Author Topic: brut power is not always the best answer.  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
brut power is not always the best answer.
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2001, 03:12:00 PM »
Kweasa,

<<<Any sort of threat to "America", whether is is of most base terrorism, or just a small country wanting independence etc etc.. its met with brute force.>>>

Name one country.

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
Kweassa, the fools want a holy war, let the Americans give em one.  I was sickened yesterday by what I saw, did you see the aircraft fly into that building, do you realise just before impact there was a little 2 year old girl in one of those airplanes?  Americans need blood, I personally here in Australia, would gratefully enlist for the opportunity to spill some of theirs.  That little girl needs to be avenged and so do the rest of the people whoes lives were stolen from them yesterday.  F@ck the experts, the bleeding heart so-called educated minority, their opinions mean nothing, I think the majority of the world wants blood which is a normal and healthy human reaction.  Lets find those responsible and spill it.

And the china - KKK example directly parrallels what is ocurring in real life.  If indeed Osama Bin Lardass is responsible, then so is the Taliban who are protecting him and more than likely providing assistance, they drew first blood, time for America to drink its fill.

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2001, 07:02:00 PM »
Your right thou in some respects Kweassa, America is not perfect, some of their policies / agenda's are outrageous (using small third world country's to test weapons, drug trading in El Salvador etc) but these things are not done by or even sanctioned by the public, most respects congress and the public are hidden from these things.  The attack yesterday was timed and planned to cause the most number of civilian casualties as well as to hit at the heart of the economic and military power in the US.  The killing of civilians can never be excused or justified.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy:
WlfGng... example and dates?

What the hell happened to the guys who bombed USS Cole, embassies, bases in the last couple of years?
 A couple of trigger-men were apprehended. No one responcible was even mentioned.

miko

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
It was not just the U.S.A that lost people although we lost the most.Canada,Mexico,England,Italy,France,Germany,Japan,Australia and S.Korea lost people in this vicious attack too.The terrorists will go anywhere to kill innocent people even if they die doing it.We need a dedicated International force to seek out and eliminate terrorists where ever they are.They should have border crossing permission from every civilized country in the world.All countries that want to harbor the terrorists should be notified that the forces will go anyway and efforts to stop it will be dealt with.The rules of engagement should be,bring them back,dead or alive.The terrorists are not playing patty cake and have no rules or regard for human life and we have far too many that hamper us.This will not make it go away but make the price so high that some of them may have second thoughts.You can not deal in a civilized manner with mad animals.You have to eliminate them.Far too many innocent men,women and children have died in the last twenty years to let this go on any longer.

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2001, 09:47:00 PM »
Bozon, I HIGHLY disagree with your statement that to way to beat terrorism is to essentially do nothing.  Sorry but your country is not like that and I can guarentee you that the USA is not like that.  We are all going to war and it's going to get ugly before it gets better.  We all need to deal with it.  There will be colateral damage, but that is an unfortunate side effect of war.  If it is proven that a country harbors a terrorist or his group, or gives them help in anyway they are going to feel the wrath of the US.  Right now Americans are glad to hear the kind words of support for us during this attack, but I belive those same countries will run for cover and denounce us once we start shooting.  And be certain we will start shooting, and with a big gun.  The world can suck it up and come with us after these sub-human bastards or they can watch from the sidelines.  At this point the majority of Americans really don't care.  We are use to bailing out countries after they get whipped, and having them do nothing but mock us for it.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2001, 09:50:00 PM »
Sometimes... sometimes brute force IS the answer.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying:
Sometimes... sometimes brute force IS the answer.

-- Todd/DMF

We are in a horrible, completely unenviable position now.  In order to fight this war, because of the nature of our targets, civilians (innocents) are going to die.

The US military is (I believe) the smartest and best war-fighting machine in the world.  I'm willing to bet that over the next few days, weeks, years a HELL of a lot of force is going to be used, but it will be deliberate and judicious force, not "brute".  

I hope to God that our intelligence organizations and allies pull this off with the least amount of needless bloodshed possible.  Eventhough this is a new kind of warfare, war has always been nasty and brutal.

Good luck to the US armed forces and its allies.  Praying for ya.

Ely

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
Jase - part of the reason America and the rest of the world is so shocked by the event just past is because up until now people thought like you do.  The US is impervious, untouchable, the best.  That kind of thinking got your fellow countrymen killed last week.  The US is as vulnerable if not more so, due to the the reason already stated, as other countries of similiar development around the world.  You will win because you have the backing and support of the majority of the most powerful countries in the world.  Not because you are the most powerful country in the world.  Afganistan is a hard nut to crack, as was Vietnam, Korea, and Japan.

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
BTW it won't be "collataral damage", it'll be dead innocent civilians, dead Americans, Britons, Australians and others and dead Afghans.  Dead People not "collateral damage".  If ya gonna kill people, admit it, don't mince words.  Don't get me wrong thou, I support the coming conflict.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »
I got two words for you kweassa....diddly off!!

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
Never have I said, nor thought that the US was impervious or untouchable.  Not sure where you got that from.  I have felt exactly the opposite for a long time, that we as a country have been way to weak with these terrorist scum.  The core of everything I have said is this:
1.)  Americans will push back, big time when pushed to far.
2.)  Americans are pissed right now...just watch the news
3.)  and Lastly, Although we would like the rest of the world to participate in defending freedom in the upcoming war, we are under no illusions that most countries of the world will not.  For whatever reason they don't have the stomach for it.  There are a few countries that have stood by us over time...Canada, England...and several others (no disrespect to those I have not mentioned).  But the fact is if you look at history MANY countries where just fine with sitting on the sidelines against Germany/Japan/Italy.  That or either they just got plain stomped by them.  These same countries we have saved over and over again have made a national passtime out of anti-American sentiment over recent years.  Like I said before, these countries can get on board or get the hell out of the way.

p.s.  Yesterday England played our national anthem at the changing of their guard.  It was very moving.  Salute to our brothers and sisters there, and thanks.

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Jase ]

Offline oki

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.hillbilly.com
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
Kweassa, plz go back to your 'first' home you leech.  Now I remember one of the biggest reasons I renounced my French citizenship to become an American, 98.9% of the population of France think like Frenchy.
As for the Tianimen square hypothetical nuclear bombing, yes Frenchy I would expect China to plop a few nukes onto American interests or the country itself, especially since in that situation we were stupid enough to let a terrorist org operate within our borders. Bush is declaring war on ALL terrorists, this can be historic not only for the USA but everyother country that wishes to join in the coming coalition, imagine terrorists operating in the USA or ANY other country now not having the backing or facilities to train and operate out of.  Bozon, maybe your wussified country has taken to many blows that it has forgotten how to fight since obviously your analysis makes it apparent your are boxer punch drunk.

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: oki ]