Author Topic: will not connect to host  (Read 326 times)

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
will not connect to host
« on: July 20, 2005, 05:42:06 PM »
ok,,  i've been thru this sequence seems like a bazillion times for updates.  This time seemed nothing stranger until I try to sign in and all I get is cannot connect to host do you want to try alternate route .    game starts fine in offline mode  so what is it with this latest update patch that keeps me from getting in  online?  Most disturbing.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
will not connect to host
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:08:08 PM »
Matrix, I had the same problem. I was told to make sure that my firewall was letting access to the server. Roy said that with each new update the firewall must grant access to the ports for game to connect...I had a problem with some old firewall software that needed to be deleted, once I did that I had no connect issues.

Offline Bondwan

• Zinc Member
I am having the same problem as Matrix
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 05:34:02 AM »
I cannot connect to host. Can someone tell me step by step what I need to do to cure this problem. I am not that good with computers and I did not understand the suggestions about firewalls and ports in the last post. Thank you for any help you can give.

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
will not connect to host
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
yep DaPup,  exactly the prob. First couple times I looked for the permission to connect window but never saw it.  4th time was charm, able to get to it and all is ok now.  TY

When you click to go online  and you get to the password screen and click OK,  hit your ALT and TAB keys together  then you should see the permissions window to allow the connection.  That's what I do anyway>  GL
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 12:26:46 PM by RTO »