Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11739 times)

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2005, 01:20:05 PM »
Originally posted by culero
mi dos centavos:

1) active game subscribers only (rationale: its a club, clubs ain't public)

2) require clicking "accept" on a disclaimer (rationale: company asks clicker to disculp them from whatever happens next, avoids liability)

3) no moderation (allow a community to be a community)

culero

Can we vote in Culero as moderator !

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2005, 01:34:46 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Seconded. Spot on.

Slap, thanks... but I'm a sinner too. I can recall calling two folks idiots and it happened in the last 8 weeks or so. I hate "ad hominen" and yet I'm guilty. I should have just quietly put them on ignore but the ego triumphed (once again) and I'm as guilty as the next guy.

Always something to work on. ;)

Toad, at least one of this two folks isn't offended at all. I pity people who take this issues seriously.

My invitation to drink something if you'll be somewhere around European Russia or Ukraine is valid at least until i'll get my cirrhosis ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #347 on: June 15, 2005, 01:40:51 PM »
LOL! If you make it to the US again, look me up... we'll barbecue some brisket and ribs!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #348 on: June 15, 2005, 01:51:54 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
It seems to work for Dubya. He won't let anyone but loyal party members attend his "Town Meetings".

The Dems do the same thing :p
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
O'club
« Reply #349 on: June 15, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »
C'mon guys, let's keep this on topic.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #350 on: June 15, 2005, 02:22:02 PM »
The idea that only paying members in the OC would keep it civil is just stupid.  How civil is ch200?  Those are all paying customers.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
O'club
« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
you are probably one of the reasons it's closed.

I think HTC should open a sissy'Club for such people.

Pot to kettle, come in kettle.

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2005, 02:36:27 PM »
The guys who want to limit access to the board do not seem to understand the value of a BBS to the game.

The more people on the BBS the more interesting a place it is. The more interesting a place it is the more new people check it out.

There are many dead discussion groups on the internet. Just go to newsgroups and type in the names of many games and flight sims from the past. Most of the NG are dead, as are most of the games and flight sims.

Once a game and its BBS stops attracting new people around the community is in decline. And once in decline it begins to die.

A vibrant online communtiy that has interesting discussions is a big part of any online game.

You need an off topic forum or the other forums get wrecked with discussions that have nothing to do with the forum's topic.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2005, 02:40:07 PM »
For once I agree fully with Habu.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
O'club
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2005, 02:48:17 PM »
:(  sniff sniff ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2005, 02:51:06 PM »
Agree with Habu.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
O'club
« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2005, 03:05:17 PM »
I also agree with Habu.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2005, 03:15:16 PM »
Disagree with Habu.

If you think that the suspension or removal of the OC will start the demise of AH and HTC ... I have got a bridge for sale in NYC for ya ... real cheap.

For some reason, you guys think that the whole of HTC and AH revolved around the existence of the OC and that it generated interest and income ... hardly.

I guess those that see it that way, really never looked or participated in the other forums that are available on this BBS. They are just as active as the OC ever was ... sans the massive eye poking and prodding.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2005, 03:18:41 PM »
Havent played the game in years but the O'club was my homepage.  I kept up to date on the game and every now and then think of coming back.  No reason for me to come to the site now and stay up to date on the game.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
O'club
« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
Originally posted by Dnil
Havent played the game in years but the O'club was my homepage.  I kept up to date on the game and every now and then think of coming back.  No reason for me to come to the site now and stay up to date on the game.

Sorry but wasn't the O'Club by definition an off topic board? If you truly wanted to keep up with the game itself wouldn't the other boards really be the place for that?

DaPup