Author Topic: DA and the MA  (Read 770 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 02:37:22 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I find I'm constantly using principles learned from countless duels over the years.  

-- Todd/Leviathn

Incase anyone missed it. ^there it is.

For example howitzer.

No one forces you to merge and do a 8-9 G reversal. Balls to the wall.

When I fight Levi or nomak for example they are never consistant in how they merges. Always changing things, speed, angle whatever...Alot of it comes from what he see's me doing. Almost all of it. Which makes them as good as theyis... They can read read a fight and predict things very well

The DA forces you to adapt and watch for certain things alot more than you would if you were JUST in the MA...Because if you dont you will just keep dying. It sharpens the reactions you have in the MA and adds a "second nature" mind set to almost all fights.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:47:17 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 02:40:58 PM »
It is odd though, that you'll find fights in the DA but most treat the MA as "more real".  The times I've been in there it has been a blessed relief to have a con stay engaged.  Whilst no where near the ability of some of these illustrious posters I have found the DA a great place to learn about your ride.

SA for me now in the MA is determining how long I've got left to fight this guy before his 3 countrymen jump in.  It used to be about who was fighting who.

On a side note, the number of times I've seen 5 guys on 1 con whilst 4 others are coming in at alt beggars belief - I mean, I let 'em know but they're like a bunch of kids with their hands stuck in the sweetie jar ... and you better believe it, the "thanks a bunch for no check 6" whines follow about 1 minute later.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 03:40:21 AM »
How does endless turnin-and-burnin in a plane I NEVER fly in MA help? Alas, the few planes I DO fly cant do squat against a co-alt spitV, which seems to be the official ride in DA...Either CT or H2H is more helpful
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 05:26:44 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
How does endless turnin-and-burnin in a plane I NEVER fly in MA help? Alas, the few planes I DO fly cant do squat against a co-alt spitV, which seems to be the official ride in DA...Either CT or H2H is more helpful

It helps for those times when you engage another non turning-and-burning plane in the MA , and rather than run away , he want's to fight.

The ACM for flying a SpitV is  no different to the ACM when flying any other plane. It can be applied to whatever plane you are flying .
I come from a land downunder

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 05:38:41 AM »
Originally posted by Nuke33
Right on Sik.. Hey I should send you a few screenies of the coral sea event.. I got a couple of really good ones.. Let me know your e-mail if you'd care to check them out..

Sik,
I have 3 bitmaps of us all in formation during Coral Sea, too.  Lemme know if you want 'em.  :)

tbolt@onpoi.net

TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 05:54:02 AM »
Howitzer - good post. I don't think some planes were natural angles fighters, which is what it seems to come down to in the DA. But what's this - you're saying the DA is full of SpitVs? Get away. I don't believe you! Don't they fly anything else in there?
I guess my question is: How exactly does learning this way translate into MA fighting?
It doesn't. It translates into gameplay whine threads like this one: http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149730 Or this one, from two years ago, which shows how little things have changed: http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95545 Notice anything about these threads, apart from complaints about folks not flying *their* way? psst - check the avatar of the thread starter

Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I find that I use the skills obtained in the DA all the time in the MA.  
Yeah? Does that include the time you flew in a lone Spit under a bunch of four cons? Teach you that in the DA, did they? Oh, well it was a SpitV I guess, so at least there was some common ground with the DA  :lol

Offline CPorky

• Copper Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 06:22:47 AM »
For starters, I'm  P38 flyer...

I'm done trying to manuver with any SpitVs; sadly, I'll rope em, make the real foolish ones over shoot, but I refuse to turn with them and play their game unless its at a very high AoA or a very high speed. Many of you are saying "thats what you should do!" but I hate to minimize my exposure to them, it makes me feel like a cowardly Fw190 pilot.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think the SpitV is a little overmodeled, either its weight or its boost is too low/high respectively. Looking at Innom's stat page, the SpitV actually has a better k/d ratio than the Spit9, and the Seafire and the Spit9 have exactly the same. Something just doesn't seem right to me...

Originally posted by bj229r
Alas, the few planes I DO fly cant do squat against a co-alt spitV

Offline CPorky

• Copper Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 06:25:55 AM »
Just to add on, I still want to learn and I'm willing to accept any smack down in the DA provided you explain what I'm doing wrong.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 07:05:31 AM »
no one says you have to fly or face a spitV in the DA.

The DA is a multi-purpose place where you usually go in with 1 (or more) other people to do...  whatever.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 07:33:09 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
[B
The ACM for flying a SpitV is  no different to the ACM when flying any other plane. It can be applied to whatever plane you are flying . [/B]

It can be but usually not nearly as well.  Moreso the ACMs you use in any other plane can usually be applied to the dwee.. errr I mean spitfire only better.

Fly a different and more difficult plane long enough to get to be pretty good at it then switch to a dwee.. I mean Spitfire and it becomes so easy you almost feel like your cheating.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 07:43:50 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
It can be but usually not nearly as well.  Moreso the ACMs you use in any other plane can usually be applied to the dwee.. errr I mean spitfire only better.

Fly a different and more difficult plane long enough to get to be pretty good at it then switch to a dwee.. I mean Spitfire and it becomes so easy you almost feel like your cheating.

think you missed the point, but anyway.

Flying a 109F I understand your bitterness about the Spitfire as It clearly runs rings around your chosen plane.

When I'm in the Hellcat , I often feel the same way about the niki, and to some extent the Ki-84.  I try not to whine about it in to every post I make on the BBS though,  because I figure , well it's my choice to fly the Hellcat , even though I know there's better planes around.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005, 08:18:10 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
think you missed the point, but anyway.

Flying a 109F I understand your bitterness about the Spitfire as It clearly runs rings around your chosen plane.

When I'm in the Hellcat , I often feel the same way about the niki, and to some extent the Ki-84.  I try not to whine about it in to every post I make on the BBS though,  because I figure , well it's my choice to fly the Hellcat , even though I know there's better planes around.

LMAO. not quite.

The only times I have problems against the almighty dweeb machine is when already good pilots are in them. Or when I get nailed with the HO shot which is something happening with more, and more frequency.

But those same already good pilots would give me a run for my money in pretty much any plane they fly.

In this tour to date I''ve killed

Seafire  4 times

Spit IX  13 times

Spit V  15 times

Total   32 kills of spits

While I've been killed by

Seafire   0  times

Spit IX    6   times

Spit V  12    times
Total  18 times killed by spits

Of those times killed by spits HOs make up..ohhh lets be conservative and say 5%

Hardly equates to Spits running rings around my 109 F

And certainly not "clearly" by any stretch of the imagination
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 08:25:50 AM »
In the WB RPS (week 1) the SpitV was matched against the 109F. The 109F ran rings - or more usually just ran. It outclassed the SpitV, that's for sure. I found the only way to get the 109s with the SpitV (given that no 109F would engage SpitV in a turnfight) was to climb high enough to be able to dive and match the 109F's speed. But in AH I always thought the Spits outclassed the 109 - especially with those 800yd shots we used to see in AH1.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 08:48:15 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
LMAO. not quite.

The only times I have problems against the almighty dweeb machine is when already good pilots are in them. Or when I get nailed with the HO shot which is something happening with more, and more frequency.

But those same already good pilots would give me a run for my money in pretty much any plane they fly.

In this tour to date I''ve killed

Seafire  4 times

Spit IX  13 times

Spit V  15 times

Total   32 kills of spits

While I've been killed by

Seafire   0  times

Spit IX    6   times

Spit V  12    times
Total  18 times killed by spits

Of those times killed by spits HOs make up..ohhh lets be conservative and say 5%

Hardly equates to Spits running rings around my 109 F

And certainly not "clearly" by any stretch of the imagination

Well I'll be buggered !, what do you know , it's the pilot sometimes isn't it , not always the plane   ;)

Now to get back on topic , my point was  - working on your ACM in the DA in ANY plane brings benefits to ANY other plane you might happen to fly in the MA.  And I've always believed that ppl are better off learning TnB first , then E-fighting second.

And no I don't don't necessrily subscribe to the theory that flying a difficult macho plane gives you some enormous benefit moving to other planes . Most people fly the dfficult macho planes like total dweebs , so they don't actually even need or bother  to learn any real ACM, but that's  whole nother argument.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
DA and the MA
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2005, 10:16:43 AM »
No matter which arena u chose to fly in,learning acm can translate to any of the a/c, with enough stick time.I find that my S.A. is improving from endless duels with numerous a/c and pilots.If you have good sa you'll stand a better chance of surviving any encounter against any pilot.

JB12