Author Topic: Ostwind Deflection Aiming explained  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Ostwind Deflection Aiming explained
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2008, 07:02:03 PM »
Appreciate the info Zazen, I've tried that before. It just doesn't seem to work for me. Although I know you have had much success with it. What I like to do is leave my sights all the way in for a better field of vision, that way I can see the bad guys coming and swing to get them. However, I noticed rooks don't come down to the field LOL Can you change that for me.

As far as towering to keep from getting killed I have no problem with that. I read another article where they mentioned the same thing. It does remind me of the A Team series where the bad guys would bail out of the tower before the rockets hit.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 05:03:37 AM »
Got to admit I'm not successful  either with this method     :furious
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
Hard to say "This is how you hit people with an Osti" when there are so many variables.  Long shots of 2k or more I use the "shotgun" method.  I lead them and try to guess where they will be and fire alot of shots.  Close shots depend on the AOA, speed and even plane type.  Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice and you'll get better.  I have killed planes as far as 4k away....don't happen offen but it can be done.  If your ever tearing down a town with an osti zoom all the way in a watch the rounds...talk about all over the place.  They are very inaccurate and as the round goes further the more off target it gets.  So some will say...let them get closer before you fire.  If you do that either your about to have an egg dropped on you or you have no turret.  As far as survival if there are multiple friendly flaks out I am usually the 2-3 one to start firing.  Usually you mark yourself as a target before the baddy even gets an icon on you.  If there are low buffs coming in I don't fire till I am sure of thier flight path.  One of two things happen either I start moving or I start firing.

Also do you use the cursor, page up method?  It really helps in field of vision.  PM me or look me up in the game and I'll explain it to you.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:53:37 AM by stroker71 »
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
I've been getting pretty uber at killing stuff in the osty.

My best advice is get some good lead on it then when you think you are shooting in roughly the right spot lead some more!

Practice makes perfect.

I got my first 262 kill in an osty the other week :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »
ty for the post will try edge of screen instead of edge of gun site
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group