Author Topic: Bombing towns/bases/strat/anything  (Read 592 times)

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
Bombing towns/bases/strat/anything
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:30:10 PM »
There've been more than few times where I'm flying over a CAPped field in a loaded BF-110 and one of my countrymen asks "Can someone hit the barracks?"  I think to myself, "Yes!  I finally get to spray off these rockets and 30 mills, only to see a number of buildings, some of which don't want to go down no matter what I do.

Is there a map or something that would help me to identify which buildings in towns or on the bases or in the various other targets are, so I can more  readily help out my side in such a situation?

Thanks in advance for any help :aok

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:37:47 PM »
Right Click your Map...Open "Clipboard Maps" and  toggle to appropriate field...

PS...Why would you ever strat troops on a CAP'd field?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 06:48:12 PM »
Maybe I'm using the wrong lingo.  They asked someone to hit the barracks; though the message was in green so it could've come from anywhere.

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:53:34 PM »
I have a series of maps for everything from small fields to large fields ports, factories etc. They show positions of ground guns, barracks, hangars, and even the oh so poular and often bombed "indestructable building" (it is funny to see people straffing those, cause they don't blow up!). I do not have the site sadly; but a quick search of the BBS using "maps" as keyword found several of them in a matter of seconds. Excellent to have for quick reference.
Peace,
Pillur

Offline StrayDog

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 12:57:26 PM »
Archade,

The field maps are in your AH files.  Go to:C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\maps.

I keep printed copies to refer too.    If you have a good graphics program, you can filter them to B&W line drawing for clarity.

They can be very helpfull in deciding how to apprach your ground target with minimum exposure to ack.:p

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:37:41 PM »
Originally posted by Arcades057
Maybe I'm using the wrong lingo.  They asked someone to hit the barracks; though the message was in green so it could've come from anywhere.

If the text is purple, then it is your area text...not country.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 08:53:41 PM »
Originally posted by Karash
If the text is purple, then it is your area text...not country.
to be specific, purple text is "room"

while flying it is anyone who took off fromt he same base as you. you can fly to the other side of the map, but still see purple text from the people who took off where you did
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
to be specific, purple text is "room"

while flying it is anyone who took off fromt he same base as you. you can fly to the other side of the map, but still see purple text from the people who took off where you did

actually, purple is RANGE.  you have to be within' a certain range / distance for text/vox to be seen / heard.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 11:01:33 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
actually, purple is RANGE.  you have to be within' a certain range / distance for text/vox to be seen / heard.
not true

we can test it if you like, but i am positive of it.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 11:24:50 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
not true

we can test it if you like, but i am positive of it.

Now I gota test it.  Looking it up, the HELP page says

Channel 3 - The room channel allows players to broadcast to anyone in the room.  When in flight, everyone who takes off from the same field is in the room.  When not in flight, the room is the Tower.

so now I might be confused.  I can talk on range, type on range to anybody that's around me, not just guys that upped the same field.  I can up a diff, field, and fly to a fight, and everyone in that fight can see my purple text, if they upped with me or not.  OR so I thought.  I ALWAYS considered it as a "range" channel, and that is how it's ref. to by most.  

Hmmmm.....  need clarification on this.  I'll find out.  This might explain why some guys don't respond to my text, yet they can speak to me on range.  Hmmm.......
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 11:27:10 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 03:23:47 AM »
yup, the help file explains it perfectly

"range" text is base you took off from.....

"range" VOX is anyone within 6k regardless of base