Author Topic: Fed Up  (Read 723 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Fed Up
« on: June 29, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »
today, the knights worked for 3 soild hours trying to take 41. we eventually got it, and then, some little dork sitting in an m3 hidden away just moved in as soon as we got it. the town doesnt even respawn!!!! we get flak back up, but the little gheys can still just sit around like knobs and wait till we all work so hard, and then sit there with some gay little grin on their face as they let troops out. its really driving me nuts. no, this isnt an isolated incident, it happens all the time, by all sides. its just lame and gay, and robbing good guys of the prize after hours of hard work.:mad:

could a system please be set up so that either the town buildings come up after a base is taken, or that troops are inaffective at a map room for ten mins after a drop. we litterally rolled troops, took the base, and within 2 mins it was bish again. a system to prevent immediate takebacks would be a godsend, ty in advance:aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Fed Up
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
Got flack vest? put it on fast :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fed Up
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 03:49:34 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
today, the knights worked for 3 soild hours trying to take 41. we eventually got it, and then, some little dork sitting in an m3 hidden away just moved in as soon as we got it. the town doesnt even respawn!!!! we get flak back up, but the little gheys can still just sit around like knobs and wait till we all work so hard, and then sit there with some gay little grin on their face as they let troops out. its really driving me nuts. no, this isnt an isolated incident, it happens all the time, by all sides. its just lame and gay, and robbing good guys of the prize after hours of hard work.:mad:

could a system please be set up so that either the town buildings come up after a base is taken, or that troops are inaffective at a map room for ten mins after a drop. we litterally rolled troops, took the base, and within 2 mins it was bish again. a system to prevent immediate takebacks would be a godsend, ty in advance:aok

Your kidding right ?!?!?

Thats the oldest trick in the book and you guys fell for it.

Ya didn't check the area ... ya didn't take out troops that could have spawned there ... and your pissed at the "ghey little dork" in the M3. I think you need to re-evaluate the situation.

its really driving me nuts

I have to agree. Anybody that could get as worked up as you are over an instant re-capture and then come cryin' on the board in that manner that you presented ... you gotta be nuts. You need to take a break and get some sun or a stiff drink or a piece of "you know what".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Fed Up
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 03:54:55 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Your kidding right ?!?!?

Thats the oldest trick in the book and you guys fell for it.

Ya didn't check the area ... ya didn't take out troops that could have spawned there ... and your pissed at the "ghey little dork" in the M3. I think you need to re-evaluate the situation.

its really driving me nuts

I have to agree. Anybody that could get as worked up as you are over an instant re-capture and then come cryin' on the board in that manner that you presented ... you gotta be nuts. You need to take a break and get some sun or a stiff drink or a piece of "you know what".

hey, i aint crying, im pissed that some guys are such boring losers that theyll sit around in an m3 for 3 hours. and yes, of course we checked the area, we had 50 dang people there :)

listen, i dont mean this to be a whine, and i know it looks like it (oops), but this is a serious request for something to stop the dorks. like i said, just have the town come back. why should we do all the work?

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Fed Up
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 03:56:59 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Got flack vest? put it on fast :lol

yeah, why is it that people always just flame instead of listen. oh well :lol

i mean, how many times has that happened to you slapshot, and your telling me that you like that???

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Fed Up
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 03:58:57 PM »
wait, i just got it. slapshot mustve been the dork m3 driver :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Fed Up
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 04:01:06 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again. When you want to take a field, one of the first things that needs to happen is GET THE VH DOWN AND KEEP IT DOWN!

I can't tell you how many times I have shown up at field with everyone calling for troops because the town is down, while GVs are charging out of the VH like angry ants.

Add to that, buy yourself some insurance and pork any VH's that are within spawning distance of the field you are trying to take.

Don't blame the M3 driver for your mistakes. He shouldn't have been there because you should have killed him and removed his ability to spawn.

If I knew who that M3 driver was I would find a way to buy him/her a beer. He/She earned it.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Fed Up
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 04:07:48 PM »
Poo, how could you have checked the area and not seen this guy? He had an Icon you now. If you get low enough and PATROL the area someone will see his icon.

Looks to me like you got lax and got taken. Learn from it and don't let it happen again.

Also, when he release his troops why did you not kill them? Or had you moved on to your next target?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Fed Up
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 04:15:48 PM »

i mean, how many times has that happened to you slapshot, and your telling me that you like that???

I think you may be just fishing, but if you are  not and you are serious about this, well, you earned the flaming (I'll bring some more gas).  Actually, they have been preety nice to you so far.

Here, use this:

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Fed Up
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 04:17:55 PM »

Yup ... when I was with the MAW it happened to us a few times ... those blasted AKs !!!

Yup ... I have done it too ... to those blasted AKs.

It's all part of the "game" ... get it ... "game".

50 guys and not one saw the M3 ... shame on you ... WTFG for him.

No ... it wasn't me ... in another life ... many moons ago it might have been me ... but not any more.

I can't stand in line for more than 5 minutes for anything ... nevermind 3 hours ... I don't have the patience.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Fed Up
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »
Securing the town area after capture, and then protecting the town until it regenerates..

This is a very basic and standard procedure after field capture.

Face it Poo. You guys neglected the basics, and paid for it, and rightfully so.

It serves you right.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Fed Up
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 04:34:57 PM »
hey, i aint crying, im pissed that some guys are such boring losers that theyll sit around in an m3 for 3 hours. and yes, of course we checked the area, we had 50 dang people there :)

listen, i dont mean this to be a whine, and i know it looks like it (oops), but this is a serious request for something to stop the dorks. like i said, just have the town come back. why should we do all the work?

Guy on the otherside deserves a medal:aok

BTW....

If you had "50 guys"...I'd think someone would cap the maproom till the town respawned:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Novel concept
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 04:46:46 PM »
DEFEND THE BASE AFTER YOU TAKE IT!

Tadaaaaaaaaa.

Any plane with .303's can kill an M3.  You blew it by not anticipating that old trick.   Not to mention your newly captured base was flashing....  Wake up and smell the diesel fumes.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Fed Up
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 04:56:51 PM »
You guys kill me:lol :rofl

The country that captured has to defend the map room right after a capture {most of the time} if not, this is what can happen & it did.  (old trick, but it works)

You should have grabbed a tank, ostie or flew cap for a bit,  or at least until it stopped flashing. You know how many times the LTAR crew sit's in a recently captured city?  Give ya a couple guess's;)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Fed Up
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 05:11:04 PM »
lol ok ok ok lol:lol
im beat

u know, i just got annoyed. i mean, it is annoying isnt it :)

yeah i got told :rofl
alright guys, im off too bed. night all

lol, i cant stop laughing :)