an Acura at around the same price.  Plus the Acura won't lose value if you tune it some.

Some of the add ons and upgrades to some of these cars are somewhat impressive.  Personally, I have always gone for understated.  I have a 65 Fairlane HiPo Sport's Coupe (not an original K code if anyone knows what that is, basically made mine one though) as well as an 85 RX7 GSL-SE.  In all honesty, the RX7 probably would take the Hipo in the 1/4 mile but after that it is all over.

I'm not sure what that makes me, a ricer wannabe or an old school guy.  I guess I am just a guy who likes cars.
The artist formerly known as Tom 'Wklink' Cofield

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
goats and ricers
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2005, 01:18:46 AM »
Geary, I'm gettin black.. I looked at them after you suggested them... really like them.  Have always had chrome.. time for a change.  I'll have it back together in about 6 weeks... I missed the best driving whether here with it in the shop already though :/
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve