Author Topic: A Troubling Poll  (Read 5629 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
A Troubling Poll
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2001, 05:59:00 PM »
Patrick Henry's immortal words "Give me liberty or give me death" may take on new meaning for many of us.

I believe we will have to decide over the coming months and perhaps years just what liberties we are willing to die for.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
A Troubling Poll
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Funny you should mention Patrick Henry. He wanted no part of the Constitutional Convention.
sand

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
A Troubling Poll
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime:
Lets remember who the enemy is.. and who we are...

That is the whole point right there in a nutshell.  I have seen every level of our political leadership from every side, up to and including the President iterate and reiterate this.  That very subject in the quote has been a constant message given to the American people by our leaders.  They've gone out of their way to provide this message, from the President visiting a Mosque and speaking about it, to Sen. McCain on the Tonight Show tonight specifically addressing this subject.  They know.  They have gone out of their way to share that.  Unfortunately, not everybody is listening or accepting that, despite so many proclamations of unity and backing our leadership.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
A Troubling Poll
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »
Sorry, wrong thread.

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Syzygy ]

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Syzygy ]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
A Troubling Poll
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
it's a human trait to categorize ... everything related to one's past experiences.

We ALL do it consciously and/or subconsciously..

One's reaction to this fact displays one's intelligence and character...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals