Author Topic: Biker bar  (Read 1642 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Biker bar
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2001, 09:16:00 PM »
Whatever.
 Once on the ground of Afghanistan, the high-tech equipment of our army will not be worth crap - no fancy Airforce, cruise-missle softening or tanks - for the lack of targets. Not that those did much good in disrupting enemy supplies in Vietnam.
 So it will be a guy with M-16 against a guy with AK-47. In a terrain ideal for defence, heavily mined at that. At least to 1 to 3 casualties, likely more.

Commando raids? Maybe. Suppying and cooperating with their local enemies? Definitely. Occupation? I would not waste our soldiers.

miko

Offline Cabby44

• Copper Member
Biker bar
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2001, 09:48:00 PM »
Ispar:

I see you are from Massachusetts.  What a surprise.

Ok.  How does  "rabidly Left Wing hand-wringing dumb-ass" sound???

Say "hi" to Teddy "50-thousand body bags" Kennedy fo me....

Cabby

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Cabby44 ]

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Biker bar
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by john9001:
ispar...there is another way, you go to afgan and have tea with bin laden and tell him all about your liberal values and how much you hate the great satan, maybe he will be more 'reasonable"

Oh... ok, this is great. I disagree with the notion that a military attack on Afghanistan is appropriate, and therefor I am a terrorist sympathizer? Go figure.

No, I am not advocating "reason." Never negotiate with a terrorist. That's rule #1. But bombing the crap out of and invading Afghanistan (or any other that is "harboring terrorists") will be no more effective. Why go with an option that in the end will only serve to kill more people for no gain?

Cabby, it sounds about like what I would expect from you. Remember, I don't resort to name-calling and total lack of repect until I've been really pissed off. You always manage to really piss me off, with your pig-ignorant take on liberal standpoints.

I don't have anything against Right-wingers. I do have something against idiots.

I find it interesting that you note my location. Yeah, I'm a Masser and proud of it - not one county for Bush. At least we can pull our heads out of our tulips when it counts in this state. And rabidly left-wing I am not, no indeed. Mildly crazed, perhaps, but not rabid. I can think for myself. And hand-wringing is something I avoid - bad for the joints. The irony of your 50,000 body bags statement strikes me, given that you are one of those trying to rush us into a deadly war...

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Biker bar
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
If you are having "issues" with you fight or flee reflex.  I strongly suggest you come down on the side of fight.  Yes. If we attack there is a chance they will hit us back. However if we do nothing meaningful, it is a lead pipe cinch they will hit us. Nothing more noble than a sense of self preservation is needed here.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
Biker bar
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by easymo:
If you are having "issues" with you fight or flee reflex.  I strongly suggest you come down on the side of fight.  Yes. If we attack there is a chance they will hit us back. However if we do nothing meaningful, it is a lead pipe cinch they will hit us. Nothing more noble than a sense of self preservation is needed here.

Not what I suggested... but since military action is where we're going, let's get it over with and then work towards it not being a necessity for dealing with this in the future. That's my take on it.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
Biker bar
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
Here's a link to info about the likelyhood of getting bin laden (or others for that matter).
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/newsid_1550000/1550962.stm

The points made in this link are what i've thought all along. but that doesn't mean "don't fight back". NATO just has to be smarter this time.