Author Topic: O'club  (Read 11735 times)

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2005, 03:05:29 AM »
People Who PAY..Get to go into O club

Why do we allow outsiders into the O club?..

This O club is on BASE...You have to be a member to Be ON BASE......unless your on ur 2 week Bootcamp

How many losers who dont play this game ruin the O club?

If a member gets in trouble....He Shows up in a diffent color in thh MA..and we hunt his dirty carcuss down

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
O'club
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2005, 03:17:49 AM »
Nice post earlier nash,

Now that's what I call a moderators CV, now go wipe that brown off your nose

wipass

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2005, 04:12:21 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
The ideal solution would be make the O'C liberals moderators. Nobody likes us anyway and we already know what's best for you. :aok

Now that would be funny!!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2005, 04:25:25 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
The ideal solution would be make the O'C liberals moderators. Nobody likes us anyway and we already know what's best for you. :aok

brilliant :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
O'club
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2005, 04:28:03 AM »
It's pretty simple.
HTC are running a business, not a friend's locals-only tavern with nothing but regulars where in-jokes are no risk.

the best interest of this game and company
but... at a con HT and I were talking and he told me that I was allways "skirting the edge" making the hyper sensitive "guys" cry... that sort of thing.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2005, 04:54:44 AM »
This happens quite often on other forums. I remember something similar on PPRuNe where the Jetblast forum was pulled several times. It came back with the strict proviso that religions and politics were banned. Which I suspect is where most of the trouble comes from. That's eased up a bit now but they swoop in anytime someone gets out of hand.

Maybe that's it.  Ban religion and politics?

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2005, 06:38:11 AM »
Originally posted by joowenn
hello my name is joowen and I am an alcoholic.

hello, my name is nuke and i really am an alchoholic.

:cool:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2005, 06:39:39 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
We should become an anarcho-syndicalist commune and take it in turns to act as a sort of moderator for the week.

you are being repressed dennis.

:)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2005, 07:03:56 AM »
Originally posted by cpxxx
This happens quite often on other forums. I remember something similar on PPRuNe where the Jetblast forum was pulled several times. It came back with the strict proviso that religions and politics were banned. Which I suspect is where most of the trouble comes from. That's eased up a bit now but they swoop in anytime someone gets out of hand.

Maybe that's it.  Ban religion and politics?

Would we be required to goose step into the forum and immediately assume the "hile" position before posting?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2005, 07:16:43 AM »
I stand by my sugggestion.

make the o'club "invisible" to non members like the squad forums are. you have to seek it out activly (all welcome ofcourse) and you can have a few "squad" mods that can boot offenders.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
O'club
« Reply #310 on: June 15, 2005, 07:48:33 AM »
Ok.. my take...

I liked it just the way it was.  I didn't see anything wrong with it at all.  The language was filtered and so were the pictures and that was probly a good thing..

there were some really bright boys posting to the oclub.  Some of em didn't even agree with me.

Anyone who was wound too tight... a psycopath or a liar or self promoter was generally slapped down hard anyway (unlike the general discussion which is protected preserve for the lame and the braggarts and bizzare)

If the oclub comes back as lame as the general discussion board there will be no point... it would gag most of the guys with any brains or sense of humor.

In short... If it is moderated much more than it was...  don't bother to bring it back for my sake.

lazs

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #311 on: June 15, 2005, 07:55:09 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Anyone who was wound too tight... a psycopath or a liar or self promoter

so . . . that leaves how many?

hap

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2005, 08:00:47 AM »
Hold on Hap. The numbers are being tallied up as we speak....................in Florida. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
O'club
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2005, 08:03:49 AM »
Let's put this in perspective...  Seagoon thinks it might have been him that closed it down or at least that he got banned..  

It is perhaps the most pertenent thing of this whole thread to note that he enjoyed reading the posts and was never offended....

We are talking about a preacher here who is one of the most level headed and kind people I have ever seen post and never uttered a mean word...  And even he doesn't know what was acceptable.

weazel didn't "joke" he went of on pure hissy fits of rage and self destructed.

AKwolfie didn't like the competition and nobody appreciated him there so... the BB was crap.

nash wan't it to stick to flight sim subjects.... yeah... nobody ever gets worked up or angry or mean over that stuff right?

There was nothing wrong with the BB unless it was a legal thing...  Anything you do to "fix" it would kill it... it would be as bland and boring as the general discussion.  If the BB never offended a preacher then what kinda self doubting, fragile wussies were doing the complaining?

lazs

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2005, 08:08:36 AM »
on behalf of all those who cannot find the words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python_and_the_Holy_Grail#Quotes

drat.  i probably wonked that up.

hap