Author Topic: just a gosht  (Read 1426 times)

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
just a gosht
« on: May 31, 2005, 09:37:34 AM »
;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:50:59 AM by IownU »

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:53:41 AM »
I'm sure you know why its implemented kilz, but for those who don't, its meant to encourage folks to switch sides to even out the teams.  Now I don't agree with GVs being counted as part of this deal because there just aren't enough of them to limit.  However, I don't have a problem with the fact a tiger couldn't be launched.  You should still be able to take out panzers and t34s, but a tiger is a perk ride and I think the limiting of such powerful hardware is the whole idea of this venture.  

I don't have any problem with the planes being limited either, but everyone should be able to take up an osti, m16, panzer, or m16.  Otherwise, your defense against a gv attack is far limited.

I understand your frustration though.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY not being done right
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 11:37:28 AM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
last night the Knights could not up tigers ostis A20s very limited to what we could up so if we can not up ostis tigers panzers then how are we supposed to defend our bases against tigers and panzers i dont think its right

As one who was flying Bish last night, I imagine it had a bit to do with the better then 2 to 1 advantage in numbers over the Bish and almost 2 to 1 numbers advantage over the Rooks the Knights had.

It was getting downright silly watching the horde steamroll the place.

It's the main reason I tend to go to whatever country has the lowest numbers to fly.  Don't need the ENY to nudge me.  It just doesn't seem real fair to have the numbers be that off.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
ENY not being done right
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:38:37 AM »
Come visit Rookland next time .. we'll show the scenery, our antic castles , and we'll even let ya visit the sheep pens ..(the stolen sheep pens ) that is.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »
Seems to be working OK if they are getting ENY'ed.
If anything the current limits is the only problem.
I.e. on average it seems that one country needs around a 50 player advantage before it starts, but when it does start it hits more severely.
I preferred the older way where it started earlier but with a more gradual restriction.
Think part of the problem is that the ENY value of the aircraft/GVs has not been changed since the ENY restrictions (except the Me163?). Maybe this should have been looked at in conjunction with the restrictions.
Seems strange that after all this time there has been no tweaking of ENY limits or values since the only tweak shortly after it was introduced.
Still more than possible to defend a base from GV's if you don't have Panzers, try an IL2, Hurri 2D, or use eggs, all work just as effectively.

As a Bish we rarely get ENY'ed anyway, and on the very rare occassions we do, it doesn't affect what I fly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:02:24 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:07:13 PM »
SIMPLE SOLUTION ,,STOP BEING A HOARDE MONGER,,,now heres a hankey,,,,get over it
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:04 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Seems to be working OK if they are getting ENY'ed.
If anything the current limits is the only problem.
I.e. on average it seems that one country needs around a 50 player advantage before it starts, but when it does start it hits more severely.
I preferred the older way where it started earlier but with a more gradual restriction.
Think part of the problem is that the ENY value of the aircraft/GVs has not been changed since the ENY restrictions (except the Me163?). Maybe this should have been looked at in conjunction with the restrictions.
Seems strange that after all this time there has been no tweaking of ENY limits or values since the only tweak shortly after it was introduced.
Still more than possible to defend a base from GV's if you don't have Panzers, try an IL2, Hurri 2D, or use eggs, all work just as effectively.

As a Bish we rarely get ENY'ed anyway, and on the very rare occassions we do, it doesn't affect what I fly.

I don't think it should affect the 163 as that plane can only be taken from one field so it is greatly limited anyway.  I think it should be used sparingly with respect to GVs as it can take out a whole aspect of the game depending on what the limit is.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 12:19:31 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
I don't think it should affect the 163 as that plane can only be taken from one field so it is greatly limited anyway.  I think it should be used sparingly with respect to GVs as it can take out a whole aspect of the game depending on what the limit is.

Thats why I said surprised that no ENY value adjustments have been done to aircraft or GVs (apart from the 163, or was it removed form them?) since the introduction of ENY limitations.

The idea is sound, I just think there's a little more could be done in respect to ENY values, and when and how the restrictions kick in.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »
I'm sure you know why its implemented kilz, but for those who don't, its meant to encourage folks to switch sides to even out the teams.

While it rarely affects me, I haven't seen much evidence that it has this affect. Those who will switch country to fly for the lower number (i.e. underdog) will probably do so without the ENY pushing them. Prior to joining a squad I would do this quite often. Those loyal to their country will remain so and up some other ride.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 12:28:06 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
While it rarely affects me, I haven't seen much evidence that it has this affect. Those who will switch country to fly for the lower number (i.e. underdog) will probably do so without the ENY pushing them. Prior to joining a squad I would do this quite often. Those loyal to their country will remain so and up some other ride.

That's something I've never understood, going back to AW days.  This notion of 'loyalty' to a country.  That somehow the other guys in the other country are different, bad, whatever just seems silly to me.  

The idea of evening the numbers and allowing for better fights seems like a much better thing to be loyal to.  Good folks and bad folks in all the countries.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 12:30:53 PM »
If you think back to when it was first introduced there were a lot of howls of protest.

So HT modified how it works, he made it kick in later, but the restriction curve was steeper.

Maybe somewhere in between would be a better balance, as I said I am surprised no further refinements have been done since that initial one way way back.

Yup the loyalty thing to a country has baffled me also. We have flown for all three depending on who was on average the underdog. Just happens to be that Bish are more than likely to be lowest numbers now, except on rare occassions.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:33:27 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »
Sorry Kev, I misunderstood you.

Clifra...  I agree with you totally, but I think what I said captured the intended spirit of it  =)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 01:15:34 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
That's something I've never understood, going back to AW days.  This notion of 'loyalty' to a country.  That somehow the other guys in the other country are different, bad, whatever just seems silly to me.  

The idea of evening the numbers and allowing for better fights seems like a much better thing to be loyal to.  Good folks and bad folks in all the countries.

Dan/CorkyJr

Yeah, not a big deal for me either.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 01:17:56 PM »

Clifra...  I agree with you totally, but I think what I said captured the intended spirit of it  =)

Which brings up the question, "what's the point of having it, if it's not doing what it's intended to?"

Not that I really care if it's there or not.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 01:29:27 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Which brings up the question, "what's the point of having it, if it's not doing what it's intended to?"

Not that I really care if it's there or not.

Perhaps that it gives the overwhelmed country a fighting chance?
Remembering it's a game and the essence of good gameplay is balance, whether that be numbers, or giving the lowest numbers side an advantage of some kind.

Looking at last night, if Panzers were unavailable there must have been one big numbers imbalance.
If you can't defend a base from GV's, without having Panzers with that numbers advantage, there's something wrong. You still have M8's, IL2's, Hurri 2D's, 110's, eggs, rockets etc.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo