Author Topic: Map Rotation Whine  (Read 1138 times)

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 04:26:37 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I agree some of these maps are getting to be too much too often.
Once per rotation please.

Would like to see some more and newer maps also.

Would LOVE to see the return of Pizza map with perhaps a color fix for those that hated the color. Though I had no problem with it other then the initial placement of the countries.
shoulda been one country for each slice of the pie instead of the giant noodle & testi formation they had
I miss some of the GV battles we used to have there.
Made for a nice occasional change of pace

I agree with Drediock. It does seem like we keep getting the same 3 maps over and over again.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 05:00:06 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Sadly, from what I can see it is not the map that discourages fights, it is the players that do that themselves.

You'll see 10 countrymen attacking a base that has no defense while a sector and a half away the enemy is doing the same thing.

That is the reason I can't stand the big maps, at least when the maps are small the 'milkrunning hordes' are far less prominent as it forces these two opposing forces to engage one another.

edit: typo in last sentence

Exactly Delirium. I've been saying this for years. People will not change, the game must change to accomodate them.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »
Zazen your post about the problem on this map is one of the things You were doing. You were shot down in bombers milk running over a strat close to your base. Everyone over on bish country channel had a good laugh about it.

I will agree that the rotation should offer more variety but calling the map bad because it makes you fly bombers over a strat target is hardly an argument.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2005, 06:10:15 PM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
Zazen your post about the problem on this map is one of the things You were doing. You were shot down in bombers milk running over a strat close to your base. Everyone over on bish country channel had a good laugh about it.

I will agree that the rotation should offer more variety but calling the map bad because it makes you fly bombers over a strat target is hardly an argument.

Goes to show just how bored I was....;) I even made two runs on Bish HQ in my Stuka to keep it down to help insure a reset, I was just that desperate...lol

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:21:30 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »
At this point I wouldn't mind if AH took the Finn-Rus Map from the CT and spread the 3 countries across it or even the BoB map and make the Bish France................:D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2005, 06:38:48 PM »
Originally posted by Ted Strykker
bustr,most people don't know what the CT is.

It's a lot more quiet in there though,less dummies and more higher quality pilots.

Popped in a couple times. Each experiance was the same.
differnet pilots. same gangbang
Turned me off to it right quick.

Only there. They let you get airborne for 15-20 seconds before they tageam ya LOL
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:43:12 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2005, 06:42:32 PM »
Originally posted by lambo31
I agree with Drediock. It does seem like we keep getting the same 3 maps over and over again.

Lambo

Dont get me wrong. I like Trinity. I just dont want to be on the same map for five out of seven days. With the other two days being spent  the other maps.

I'd feel the same about any map that was like that
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Sadly, from what I can see it is not the map that discourages fights, it is the players that do that themselves.

You'll see 10 countrymen attacking a base that has no defense while a sector and a half away the enemy is doing the same thing.

That is the reason I can't stand the big maps, at least when the maps are small the 'milkrunning hordes' are far less prominent as it forces these two opposing forces to engage one another.

edit: typo in last sentence

Only 10?
But thats a pretty accurate discription. There are often two choices. Be part of the group hording, or be part of the group fighting back against the horde. And basically just getting horded.

I prefer to fight against the horde but getting gangbanged gets old after a while.

thing that kills me is there are usually a few defending and calling for help.

But nobody bothers to show up to help defending a base till after its captured.

One would think Hordes would attract the furballers looking for a decent sized furball. That would be ideal.
But as often as not they just complain about not being able to find a furball then helping to create one.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2005, 07:06:38 PM »
I have been playing sparraticly for several months, so Im not confident I *know* the exact current rotation, but here is the score....
We have 9 MA maps.
5 Large maps
4 Small maps

All 9 in rotation at once didnt work because players learn the rotation order, and start steam rolling some maps just to get to particular ones in the rotation.  Players who's favorite maps were steam rolled complained.

One map a week caused complaints similar to yours.  One large paired with one small worked ok for awhile until more maps were added.  Then it became an issue of players not seeing their favorite map up in the MA for more than a months time.

If you can see a rotation that divides 9 maps into weekly rotations(which is divisible by 3), that equally uses 5 Large maps (which is a prime number), and also uses 4 small maps (divisible by 2), feel free to suggest it to Skuzzy.  

With the history of the rotation issue, I think they are doing the best they can (mathmatically) with the number of maps avalible, and player feedback.

Offline WindX

• Copper Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2005, 07:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by Lazerr
Map sucks... burn it!

Agreed and please, please, please, Do "NOT" bring back the pizza map!

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2005, 08:59:22 PM »
What is so bad about Trinity.  Since the map has been rotated, I have found nothing but perfect furballs.  Either they be vs the bish or vs the rooks.  These furballs were also low because the bases were close to each other and it was just a big standstill.  

I usually look for this map to be on because it is such a big map that it is hard to win so not many people try to go for the win on the map because the next map will be rotated before a country gets the reset.

So in my perspective it seems that more people get into mood of furballing like us other furball pilots.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Map Rotation Whine
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2005, 11:07:34 PM »
Originally posted by Ted Strykker

It's a lot more quiet in there though,less dummies and more higher quality pilots.

Yup, that's why I don't go into the CT, too many "higher quality pilots" and not enough dummies... I hate getting clubbed within minutes of upping.  You "higher quality pilots" go ahead and enjoy yourselves in there, all five of you.  :aok
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher