Author Topic: A ki84 film  (Read 346 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
A ki84 film
« on: July 29, 2005, 07:13:56 PM »
didn't look back at some planes because i didn't care LOL, but ok run. this any better?

real action about 5 minutes into film

http://home.wi.rr.com/jabostaffelhq/images/ki84.zip
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
A ki84 film
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 08:02:07 PM »
you are getting there, looks alot better.

something I didn't cover but important too.
the target plane's speed, faster he is going more lead you need. slower he is going the less lead.

gotta kinda do the + and - thing mentally and real quick.

just do whatever it takes to get the target plane and your bullets in the same space at the same time.

keep practicing.

and check your 6 at least every 3 seconds, even if you see nothing around for miles.

and yes, I know you are/was 73. ;)  

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
A ki84 film
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 08:03:10 PM »
i dunno how you survived that! oh yea i saved you! :p

but seriously good flying :aok

I get like that also where i don't care if planes are behind me, when im mad at myself for missing easy shots.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
A ki84 film
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 08:05:36 PM »
Hi Mustaine,
Few things I noticed in the film:

1. At 1:12 you seem to reverse ok on 109g2 but then you loose sight of him at the top.(haha funny that you later acknowledge this on vox[he crashed into the ground shortly after you lost vis])

2. At 2:23 you seem to go for a head on merge with a p51b, I noticed this pattern throughout the film with other aircraft. You could easily have set him up for a reversal and got a snapshot without the chance of him hitting you.

3. At about 6:35 you get too target fixated on the p51 and disregard the cons on your 6 closing. By the time you decide to take action theres 3 of em at d600!

4. Missing a couple easy snapshots, especially on that spit at 7:20 which could have made things easier.

So basically it is mainly a matter of working on your SA and choosing the biggest threats, your merge tactics, and a bit of gunnery. Other than that, great flying :aok

Catch me online and maybe you can drag me into the DA :D
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
A ki84 film
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 08:21:30 PM »
i had a sortie tonight, 5-1 in an la7, got 4 other ran, then it bacame a 5-5 or so, walked out with 7 kills.... at one point i had a spit14, yak, and pony all within D0 icon LOL... made the 14 overshoot, popped him at about 50 feet LOL.

MAN i wish i had filmed THAT sortie :( :mad:

i'll keep filming / posting. ;)
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
A ki84 film
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 10:56:48 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
i had a sortie tonight, 5-1 in an la7, got 4 other ran, then it bacame a 5-5 or so, walked out with 7 kills.... at one point i had a spit14, yak, and pony all within D0 icon LOL... made the 14 overshoot, popped him at about 50 feet LOL.

MAN i wish i had filmed THAT sortie :( :mad:

i'll keep filming / posting. ;)

nice WTG.

did you notice, you didn't miss much at 50 ft.?

much better range. ;)

though I usually run all over the debris and cripple my plane, when I pop them that close. ;)