Author Topic: Army drill sgt. court-martialed for.....cruelty?  (Read 498 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Army drill sgt. court-martialed for.....cruelty?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 06:29:41 PM »
I've always wanted to just say to a DI if they yelled in my face..

Permission to speak freely sir..

Allright go ahead maggot..

Sir, when was the last time you brushed your teeth sir?

That would require the presence of a sense of humor, and that generally disappears for most of basic (and AIT if it is combat arms). I can still clearly remember the first time I laughed at something while in basic/AIT. It was around the time of [edit: the first long road march and a few nights camping in the field] (and involved a comment about the overstuffed looking  rucksacks the drill sergeants had being filled with helium balloons), must have been at least week [edit: 6 or 7].

Charon
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:56:03 PM by Charon »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »
During my basic in 1985, the Drills could not physically abuse a trainee. However, a few trouble cases had the opportunity to "do something" or get with the program, and chose to get with the program. A few weight controls also were given a hard time beyond the norm, but worked through it.

Our core company drills did abuse otherwise us though, compared to the other companies. That included getting up earlier than required for the first few months, being kept up later than required and missing out on some battalion, brigade and post passes we should have received. It became obvious that we were operating on a different schedule from the other training companies. One also tried to get us to “chip in” and buy a “communal” weight bench and set (that would have stayed with the DS when we left, if not sooner). However, we were far enough along to not fall for that one and feel safe enough declining :)

Eventually one night someone dropped a dime to some upper level OIC and suddenly things changed a bit. I don't know if they wanted to make us tougher, or just got a personal kick out of it. I think the post passes were screwed because the one DS was not as high speed, low drag, got stuck with the ****ty schedules as basic/AIT moved along and took it out on us.

The funny thing about OSUT (single unit training - a combination of basic and AIT into one 14-week program) at Knox was that the last four weeks of AIT had just about as much BS as the first four weeks. There was a light period in the middle for a couple of weeks, but that evaporated rapidly. Also funny, was that my eventual reserve unit was pulling a full active duty cycle as the cadre for the company next to us in the building. I had to occasionally go there for various things and a good friend (later on of course) pulled range duty and actually scored me on my rifle qualification.

Charon

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 08:56:30 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore

I wouldn't recommend it.

my little brother had a incident along those lines on his first day of basic.  it didn't go well for him.

as I hear it, after being fresh off the bus, with all the yelling in your face, insults and the like they this one decided to single out my little brother.

I'm told it went something like this-

apparently he didn't appear 'effected' enough by the treatment so he gets up in his face asks him if he's scared

"No, Sargent"

"why not, are you some sort of tough guy"

"no Sargent"

"so whats your secret then boy.  why don't I scare you?"

"I'd rather not say, Sargent"

"speak up son what on your mind"

"well Sargent.  after living the last 18 years of my life with a Marine corps DI, an army drill Sargent doesn't really seem to impress me much."

they made a project of little brother.  basic was hell for him from start to finish.

Offline RETARD MCGEE

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 10:26:57 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore

yeah man keep raging against the machine

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 10:43:22 PM »
:(  what happened to comradere(best attempt of spelling). Besides alittle violence nevert hurt anyone. Vulgar words might destroy a man though :rolleyes:

Like when someone calls me a dweeb...I break down and cry for days.