Author Topic: Terrain  (Read 450 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Terrain
« on: March 20, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
 Go to sim HQ. Take a look at Target Korea, terrain Screens. And, unlike brand W, it doesn't take a pentagon class, puter to run it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Terrain
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
Im kind of put off by what appears to be photos used for the terrain.  I never liked the look down close of flat trees and buildings.  Up high tastes great, low down, less filling.  Still,  way too early to tell on this one.

The WB3 terrain (and graphics) engine appears to be intelligent.  By that I mean it thinks as you fly over/look at it, constantly changing and rewriting itself based on your location.

This is good in the sense that it will probably be a viable engine for several years, OTOH, it does appear to take a more capable computer to run it well which means AH will be my roost for some time to come.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Terrain
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
 Looks nice. Similar towhat we already have here for the most part. And with the rocky texture terrain in a few of those shots I'd almost swear that it was a Nuttz job  

-Westy

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Terrain
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Hand that man a cigar
LOL, if you stopped to read instead of just looking at the pictures....

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Westy:
Looks nice. Similar towhat we already have here for the most part. And with the rocky texture terrain in a few of those shots I'd almost swear that it was a Nuttz job  

-Westy

AKSeaWulfe

Terrain
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2001, 02:29:00 PM »
"The terrain was developed and textured from scratch by David 'nuttz' Flora and Shaun 'ogre' Thomson, two of Targetware's terrain gurus. We're really proud of these two guys, especially what David has accomplished with terrain texturing using Shaun's excellent customized terrain editing tools such as MapMaker. The original MapMaker program was created Dave "lgw" Hughes, without whose contributions, Shaun said he wouldn't have been able to achieve what he has so far in pushing the graphics envelope with Target Korea. As you can see, even from these work-in-progress pics, the terrain will be very detailed and we think it looks good from every angle. "

Congratulations Nuttz, looks like someone found a use for your abilities and it looks terrific.
-SW