Author Topic: Gun Rights Refresher Course  (Read 4437 times)

LJK Raubvogel

Gun Rights Refresher Course
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2000, 03:59:00 PM »
I spent about 3 years living in Europe. Everywhere I went, I made my best attempt to speak the language. I went to Paris over Christmas holiday one year. Try as I might, French escapes me. So, I kindly told my waiter one night that I didn't speak French. He gave me the biggest "you sub-human" look I've ever seen, but did speak English. Each time he came back to my table, he would start in French, and I would remind him I didn't speak French, he would get pissed off and start speaking English again. This happened probably 4 times during the meal. I took comfort in the fact that not only was he a real amazinhunk, but he had a really short freaking memory  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2000, 05:13:00 PM »

Originally posted by TheWobble:
America need guns, Europiens dont need guns because ..not because there are not guns....possibley because all the criminal would-be types have mad cow disease.

just wanted to repost this in case it was missed the first time - it's all so clear now....

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2000, 06:43:00 PM »

'Yank.' is short for Yankee, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is what the confederates called the the unionists in the American Civil War.

Yanks were from the North, I'm from the South, don't call me a yank! I prefer: Ameruhcan, Cajun, Texan, Tex, Cowboy, European American, or just Big Daddy NateDog. Thanx!  

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

".... And on the eighth day, God created beer. "

[This message has been edited by NATEDOG (edited 12-11-2000).]

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2000, 08:54:00 PM »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2000, 02:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by LJK Raubvogel:
I spent about 3 years living in Europe. Everywhere I went, I made my best attempt to speak the language. I went to Paris over Christmas holiday one year. Try as I might, French escapes me. So, I kindly told my waiter one night that I didn't speak French. He gave me the biggest "you sub-human" look I've ever seen, but did speak English. Each time he came back to my table, he would start in French, and I would remind him I didn't speak French, he would get pissed off and start speaking English again. This happened probably 4 times during the meal. I took comfort in the fact that not only was he a real amazinhunk, but he had a really short freaking memory  
Being an amazinhunk is international there's amazinhunk everywhere whe are surreunded by amazinhunks  

But I spent 30 years in Europe (and 10 in Paris) and each time I've been in contact with American tourist in Paris they often start speaking in English to me without even saying a simple "Bonjour" nor "hello" ( it's not difficult to learn the basic when you are in a foreign country) nor ask me if I undertstand English and it's for me IMPOLITE !
And when you are impolite I'm impolite too ... some of them are always trying to find their way to the Effeil Tower   (yep I'm a bastard)

BTW this is an US tourist speciality (at least for me...) German,Japanese and lot of other tourist have often (in my experience) be more polite than the average US invader/tourist   perhaps the fact that
I'm not looking like the typical french stereotype (frankly I look more german than french  ) change their behaviour ...

Im just speaking of tourist in my work I've often be in touch with American who were not that rude or as I'm living in Normandie with vet who are great guys.

My point will be simple can't you send those sucker to other country ?  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2000, 03:34:00 AM »
Hm, well I sorta like the way Americans handle themselves in Denmark.

First off, they can be heard for several meters, even if they're whispering. All those rrr r sounds make Americans very easy to single out in a crowd.

Secondly, everyone of them appear to be rich eccentrics in weirdo outfits. Kinda charming

When they approach you (happened twice to me) to ask for direction, there's not much of the either polite BS or plain irritation in their voices like from Swedes or Germans. Sort of refreshing. Just "uh, sorry, we're kinda, uh, stuck we wanna go to..Keopp..kapp..koopp<weird sound> uh THIS place <points on name on map> you know how to get there?"

Seen a few ugly Americans too, but only very few. Most of them were American sailors on some kind of warship. They acted like Denmark was some backward bellybutton country they owned. Also got into a lot of fights because of it  . Me I gave one a scolding in Danish for bumping into me (and it was a conscious thing from him). Was funny; big African American guy. Said "so what's your problem?" and I just kept yapping in Danish. Quite safe since he couldn't tell I was insulting him his family tree and the way he shags goats.

Ah yes, more Americans please. I'll start charging for giving directions. Those rich capitalistic bastards can take it.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2000, 04:28:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Oh.. as for no guns... an anecdote:

When I came home from a buisness trip to Asia... my wife informed me that one of our dogs (affectionately known as "fatass") could not get up to go outside to do his buisness.  She thought that his arthritis in his hips was preventing it.

Upon hearing this, I looked at the dog for about 30 seconds trying to decide wether or not to shoot him.  Without a word being said... the dog got up and ran outside.  He hasn't as much as limped in the last 4 years.

If I didn't really have a gun.. would that dog have taken me seriously?

AKDejaVu

Are you serious or it is tongue in cheek?

In case You are serious, You need to handle a gun to be taken seriously?

I feel for ya!!  

P.s.
Oh, and maybe is better if You dont own a dog, or any pet... well... better for him!  

You do the same when your childrens have some little disease?  

[This message has been edited by Naso (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2000, 05:09:00 AM »

Yanks were from the North, I'm from the South, don't call me a yank! I prefer: Ameruhcan, Cajun, Texan, Tex, Cowboy, European American, or just Big Daddy NateDog. Thanx!  

lol!   I already knew that the difference between a yank and a southener, and I usually avoid using the term. European American? Bit of an oxymoron ain't it? I know how much you American types hate to recognise you came from evil ol' Europe.  

'Big Daddy Natedog' it is then.

American tourists are alright; the ones I've met anyway. I went to uni. in Durham, which is a very pretty city with a huge 1000 year old cathedral. We used to get loads of tourists there and the Americans I 'bumped' into were always polite. But then again we both spoke the same language (well, almost).

When I go abroad, I always try to learn a few words like, 'hello', 'how are you?', 'goodbye', even in Russian and Greek. I enjoy trying to speak other languages, and just wish I knew more.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2000, 05:30:00 AM »
"Oh yes, one need only look at soccer (football) matches in Europe to know that they are SO MUCH more civilized and non-violent than we are. "

Ya and in the US the students go to school with weapons and bombs and starts shooting their school mates and teachers...

You want to make more high IQ comparisons?

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

TheWobble

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2000, 07:23:00 AM »
That school shooting toejam sucked, but i doubt that gun control would have had any affect on it, they were determined to do SOMETHING, if by some miricle "gun control" had kept guns from them (which im sure it wouldent have)they would have probably just made better bombs, I know thats a grim outlook but its probably the most accurate one.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
It was a joke naso.

Despite the smiley faces you've added to the end of the ill-children comment... I find it incredibly tasteless.  The wink does nothing to change my opinion of that.

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 12-12-2000).]

-towd_

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
dude if you werent serious you post was in real bad taste . dogs are really probly one of the few true pleasures in life . to talk lightly of waxin a good animal is obcene. but that is my opinion.

seems silly to say this here . but i would like to point out that americans are not well represented here . alot of us are middle of the road and for social change , after the warhawks and rich folks get done telling us how to live .
i was in the navy and saw alot of fights and bad behavior by our people,felt really bad about it . we have alot of problems here but slowly we will change , remember you are dealing with a rabid conservative croud here ( military types)  i assure you the standard american is just ignorant not really stupid we are raised with the expectation of havin to fight in a war and kill as part of outr patriotic duty the glamorization of this fact screw us up bad .idividualy we are great people . in crowds we are dangerous remember that an you will be fine

watch the conservatives real close . the nazis learned eugenics in the usa.

that comment about you dog sucked bad dude still botherin me.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »

P.s.
Oh, and maybe is better if You dont own a dog, or any pet... well... better for him!

Ah.. and as for this one.. wink or no wink...

The anecdote was a joke.. but it is true.  The dog hadn't moved for 2 days.  I did look at him and decide wether or not to have him put down.  Without me saying a word.. the dog got up and went outside.  Despite the fact that my wife could not drag him outside for 2 days.

Explain to me why that makes someone that shouldn't own a dog?

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
ROTFLMAO!  Towd.. I'm going to go out on a limb and ask that you not appoint yourself as someone that is "well representing America".

to talk lightly of waxin a good animal is obcene

LOL!  and what part about hadn't gotten up for 2 days had you most confused?  Just how long must a dog lay dormant before you decide its time to take him into the vet?

LOL!  I can't help but think that your shortcomings in the general forum prompted this response in here.  Probably best if you stay away from both towd.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
I've had to put down a good hunting dog for hip problems myself, and the thought crossing your mind doesn't disqualify one for 'being a good pet owner'.  My dog, my problem, not a vet who's insensitive to my dog's death.  I have lost only 2 Grandparents in life thus far, but I never cried as much as I did when I had to put down one of my best hunting dogs.  He was a companion, a friend, and ironically, he knew what I was going to do, and licked me prior to the bullet, almost as if he begged me to get on with it, he was in alot of pain, and had to be carried outside to poop.  

Just typing this 10 years later still swells tears...