Author Topic: Rook Zany No-Brainyness  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« on: February 25, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Sometimes the rooks can be working well as a team, sometimes they have no clue.  This afternoon was the latter  

Despite a big push by the Nits down south from 7 and 30, over half our numbers felt that trying to take 1 from a carrier stationed just off shore would be the more prudent thing to do.

Welp, at the expense of P21, good job...hope ya get it  

-Ding

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
<takes Generals cap from Saintaw, proudly presents it to Dingy>

Have another beer dude  

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
you let saw have it in the 1st place - your doomed  
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »
did someone mention A1 again?

Fury

AKSeaWulfe

Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
God save the Quee.... err A1!!!!!
-SW

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
Lol maybe we should get the number 1 banned from the map, then at least the
"strategically challenged" would have to think for a few seconds a night, even if its only WTF WAAAAAAAAAHHH wheres A1 gone !!!!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2001, 01:41:00 AM »

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Pepino

Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2001, 01:52:00 AM »
Sometimes the <Insert your country here> work for strategic targets. Sometimes, just for fun, sometimes, both. A1 was fun last nite. Period.

Besides, being the most keen on reality of this game, Rooks were only trying to get rid of this unrealistic and unballancing GPS + Inflight Radar. And, as efficient as ever, we succeed.  

Pepe

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2001, 07:19:00 AM »
Hmmm....yeah what IS it with A1?  Seems every map its fought for!  

I got a kick out of the mentality of the strategically challenged last night and the rationale behind using a carrier stationed midway between 1 and 4.  You save, what?  2 minutes of flight?  (For those who are AH geographically impaired, A4 is only 15 miles to the east of 1.)

ROFL!

MUST....GET....TO....FIGHT... AND....DIE....QUICKER!!!!!

-Ding

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2001, 07:33:00 AM »
Ahhh you mean while you and the Rook masses were busy fighting at A1 it succesfully contributed to the Rooks losing there Radar ?
Cos thats the way i see it.

Having said that i also appreciate you pays your money and makes your choice how and when to fight, and its not for me to control how and why you do it. But it does not prevent me and many others from wondering why the hell we bother trying to win the war when it appears we are throwing our virtual lives away defending strategic targets and Jabo attacks when others bury their heads in the sand and ignore pleas for help just because God Forbid A1 is under attack !!!
Maybe you all need reminding that there are 60 ? perkie points available for winning the war.
I just hope all the A1 junkies find they are short of perkies for that Uber plane they wanna try out.

I am realistic enough to realise that the A1 fest is here to stay, and hell i have even joined in some nights, but sure as hell not when my Home island and HQ is under attack.

My choice tho, make yours and be sure to enjoy it cos all that really matters is you pay to play and keep HT solvent  

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2001, 08:35:00 AM »
Nuke the center island or move it and it's inhabitants to the Quake arena.

Mox

Pepino

Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Dingy,

We have a couple of rather harsh words on chan. 2 yesterday.

Ok. It is more sound, strategic-wise, and prudent to try to defend 21 and 19. It is so clear that discussing this do not make sense. But It happens that people act only seldom with strategics on mind in the MA. We had a hell of a time at A1 last night, and that was the reason. I do not know if another countries acts like that, but I would bet they do.

I decided to keep the CV near A1 because:

a) We were having a blast there.

b) You had the option to move TG 40 to A7

c) There were no organized missions in planner (AFAIK) to release pressure or even defend home island (so I assumed strategic-impaired rook must be the vast majority -include me, pls-), only that frantic call to move TG 13 South to A7.

Anyway, have my appoligies. I should not be using hard words with someone that likes the "real" aspects of this sim, for it is what is I like most. Or with anyone else. Having said that, I would point that you were the one who first used rude language.

Take it easy, we were having some consecutive nights of cooperating, planning and coordinated flying in Rookland. Far beyond any expectative. We had to take a rest and fly just for fun. Heck, we might even lose our well earned reputation of being the less organized country  

I usually pay lots of attention to strategic duties and mission calls, I rather fly anything organised than anyother type, but yesterday I was on a quakeish mood. Sorry if that, and the actions associated to that, upset you. I will be back in my usual way this week (I hope)

Cheers,

Pepe.

lazs

Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
yep... obvious that some of you guys are playing a different (and very grim and serious) game than the rest of us.

Cheer up tho... I will be selling my idiotic "perk" points on ebay so you can buy em and relax a little.
lazs

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »

Having said that i also appreciate you pays your money and makes your choice how and when to fight, and its not for me to control how and why you do it. But it does not prevent me and many others from wondering why the hell we bother trying to win the war when it appears we are throwing our virtual lives away defending strategic targets and Jabo attacks when others bury their heads in the sand and ignore pleas for help just because God Forbid A1 is under attack !!!

If I read this to mean "why are we making this sacrifice for you if you don't care" then I suggest you shouldn't. If this is meant to mean "we can't possibly play the way we like because you guys aren't playing the way we need you to" I'm afraid I cannot offer anything.

Sometimes people play the way we like, sometimes they don't. Last night when I logged on we had 30K Lancs all over the south. They bombed out every fighter hangar within 4 sectors of a base they were after. It was smart tactically, but boring as hell to me. After chasing and killing my 4th Lanc I decided that there wouldn't be any "action" and logged off. No complaints, those pilots paid their money to fly up there just like I did.

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 02-26-2001).]

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
Rook Zany No-Brainyness
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
Pepe,

I apologize for the harsh words flailed between us and the words sent to DobleV as well.

Yes, last night was a tad frustrating having control of multiple CVs yanked from under my control to support a strategy I dont personally agree with.

There were 2 problems as I saw it last night:

First, having CVs yanked out from under my control.  First of all, no one was listed as the captain for CV13 and so I took control of it after we took 4.  Figured 7 was the next base we needed to take.  Surprise surprise, everytime I gave it orders to sail, someone else would change the direction to support 1, then disappear off the list.  I can only assume they didnt want me to know who kept changing control.

Second, seeing wave upon wave of enemy assail our port, A19 and our HQ while 20 or so Rooks vulched at 1 was a little frustrating as well.  At one point it was only Cavalier and myself over 19 trying to defend it from enemy.

I understand everyone has the right to fly as they see fit since its their money but what gets frustrating is that I find it difficult to fly as I see fit since there are sometimes so few who wish to play the strategic game as I do!    I think Kieren summarized this perfectly.

-Ding