Author Topic: Interesting (Ta-152)  (Read 1764 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 11:21:18 PM »
Its FM's gotten worse since AH1. It used to be possible to seriously tangle with Spit14s.  It was easy, with enough practice, to kill even N1Ks in the first part of co-E stall fights.
Even so, I think if it were unperked, it'd soon be reperked as enough players'd learn to exploit the very few but effective good qualities enough to put it on par with the Chog.
Which'd effectively lower its perk price.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:24:59 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 12:02:52 AM »
2 words:  Tru Dat.

Well, I guess those aren't really words.  However, I think that the only justification for using perks on 152s anymore are for the high-alt "fun police" buffs that are out to milk run an allready overrun base to hit the FHs.

Unperk it!  Give the "fun police" a run for thier money!

There has to be some incentive for climbing as high as it takes to put the "kurt tank special" in its proper domain.  :aok

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »
It climbs much slower than the Fw190D-9, roll rate is about half that of the D-9, and general speed between 0~25,000ft is all slower than the D-9 too. Despite the significantly larger wing area, it only turns just a little bit better than the D-9. It is also prone to fall under an almost unrecoverable flat spin when it goes vertical upto under 100mph. (the "Falling Cruciform" stall)

Last night I forced dedalos to go to the DA with me and do some flying... The TA152 vs the D9. I got much of it on film. I was very impressed with the D9s ability to control the fight. Even when VERY slow, around or below 200mph, the D9 could literally disengage in a shallow climb and regain an advantage... One of both alt and or speed. If the D9 isnt carful, and if he turns too much with the Ta, chances are the Ta will win.

We kept mostly to turn fighting. Altho we both did used tactics in concerving or gaining energy back many times during the fights. When I would fly the Ta I would win the majority of the  fights. If not all. When Dedalos was in the Ta, he was clearly out turning me. I had to bring him into a stall and use the D9's better climb, roll rate and better low speed stall characteristics to keep in the fight.

Basicly, the D9 will be in control in a fight with a Ta down low like that. And as Kweassa stated, the Ta will go into an unrecoverable stall and literaly fall out of the sky if pushed too far. It just climbs better, rolls better, and over all is a much better plane suited for fighting at those alts.

Now. If a D9 can control a turn fight, and out accelerate a Ta down low like that... 90% of the planes in the set will have no trouble with a Ta on the deck or at medium altitude.

Even tho the Ta152 was a rare bird... I dsagree with those of you who say it should be perked because of that. Just because it was a rare bird and held its own in real life, at extreemly high altitudes, doesnt mean it will have a huge effect on the MA where the majority of the fights are. It is really no better than a Spit9 until it gets above the stratosphere. It does have better guns, and a better dive than most planes. But that doesnt constitute perking it. Not from my perspective.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 12:14:20 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Last night I forced dedalos to go to the DA with me and do some flying...

Yeah, he was flying.  I was playing the part of the moving exploding target :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 12:25:14 PM »
Last night I ....
was basically "acused" but not really of cheating in the TA 152

"NO WAY a 152 out turns my spit on the deck"

muhahahahaha was in the canyons by A27 / A46 against a spitV down in the trees. i literally thought i'd clip a wing i was so low and slow, full flaps about 110 mph LOL

; ) made me feel good for just a second LOL
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 12:27:34 PM »
Even tho the Ta152 was a rare bird... I dsagree with those of you who say it should be perked because of that. Just because it was a rare bird and held its own in real life, at extreemly high altitudes, doesnt mean it will have a huge effect on the MA where the majority of the fights are. It is really no better than a Spit9 until it gets above the stratosphere. It does have better guns, and a better dive than most planes. But that doesnt constitute perking it. Not from my perspective.

Agree.
Only about 368 3 cannon LA-7s were built and it is not perked. So why TA-152?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 12:32:25 PM »
I'd like to see the short-span heavier 152C-0. It was the precursor to the 152H, and had 2 extra cowl-mounted MG151/20s. That's 4x MG151/20s and a 30mm through the hub! Slower, heaviers, I don't care! I'd fly THAT any time!!!!

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 01:29:35 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I'd like to see the short-span heavier 152C-0. It was the precursor to the 152H, and had 2 extra cowl-mounted MG151/20s. That's 4x MG151/20s and a 30mm through the hub! Slower, heaviers, I don't care! I'd fly THAT any time!!!!

taka a A8...

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 05:23:42 PM »
Just un perk it for a tour 'n see how it goes.

Im not even a luftweenie. But Id fly it more just because its a cool looking plane.

Its just not a "Perk Plane" as far as the MA goes.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »
HTC should model and perk a D-12/13 Dora , or a Fw 190 A9 those would be  very perkable indeed, then again there were a couple of hundred built of the latter negating its perkability.

But the Ta-152 in AH 1 or 2 is and was a puss, y, cat as far as performance is concerned, I do not understand how it would upset the MA balance.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 10:56:40 PM »
Down where the fights are, all the 152 is good for is slowing down really fast, scissoring, and blasting people with taters while they overshoot. The trouble is, the G10 is soooooooo much better for that. It slows down faster, is easier to aim taters in (my opinion), and is a MUCH smaller target. But almost noone gives up speed willingly in "fast" planes to go for kills on overshoots (the only people who do are probably in the top 1-2% of the population or so), so I guess my point is moot. Speaking of moot, he's really good in a 152. Ask him what he thinks.
Army of Muppets

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 12:29:31 AM »
Thanks for the info panman. Good stuff.

I am aware that they Ta152 was produced in low numbers. But that begs the question. Does that simple fact make it a perk plane?

I don't think #'s alone determine perkability.  If that were the case, the C205 would be perked!

But agreed, unperk it and see what happens...can't hurt...

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 07:07:10 AM »
Originally posted by XrightyX
I don't think #'s alone determine perkability.  If that were the case, the C205 would be perked!

But agreed, unperk it and see what happens...can't hurt...

The C205 would be perked, and he C-Hog wouldn't. I think MA unbalance is the real reason things get perked in this game, and I agree that Tank's Toy doesn't qualify.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 08:32:06 AM »
Shouldn't you be able to knife fight in it better than the Dora? Take 50% or less fuel, burn off the wing tanks first whichever gets it lighter. Where's Wilbus?     mauser

Mauser is right. It turns quite a bit better then the Dora, specially when used with 50% fuel (which still gives it a very long flight time). Burning off wings tanks first will make it roll a bit better and make the wings less prone to braking off (in my experience atleast, could just be imagination). Dora rolls a bit better yes butthe Tank has got it beat in terms of turning radius.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Interesting (Ta-152)
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 01:09:31 AM »
Wilbuz, the Ta152 has changed a bits since AH1. Burning off fuel tanks first, is EXTREMELY unadvisable in the fact that heavy aft tanks have a much more impact on stability, than it used to in AH1.