Author Topic: The Name Is Appeasement ... (German Paper Article)  (Read 4285 times)

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
The Name Is Appeasement ... (German Paper Article)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 09:30:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Seems the man has it pretty close to right to me.   The eurobarbarians allways take the timid way out while their fellows slaughter...  don't see why a half a million or so killed by the sadman should have been any different.

lazs

The Invasion was opposed by the British government, as Grenada was part of the Commonwealth of Nations, and Queen Elizabeth was head of state as Queen of Grenada. Grenada requested help from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Margaret Thatcher contacted Ronald Reagan, telling him “in the strongest possible terms” that “Grenada was part of the British Commonwealth, and the United States had no business interfering in its affairs.” Reagan assured her that an invasion was not contemplated. Reagan later said “She was very adamant and continued to insist that we cancel our landings on Grenada. I couldn't tell her that it had already begun”.

And you have the sheer gall and audacity to refer to the Europeans as Barbarians?  Well, in the interests of having a level playing field, I put it to you that you appear to bear all the requisite hallmarks of a seminal Ameri-tard

Yours barbarously
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 10:35:50 AM »
A simple yet time consuming means of taking over Europe can be used and may actually be in process right now. All they have to do is emigrate in force to the desired country. Once they are entrenched and citizens, they can control the governemtn simply by political force and voting. For those countries that take a bit more pursuation a few terrorist actions, from home grown terrorists, could lend a bit of impetus to the winds of political change.

These folks may just enjoy having large families and can shift the population balance in a very few generations. For a "society" with a "long view" this could be a very plausable means of effecting a very real change on the world and how the world deals with them. Think about it, a non violent invasion and all with the cooperation of the invaded country!

They could maintain the protection of the "homeland" by simply enacting legislation in their original nation to prohibit the granting of citizenship to "infidels" and those who are not of a "true" birth to the original nation. Hence they maintain a "purity of nation" back home while slowly taking over the target nation.

Now before you get your panties in a bunch, this IS wild conjecture with a bit of sarcasm mixed in and not terribly likely, but it IS plausable isn't it.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 11:09:38 AM »
AKH..grenada?  didn't like what we did?  tough.

As for barbarians... the only barbarians capable of starting two world wars in one century are the euros.  The brits were busy sujegating and opressing multiple countries under colonialism.

We had our turn at being a british colony... we didn't like it.

lazs

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 11:22:12 AM »
If you live in Birmingham UK Maverik its very plausible.

However as a percentage of the whole population they are only a minority still. As a non religious person I have no problem if someone wants to worship Allah, Jesus, Buddah, A myriad of monkey gods or whatever those Hindus believe in, Whatever floats the boat I don't care as long as I'm free not to have to believe in it.

When religion is used as a justification for war or killing then I'm against it. If it comes to that point we must get tough and kick em out. Something that our Govt seems to be doing at this very moment at long last. But that equally applies to whatever religion or creed.

If you want to come and live in Britain fine but accept the fact that when you do you are British. If you don't like us or our society then fiddadle off thanks. Thats the way I see it.

Likewise if they want to believe in some extreme Islamic religion thats fine as long asthey don't expect us to. In reality I don't think most Moslems do. Only the loony minority. We can lose them and the rest can stay as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 11:24:26 AM by Skydancer »

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 02:11:38 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
AKH..grenada?  didn't like what we did?  tough.

As for barbarians... the only barbarians capable of starting two world wars in one century are the euros.  The brits were busy sujegating and opressing multiple countries under colonialism.

We had our turn at being a british colony... we didn't like it.

lazs

Don't like the way we think or do things in Europe?  Tough ;-)

Subjugation?

* US provides military aid to right-wing forces battling communist insurgents in Greece in 1947.
    * CIA involvement in Italian elections, involving propaganda and the alleged buying of votes, in order to prevent the Communist Party of Italy coming to power, in 1948.
    * US-led Korean War from 1950 until 1953.
    * US-backed overthrow of the regime in Iran in 1953, support for the Shah until his overthrow in 1979.
    * US-backed overthrow of Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán in Guatemala in 1954.
    * US support for dictator Ngo Dinh Diem of Vietnam from 1955 - 1963.
    * US support for Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista until his overthrow in 1959.
    * Alleged US-backed establishment of François Duvalier as dictator of Haiti.
    * US-backed abortive Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba in 1961.
    * Alleged CIA assassination of Congo's democratically elected leader, Patrice Lumumba.
    * US support of Ba'ath Party coup in Iraq in 1963; support for dictator Saddam Hussein until 1990.
    * Alleged CIA-backed overthrow of Juan Bosch, the democratically elected leader of the Dominican Republic.
    * Alleged CIA-backed overthrow of Jose Maria Velasco Ibarra of Ecuador in 1963.
    * Alleged CIA-backed overthrow of Joao Goulart in Brazil in 1964, CIA training for its death squads.
    * Alleged CIA-backed overthrow of Sukarno in Indonesia in 1965, resulting in estimated death of one million suspected Communists.
    * Vietnam War - (1964-1975) - estimated deaths of three million Vietnamese.
    * Bombing campaigns against Laos, with more US bombs dropped than during all of World War Two, from 1964 - 1975.
    * Alleged CIA-backed military coup brings dictator Mobutu Sese Seko to power in the Congo in 1965.
    * Alleged CIA-backed military coup ushers in Regime of the Colonels in Greece in 1967.
    * Alleged CIA-organised military operation ends in execution of Che Guevara in Bolivia in 1968.
    * Alleged CIA-supported coup against Prince Sihanouk in Cambodia in 1970.
    * Alleged CIA-supported military coup against President Juan Torres of Bolivia in 1971.
    * Alleged CIA-supported overthrow of Salvador Allende in Chile- 1973
    * CIA support for UNITA rebels in Angola, from 1976 - 1984.
    * Following overthrow of the dictator Samosa in Nicaragua by the Sandinistas, the CIA supports the Contras from 1979 - 1989. Nicaragua still has not received the U.S. restitutions for military and paramilitary activities as ruled by the International Court of Justice and as supported by a United Nations General Assembly resolution.
    * CIA support for death-squads in El Salvador throughout the 1980s.
    * US invasion of Grenada, overthrow of Marxist government (Operation Urgent Fury) - 1983.
    * US invasion of Panama, overthrow of Manuel Noriega (Operation Just Cause) - 1989.
    * US-led Gulf War following Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.
    * US-led sanctions against Iraq, resulting in the estimated deaths of over one million civilians, from 1990 to 2003.
    * US-led bombing campaign, called Operation Desert Fox, against Iraq in 1998.
    * US bombing of Afghanistan in 1998.
    * US bombing of factory in Sudan - later admitted to be a mistake - in 1998.
    * US invasion of Afghanistan, overthrow of Taliban in 2001.
    * Alleged CIA-backed abortive coup against democratically-elected President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela in 2002.
    * US Invasion of Iraq, overthrow of Saddam Hussein - 2003

I'm glad that you threw off the yoke of   imperial colonialism.

Anyone for tea?
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 02:17:36 PM »
I am always amused by Brits hoping on the high horse to lecture the USA about our supposed transgressions regarding other nations.

Get out of Ireland, let the Irish rule it, and maybe I could take you serious.  

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »
OMG  do you mean the US promoted freedom and democracy!!!  AHHHH!!!  Seriously did you dig up that BS drivel from  some cummunist website?

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 02:31:35 PM »
I bet we'll be out of Ireland before you are out of Iraq ;)
AKHoopy Arabian Knights

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 02:31:38 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
I am always amused by Brits hoping on the high horse to lecture the USA about our supposed transgressions regarding other nations.

Get out of Ireland, let the Irish rule it, and maybe I could take you serious.  

dago

well no doubt we did those things but it coming from somone's country who has almost 400 years history of colonization compared to a meak 60.......well it's laughable.

Lets not forget the painfull lessons the spaniards learned.  Pull troops from Iraq = Madrid train bombings.  

It doesn't matter what you apease them with they will still attack you.  A muslim holliday in Germany will appear as a successfull win to muslims world wide that have a jihadist view of the rest of hte world.

Imagine our View if Iraqis/iranians/syrians suddunly celebrated the 4th of July or Christmas/passover/easter/yom kipour.

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 02:47:56 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
OMG  do you mean the US promoted freedom and democracy!!!  AHHHH!!!  Seriously did you dig up that BS drivel from  some cummunist website?

OMG do you mean that wikipedia is a communist website!!!?  AHHHH!!!  Seriously, why don't you exercise your freedom and democracy to have this article History of United States imperialism modified or deleted?  

Just like the rest of us.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 02:50:00 PM by AKH »
AKHoopy Arabian Knights

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »
Originally posted by AKH
OMG do you mean that wikipedia is a communist website!!!?  AHHHH!!!  Seriously, why don't you exercise your freedom and democracy to have this article History of United States imperialism modified or deleted?  

Just like the rest of us.

I still think it's laughable being lectured by a brit on imperialism

:lol :lol :lol

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 03:03:20 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
I still think it's laughable being lectured by a brit on imperialism

:lol :lol :lol

Well, seeing as you so ably pointed out, we have over 400 years experience of imperialism and you only have a "meak" 60 years, we are therefore emminently and unquestionably more qualified to give any form of schooling on the topic of imperialism.

Have a peanut. :p
AKHoopy Arabian Knights

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 03:30:21 PM »
:lol AKH. I think you got him:aok

Americans don't like to think that their global cultural and military domination is any kind of Imperialism. Its the land of the free don't you know?;)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
well no doubt we did those things but it coming from somone's country who has almost 400 years history of colonization compared to a meak 60.......well it's laughable.

2005-1776  != 60.

storch

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »
or some of us whole heartedly embrace it.  afterall we do know better than most of you guys.  now be a good subject and pipe down.