Author Topic: 30 mm?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
30 mm?
« on: August 01, 2005, 05:47:22 AM »
Another really strange sortie...
I know, germans had lack of all material at the end of war...but, did they replace 30 mm cannon projectiles with rubber bullets? If yes, they must have been dildos.:D
Take a look at this short clip:

film, 140 k

I think, I got pretty good hits on Lanc�s body...but, no effect at all!
At least I hope, those pilots and gunners were women. In that case  they might have been able to join my shooting:D :rofl
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 12:57:51 PM by Pyro »
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
30 mm?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 08:03:47 AM »
Excellent post of a film with massive hits... and from what I can tell little to no damage... Have you submitted this to HTC?

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
30 mm?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 09:09:18 AM »
I wish, techical staff will read all these topics concerning to oddities...:rolleyes:
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
30 mm?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 01:15:16 PM »
In my experiences if those hits were on the wing you'd have a kill. Firing down the fuselage in one pass rarely pops a bomber that size.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
30 mm?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »
That massive bunch of hits with 20/30mm cannons would kill an elephant...or a blue whale, if one of them could fly:D
Is Avro Lancaster really made of titanium?
HTC, please....any comments?

Did germans really use dildos as a substitute for 30mm cannons?:rofl

If yes, that explains me a lot of things:

Black boots, long leather jackets, uniform caps, etc, etc.

Yeah, now I know, now I know:D

:rofl
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 03:09:57 PM by Zuum »

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
30 mm?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
AIM at the WINGS next time... wait for the FIRE to consume the WING

move along...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
30 mm?
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 11:35:14 AM »
The fuselage, as a whole, is more vital than the wings are. It houses electronics, CREW, bombs, sometimes fuel (depending on the plane) and lots of important systems including fuel lines and wing spars, and without the fuselage there'd be no plane, just a loose collection of parts fluttering to the earth.

If you hit it to the critical point, it should destroy the bomber. I unloaded 2x20mm into the belly of a slow and lumbering lanc once.. I know it was heavy with bombs because it was lining up on a field. Completely unloaded all me ammo directly into the bomb bay.... and NOTHING. After that tried my pea shooters, using every last round (his rear gunnery sucked so I kept at it) and used all of them for only a smoking engine. It was freaking pathetic.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
30 mm?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 01:34:33 PM »
Aim for the cockpit.

If you can't see the cockpit you fluffed your attack.

Seriously weakest point is the pilot, kill him and plane goes BOOM !

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
30 mm?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 01:51:20 PM »
Because cables, electronics, etc aren't modeled currently it does nothing.  If they were modeled people would start fearing my Hurri 1 of death. That makes the wings more important at this point.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline ATA

• Nickel Member
30 mm?
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »
Nirvana is so smart it's not even funny

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
30 mm?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 11:44:32 AM »
i think the damage model on the bombers needs to be lowered... u hit anytype of aircraft with 2-20mm cannons or 1-30mm cannon, it should go boom, remember these HE shells, they explode on impact... theres not an aircraft even flying in todays world that would hold up to a 20mm or 30mm hit in the fuselage. also the 50cal damage needs to be turned up... was watching gun cam on military channel the other night and watched as P51's blew up trains and boats with 1/2 second bursts of 50 cals only... 1-20mm hit to the fuselgae of a lanc should blow a hole big enough to break it into half, i hate it when i dump 100 0rounds of 20's into something see the hit sprites and all that i get is a fuel leak or an oil leak... its like the 50 cals are modeled like 303's and the 20mm are modeled like 50 cals, 1 20mm will destroy a tank, why not an aircraft ?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
30 mm?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
Iceman, I don't think you have a clear idea of how powerful these rounds were in real life.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
30 mm?
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 02:02:28 PM »
i am exagerating a little bit, but I have seen a 20mm hit a tank at fort hood, i played on a minor league football team and we got to go to fort hood and play a team that they put together ( we whooped em ) but after the game we got to go to the live tank range or whatever its called and they were using a bradley as a target and were firing .50 cal barret rifles at it and the bullet would go all the way through the tank, out the other side.. left about a 1 foot hole in the exit, then they brought out some type of infantry carrier or something like that and fired 20mm's at it, every time they fired a shell, that bradley would light up and you would see sparks and pieces of ( i dont know what ) firing out from all the holes in the tank that were already there, anything inside that tank would have been toast, and the intrace hole was about 6-8" and the exit was about 3-4 feet litteraly... i know the rounds we are using today are more sophisticated but, as i said in my post earlier, i watched a show called GUN CAM on military channel and they show P51's destroying trains and cruisers with 1/2 - 1 second bursts of .50 cals... i may have exagerated a lil earlier but IMO the .50 cal rounds and up, especially 20mm and 30mm rounds should do more damage

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
30 mm?
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 02:07:03 PM »
Well the Bradley isn't a tank. It's called the "Bradley Fighting Vehicle".. Its armor only protects against small-arms (assault rifles, man-carried things). A Browning 50cal is a heavy machine gun, and is not small arms. I have no doubt a 20mm can rip the armor open in a Bradley. They're not meant to protect against that.

A real tank has thick armor plating, and a 20mm would do very little damage.

With the P51 gun cams, you have to consider the following: They made MANY passes. MANY attacks on the train and the ships they destroyed. Gun cams only run while the guns are firing. So when you see 1 to 2 seconds of firing, it's really only the last shots in an already damaged vessel. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
30 mm?
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 02:27:14 PM »
I didn't know the bradly was piece of junk.... just watched them blow the hell outta it lol it was fun... you may be correct about the gun cam, thats probably what it was, just showing the last planes gun cam on the attack run on the trains, but the cruisers they were shooting at were in good condition or appeared to be when they were taking them out... very good point though, and I'll take your word for it about the Bradley as I don't know crap about them... now the abrams on the other hand has some really cool armor... if a missile is fired at it a piece of the armor will actually like explode off the tank and hit the missile like a split second before the missile hit the tank... I watched a show about them, they are AWESOME.... I still think the 50's and up should do more damage... not necessarily to fighters, but to bombers... i've dumped 500+ rounds of 50 cals into the top fuselage of a B17 and it didn't go down... now if I move over a hair and air for the wing connection, I can easily slice the wing off with less than 100 rounds... maybe its the bomber fuselage damage model that needs some work... on the other hand if I hit it in the tail from 6 posi, all i do is elevator damage and it takes allot of hits, don't you think 2 or 3 - 20mm rounds fired at the tail from a 6 oclock position  should cause more damage, i mean its not like they will deflect off, there most likely gonna go thru the tail, thru the fuselage, and thru the cockpit... And I know thats just too much stuff to program into the game, but they should cause more damage IMO