Author Topic: Senator Clinton?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
"hate" karnak?

I am glad we have the people we have in office.  I think that if Gore, or for that matter, Hillary were president, you would see the same unity you see now.  I am merely interested in hearing people's thoughts, and should have made things a bit more clear.  I am interested in people's opinions of her as the commander-in-chief of the military.  I am interested to know why, being the senator of New York, I haven't heard anything at all from her.  As for "hate" and breaking up unity, I say hogwash.  Open discussion does not equal hate, and if it does, then I wonder, are we back in the USSR?

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Greese ]

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
I saw Hillary Clinton on television. I thought she did well and sounded every bit as credible as any other politician I've seen on television.

I think she knows what she's doing and New York didn't make a mistake electing her.
sand

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »
Post deleted.  It was a misunderstanding.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: leonid ]
ingame: Raz

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
Excuse me, if I implied that it was liberal/conservative; reading it, it does look that way.

There are factions on all sides, not liberal, democratic or libertarian.

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG:
I haven't seen her once since this happened.
\

Hope it stays that way.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2001, 08:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gadfly:
Excuse me, if I implied that it was liberal/conservative; reading it, it does look that way.

There are factions on all sides, not liberal, democratic or libertarian.

Oh, in that case, I misunderstood and will delete my previous post.  Thanks for elaborating.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2001, 08:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM:
I saw Hillary Clinton on television. I thought she did well and sounded every bit as credible as any other politician I've seen on television.

I think she knows what she's doing and New York didn't make a mistake electing her.

Believe it or not I agree with you on the 1st paragraph. Since the crisis, she has spoken with unity and support of the President and with a professionalism I haven't seen b4. I've seen her on the tube quite a bit.

That said, I still can't agree with the second paragraph  :)
I hope she proves me wrong in the long run.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »
Actually, Eagler, she is a damn good politician.  I have no faith in her motives, but I do not doubt her skills.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
"just like those Liberals Abraham Lincoln".....

What in Gods name are they teaching in those schools now days.

For what its worth, Lincoln was the first Republican President.  Helped found the party in fact.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: easymo ]

Offline newguy2

• Zinc Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
Yup, she done a damn fine job as a parrot. Hands up now, How many thought she'd or any other politician would say anything else at this point? Let's give it a few months.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by easymo:
"just like those Liberals Abraham Lincoln".....

What in Gods name are they teaching in those schools now days.

For what its worth, Lincoln was the first Republican President.  Helped found the party in fact.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: easymo ]

easymo,  you need to read up on your USA history.  Back during that time, the Republican ticket was the liberal ticket.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2001, 11:15:00 PM »
Leonid, read up on your syntax.  At that time, the Republicans were the liberal party, but the tenents haven't changed.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
Actually I think you would find those 1860 Republicans to be fiscally conservative while perhaps socially liberal.

Democrats at the time we backing what was in effect a huge farm surplus for the South, slavery (and don't even jump on me for this.  I'm speaking in purely economical terms).  Southern Democrats were out to protect their free labor force when it came to slavery (one of their issues).

The North, which was more industrial, didn't need slave labor.  In fact an uneducated work force wouldn't do them any good in even those primative factories.  Plus it provided unfair competition for Northern farmers.

Generalzations to be sure, but the gist is pretty correct.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2001, 11:46:00 PM »
Gadfly,

Actually the tenets have changed.  Lincoln set up the federal government as the authority, now Republicans want to undo all of that.

I am well aware tha Lincoln was a Republican, he was also a Liberal by the standards of the day. Abraham Lincoln is my favorite President.

The problem with a few conservatives is that they think that if someone isn't saying "My country, right or wrong." they aren't patriotic and are prone to rolling over.  That is just plain BS.

Without voices of warning and critisism, from many sides of the political spectrum, that point out problems in other's ideologies this nation would be far, far weaker.

Warning of danger that you see in your countries chosen path is patriotic.  It might sound like they don't like their country, but what they are really saying is that they love their country and are worried about the direction it is taking.  While some people accuse them of not being patriotic until Tuesday the 11th, the truth is that those who say that simply don't understand that kind of patriotism.

Over the last few days I have seen a lot of slander towards Liberals like myself.  Sinister insinuations that we aren't really sorry that it happened and that we are just play acting the part of outrage and determination.  I have even seen accusations that we Liberals are glad that it happened. I have not seen much of that on this BB and for that I salute the AH Conservatives.  Elsewhere it has been quite insulting however.

<S> Conservative members of the AH community.

We Americans need to stand together now and not tear at eachother looking for a domestic place to lay the blame.

The Conservatives here are, by and large, doing just that.

Thanks from this Liberal member of the AH community.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
Senator Clinton?
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
<Salute> Karnak!, no offense intended.  A strong Federal Government does not mean an all-encompassing one and that is our difference, just as it was for Lincoln.