Author Topic: Comparing Islam to Christianity  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Comparing Islam to Christianity
« on: July 13, 2005, 02:00:17 AM »
See rule #5
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 03:32:37 AM by MP5 »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:12:32 AM »
I'd say its pretty much an even match.

Check Nigeria and Indonesia they seem to attack each other very regularly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 03:15:43 AM by Raider179 »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 12:25:01 PM »
A Muslim man has been beaten to death outside a corner shop by a gang of youths who shouted anti-Islamic abuse at him, the Guardian has learned.
Kamal Raza Butt, 48, from Pakistan, was visiting Britain to see friends and family. On Sunday afternoon he went to a shop in Nottingham to buy cigarettes and was first called "Taliban" by the youths and then set upon.

Nottinghamshire police described the incident as racially aggravated, not as Islamophobic, angering Muslim groups and surprising some senior officers

from the guardian or drudge.

goes both ways my friend. Religion seems to just give some people a justification to murder. Its really a shame.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 12:56:04 PM »
Sebernica. Christians slaughtered THOUSANDS of muslims under UN protection.

Religious intolerance kills millions. This planets greatest evil, period.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 01:06:30 PM »
"Religious intolerance kills millions."

Religion is like a lot like alcohol.   IMO it's not intolerance that's the killer. It's the over indulging in it that is.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 01:10:24 PM »
religious or otherwise..."ignorance kills millions"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 01:20:09 PM »
mp5 you could have at least left the link in.  You went overboard in my opinion.  My comments were not in violation of rule no. 5
====

I personaly condemn the killing of any human being for any reason other than immediate and direct seff defense.  

I have a question:  Were those young men yelling Christian taunts at the man being beaten to death?  Did they kill that man in the name of Christ?  Where those murderers even believers in Christ?

What makes some of you so quick to judge this as a religious execution?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 01:22:46 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »
Yeag, all I had to go on was the thread title.

Kinda hard to come to a diffrent conclusion, given that.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 01:30:45 PM »
The link was to a news piece about the Van Gogh murderer
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 01:54:59 PM by Yeager »

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »
Sorry Guys, sometimes I just have to step back and say WHAT A LOAD OF UTTER BUNK!

Please, I beg you to tell me what fundamentalist, evangelical, Christian - you know the kind of deranged protestant like myself who believes every word of the bible and that Christ alone saves - would even consider doing something like this in the name of Christ?:

Bomber kills Iraqi children

By Qassim Abdul-Zahra
ASSOCIATED PRESS
July 14, 2005

BAGHDAD -- Tiny plastic sandals, some tattered and stained with blood, lay in a pile near a child's crushed bicycle. Mothers wailed and beat themselves after a suicide bomber killed 18 children and teenagers getting candy and toys from American soldiers.
    One of the soldiers was among the up to 27 people killed in the blast yesterday in an impoverished Shi'ite Muslim neighborhood. At least 70 persons, including a newborn and three U.S. soldiers, were wounded.
    Terrified parents who heard the explosion raced from their homes to the discover the worst -- children's mangled, bloodied bodies strewn on the street.
    Twelve of the dead were 13 or younger, and six were 14 to 17, said police Lt. Mohammed Jassim Jabr. Among the wounded was 4-day-old Miriam Jabber, cut slightly by flying glass and debris.
    "There were some American troops blocking the highway when a U.S. Humvee came near a gathering of children," said Karim Shukir, 42. The troops began handing out candy and smiley-face key chains.
    "Suddenly, a speeding car bomb ... struck both the Humvee and the children," Mr. Shukir said.
    An elderly woman dressed in black beat her chest in front of her house. Others meandered about in the broiling heat, seeming dazed.
    The slaughter of so many Shi'ite children is likely to intensify tensions between the majority Shi'ites -- who dominate the government -- and the minority Sunni Arabs, the foundation of the insurgency.
    At Kindi hospital, where many victims were taken, a distraught mother swathed in black sat cross-legged outside the operating room. "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader," she cried, referring to the insurgents as she pounded her head with her fists in grief.
    "The car bomber made a deliberate decision to attack one of our vehicles as the soldiers were engaged in a peaceful operation with Iraqi citizens," said Maj. Russ Goemaere, a spokesman for Task Force Baghdad.
    "The terrorist undoubtedly saw the children," Maj. Goemaere said, calling the attack "absolutely abhorrent."
    After the bombing, charred remains of an engine block wrapped in barbed wire sat on the road. U.S. and Iraqi troops broadcast messages by loudspeakers in Arabic, warning civilians not to approach military vehicles.
    In Washington, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the bombing showed that insurgents "have no regard for innocent, human life, whether it's men, women or children."
    In September, 35 Iraqi children were killed as bombs exploded while U.S. troops handed out candy at a government-sponsored celebration to inaugurate a Baghdad sewage plant. It marked the largest death toll of children in an insurgent attack since the Iraq conflict began.
    Later yesterday, about 200 people turned out for the funeral of five victims, in keeping with the Muslim tradition of burying the dead quickly. The crowd shouted "Allahu akbar" -- "God is great" -- and some fired weapons in the air.
    In another attack in Baghdad yesterday, a roadside bomb exploded near an American patrol, killing a 7-year-old and seriously wounding a woman, police said.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 11:54:21 AM »
Seagoon if you really believe that because one see himself as a christian he can't commit atrocities, you're really brainwashed.

Easy examples are crusades and inquisition: they followed the bible (which hasn't been rewritten since btw), saw themselves as true christians and thought that they were accomplishing god's will.

Modern example? IRA maybe?

My point is: those people were and are not what christianity is about. Just like A-Q terrorists are not what Islam is about. Even if they yell Allah from the bottom of their lungs when they blow themselves up.

Edited for nuance and typos
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 11:57:27 AM by deSelys »
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 12:01:36 PM »
Seagoon,

So it's a Muslim thing huh?  Muslim bad, Christianity good?

That's a load of BS and I would hope that you would be able to differentiate between a Faith and a group of murders that are using the Faith as a sheild for their crimes.

If you say the muslim religion is represented by these  murderers, than Christianity should also be viewed by how the murders that have used it's name to justify their crimes as well.

That's a pretty lame crack you are taking at the Muslim religion.  And I say that because you asked what Christian would do this.....  I know many many Muslims that wouldn't do it also.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 12:11:18 PM »
Hi All,

First, please allow me to apologize somewhat. Sometimes the utter inequity of the statements made on this board gets to me in ways it shouldn't and for that I am very sorry.

I was asked to write a brief article by an online Christian magazine explaining the worldview of those committed to the Jihad and I'll try to excerpt a portion of that in a seperate thread, because I sincerely believe it would be useful to unpack why Christianity and Islam are so very different and why there currently isn't a problem with "radical fundamentalist Christian terrorists" seeking to advance the kingdom by blowing up airliners & buses.

But along those lines, just for a moment, stop to consider the following:

How many churches have terror cells in their midst? How many evangelical pastors preach sermons that all unbelievers must be put to the sword until only Christendom exists in the world? When there is a disaster in the Western world or what Muslims would consider "Christian nations" how eager are "fundamentalist" Muslims to rush in supplies and help? How many rather celebrate Allah's judgement on the infidels? Consider that the largest NGOs that rushed into the Tsunami ravaged areas of a fundamentalist Islamic nation (Indonesia) and earlier into the Earthquake ravaged areas of the worlds largest Islamic Theocracy (Iran), both of which do not permit the building of new church buildings or the propagation of non-Islamic religions, were evangelical Christian charities! My own denomination, small as it is, and "fundamentalist" as it is, sent in several teams all of whom were unfortunately forced to abide by a strictly enforced "NO EVANGELIZING" policy.

Let me put it to you this way, when a Christian kills in the name of Jesus (as was the case with Paul Hill), he usually does so alone, and the outcry against his actions from fundamentalist Christians is deafening. On the other hand, when groups that are part of the worldwide Pan-Islamist movement, such as the Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, Abu Sayaf, etc. blow something up in a martyrdom operation how much outcry is there in the Islamic world? A few liberal Muslims say "Oh that isn't really Islam you know. " (such as Iqbal Sacranie) And then the response from many in the Ulema is to declare that those saying this "isn't Islam" are kafirs and issue Fatwas against them. Or to quote statements made by British Muslims about Sacranie and his MCB and their anti-terror, pro-democracy movement in April of this year:

"The above are all shayaateen (devils), crooks, criminals and false gods. Voting for any political party which has a policy of legislating a law is Kufr Akbar (a major apostasy) and will take you outside the fold of Islam. It will also nullify all your good deeds and guarantee your seat in hellfire for ever."

Actually, the majority message that comes out of the Muslim community following an atrocity (such as the murder of Van Gogh) is that western governments had better not allow an anti-Islamic backlash, and to press for greater laws protecting Muslims in the west while they simultaneously outlaw the spread of Christianity and institutionally oppress Christians in their own nations.

There is a world of difference between the teachings and practice of Christianity and Islam and while I can stomach any kind of attack on Christianity as Christianity, including allegations of stupidity, inconsistency, ignorance, and so on, I find it insulting and unfair beyond measure to say that Christianity and Islam are "just the same" especially regarding terrorism and aggressive violence.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 01:02:21 PM »
.. I suspect your unable to see the forrest from the trees, Seagoon. With all respect, your focus remains the same.. 'we're good, they are evil'.

Secular definition changes not a whit the simple truth.. Holy Warriors kill millions.

Now, having clearly stated that your side is 'right' and their side is 'wrong', what's the church's next call to action? 'Turn the other cheek'? Or 'fire with fire'?

Solve the problem Seagoon.. WHAT makes your side, your principals 'holier' than theirs? How do you propose convincing the other team to play by 'your' rules? And, just what do YOU think the solution is?

Be honest.. and remember, this is NOT a personal attack.. it's a search for truth and a solution to the largest plauge on humanity. The world awaits the answer.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 01:06:57 PM »
And, just what do YOU think the solution is?

Kill 'em, kill 'em all. There can be no peace with these people.  Were I a muslim during the Crusades, I'd have said the same thing about the Crusaders.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve