Author Topic: About Adolf Hitler...  (Read 3109 times)

TheWobble

About Adolf Hitler...
« on: March 31, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
I was watching an special on the history channel today about hitler..not about WW2, or the holocaust..or anything war related..but about his life before that.. and I must admit, He has to have been the best Public speaker I have ever seen, not in message (of course) but in the way he could deliver a message and captivate a crowd.  It was amazing to see how the huge crowds would be swept up in his words and and the way he use pitch and gestures and the way he used his posture in concert to mesemerize his crowds.

Its sad that such talent had to be used for such absoulte evil.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »
I can't remember the last time a politician's speech meant jack-s*** to me.

And since i don't understand German, Hitler's screaming, gesticulations, and facial expressions look ridiculous to me.  

Sorta reminds me of a bad Charlie Chaplin impression......

Cabby

[This message has been edited by cabby (edited 03-31-2001).]
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

-towd_

About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
cabby does being completly predictable ever bother you ? you are like a bbs archy bunker.

Sandman_SBM

About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »
Absolutely, Wobble... Hitler had public speaking down.

Even without understanding german, his speeches are incredibly powerful.

------------------
cheers,
sand
screamin blue messiahs
The SBM's are hiring!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2001, 12:06:00 AM »
im telling you, its the little mustache. Chaplin had it, he was good wasn't he?  

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2001, 01:39:00 AM »
Just wondering, what if Adolph had died ... say in a auto accident ... before giving the final orders to go case white.
What do you speculate that the world would think of him today?
It is of course a moot point but what do you all think?  and why?

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

MrSiD

About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2001, 04:22:00 AM »
It's not only the talking talent that captivated the germany of the day, it was the fact that he brought germany out of post-ww I economic depression.

He gave hope to the nation in a way that seemed a downright miracle.

It's no wonder that his people believed in him. It's just really sad that he was a megalomaniac antisemitist, a very bad person to follow..

If we see into the life in 1930's germany it will be much easyer to understand why Hitler could get the power that he did.. Life was amazingly different then, only 70 years ago..

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2001, 04:39:00 AM »
Quote:

cabby does being completly predictable ever bother you "

No more than being unintelligible seems to bother  you......

Archie
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2001, 04:46:00 AM »
Reading a few books on Hitler (not Mein Kampf) can give you an idea about the man. From what I've read, if you got him into a conversation he'd give you his entire point of view. Not forcefully, but honestly. He'd listen to your points, tell you his, and then explain anything you didn't get. As for his speaking ability, I used to have two of his speaches a good friend translated. She recorded them on tape using the same inflections and everything. Some of the ideas didn't come out right, because as in all languages there's words you can't translate. So it was a sort of mixed bag of English and German.

The manager at the local B&N store said he'd read Mein Kampf and hated it. Not the book, the contents of it. He said it was a well written, carefully compiled, and meticulously edited 500-page book. What it contained on the other hand, was useless crap. "Philosophical belching" to use Goebbels expression regarding another book. Baldur von Schirach said something about the same book Goebbels was referring to: "He sold more copies of a book no one ever read than any other author". Both fit. If you want to know, they were both talking about Alfred Rosenberg's Myth of the Twentieth Century. This guy published the mystic nonsense that pased for Nazi doctrine.

THN has an article about Nuremberg trials and people involved here: www.thehistorynet.com/WorldWarII/articles/11953_text.htm

[edit]Useless trivia: Mein Kampf was originally titled "4 1/2 years of struggle against lies, stupidity, and cowardess".

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

[This message has been edited by flakbait (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2001, 04:54:00 AM »
  If there is a hell, I'm sure he is a popular speaker there.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2001, 05:54:00 AM »
What he actually did was to spend huge amounts of public money on improving the infrastructure of Germany, to gain his 'lebensraum'. He then needed to expand Germany and gain more resources, to pay for those improvements.

Goebbels was the genius behind the throne - uniting the classes in the common hatred of the Jews and the belief that the Germans were a master race. He exploited a traditional anti-semetic vein running through German society.

In the end both were cowardly individuals, without the balls to surrender and face the music. Instead they added thousands of German citizens to the death toll.

Great example of leadership, that.

The only redeeming feature of Adolf is that he is dead.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

ICEWIND

About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2001, 07:25:00 AM »
Adolf Hitler's talent of speaking and posing during his public appearances was not totally based on talent. It is known that he mostly practised in front of a mirror usually before he gave a speech. Hitler was also  influenced by the Benito Mussolini at the beginning of the 30s,at that time Benito Mussolini was more famous than Hitler.
Trotsky was also a famous Russian speaker, the first of his this kind and style.

I speak German fluently and I will say that anyone who understands a powerful language like German has to be swept away be such powerful speeches like from Adolf Hitler.
It is like the essence of Life and Beauty was speaking to you and you could fell the power and glory in his words. His words replace your streaming blood in your body and flow through your mind.  
I am sure if the Jews were not Jews they would have also been screaming Heil Hitler! (and it is known some actually did)
But anyway, even though if the message is brought to you with such beauty, the words of the Adolf Hitler are a mighty wind that blow you directly to the gates of Hell.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
MrSid -

Dowding touched on this, but just to make clear...

Hitler brought Germany out of post WWI economic depression by mobilizing for war on a very large scale.  This meant weapons to manufacture, jobs, etc.

Point being, if he hadn't been a megalomaniac antisemite, he likely wouldn't have pulled Germany out of the depression.

He was obviously a very captivating leader.

My wife has a really awful boss (who has some behavioral traits in common with Hitler - honestly!) for the next month, and she has said "I can't believe that I made such a bad mistake and thought that she was nice and that this was a good idea."  I tell her "Don't feel bad.  Hitler duped an entire nation."

[This message has been edited by Kratzer (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
"it was the fact that he brought germany out of post-ww I economic depression. "

He did that through a massive re-armament effort. That's where all the jobs came from.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
About Adolf Hitler...
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2001, 03:43:00 PM »
There an echo in here?