Author Topic: rams??  (Read 2072 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
rams??
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:26:57 PM »
ok, what do i need to do to at least have 50/50 chance of living thru one?  got to be something...losing everyone of them is getting old, considering there is a lot of people who pull for HO every chance they get, cant avoid all of them...i try, but not there yet.  so, whats the trick?
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
rams??
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 12:51:59 PM »
Honch's Guide to HOing.

Essential reading for any joust warrior.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
rams??
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »
Get horizontal seperation so the HO jerk is turning into you. Then you can just turn in under his nose where he can't  shoot at you. Finally go up and over on top of him and kill the unskilled dweeb.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
rams??
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
Get horizontal seperation so the HO jerk is turning into you. Then you can just turn in under his nose where he can't  shoot at you. Finally go up and over on top of him and kill the unskilled dweeb.

Yup, that's what I do. Ho dweebs are usually so dependant on the HO they aren't thinking about what to do if the HO fails. Just avoid the HO, loop over the top and pop 'em. My favorite way to do this is to initially act as though I am accepting the Ho, then kick full rudder, go into a climb which if they pull up to attempt to track for a shot turns into basically a vertical lead turn, then you've roped them and pulled lead on them in one move, they're toast 95% of the time. The only time someone lives is if they realize quickly enough that I was just head faking the HO and nose down and run for their life...

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
rams??
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 01:56:28 PM »
I lose Rams when i try to AVOID them because i usually turn and end up losing a wing from them continuing there Ho merge.  I'm guessing they hit my plane with a harder part of their plane (what ever that would be)  and it aint bullets.  :eek:  

So my answer to this question is RAM with all ya got and make sure (if possible) you both go to the ground atleast,  seems to never happen i end up down 90% of the time still.  Its the thought that counts.  hehe!     I  have yet to channel 200 and throw out the  "nice ram you" $%&*@  , because it dont work either.    

Ramming is gunna happen here and there,  and ill admit if im outa ammo,  I'm a gunna ram yaz if I could.   now thats funny as hell chasing a guy around when your bingo ammo on his 6, tring to ram the sob , it this point it aint that easy to ram ,  lol!  why is that,  when you want to ram someone you just cant get it done.  lmmfao.   But when   You got 10 kills, ton of ammo left, why is ramming so easy then.  :p

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
rams??
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »
i understand the HO stuff, im more interested in who takes the ram damage...i lose every ram im in...ill give the chance that i may of made it through one unscathed, so 99% of the time.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
rams??
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 03:15:46 PM »
Best plane for Ho's is 110G2
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
rams??
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 03:44:16 PM »
I always thought he who first sees the ram loses, thus he who has the better connection to the MA loses.

I have had people run into me where I don't see it on my front end, and they go down.  There was also the time where a guy was trying to get me to overshoot, I got to within about d100 on his hi 4 o'clock, then he jerked up to the right and bumped into me.  Since I was the only one who saw the collision I took damage and he flew merrily away.

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
rams??
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 05:13:09 PM »
Conection ........  Conection ....... Conection

Your Front end see  the Ram before there's does. So you die.

Better conection less chance of living:huh

Crims
479th Raiders FG:rolleyes:
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
rams??
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 05:59:48 PM »
Originally posted by crims
Conection ........  Conection ....... Conection

Your Front end see  the Ram before there's does. So you die.

Better conection less chance of living:huh

OK, what if this happens.  You and I are flying straight at each other.  My connection is bad and dies, and I keep flying straight into you for a ram.  Your pull up avoiding the crash.  My connection comes back, and I see a collision, I die.  You fly away, you didn't have a collision.

It works both ways, the best way to win a collision is to avoid it.  

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
rams??
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »
Gunr, i agree, but ive some people h311bent to do it.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
rams??
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 09:39:49 PM »
Take 2 connections, each have a ping of 0.1 secs. At 300 mph your travelling around 425ft per second.

So if both guys are flying towards one another we get a discrepancy of 170 feet between the front ends (425 *.2 *2 [closure speed =600mph])

This means that in a stall fight where the speed difference is say 30mph, you'd still be out around 9 feet or so. Now, I think AH does some pretty nifty prediction stuff but even so if you hit a guy, or it seems that he hit you, this does in no way imply that the other chap saw the same thing.

It's kind of like the gunnery: you see your shot lands = damage to them; you see yourself hit another plane = damage to you. It would be far worse if you took avoiding action and ended up dead all the same because the other guy "saw" it happen.

What is critical to this is the actual speed of your plane and theirs.  Say you're going up on a rope and are just at the top of it flopping over and there's some guy coming barreling in on you at 400mph.  As you're effectively not moving, his front end has a pretty good handle on where you are, or the lag results in very little discrepancy to where you see yourself. You, on the other hand, have a different picture. Your front end could well be showing this guy 200 feet behind where his front end knows he is.

So if you hit him, he wasn't there (as far as he's concerned), and if he hits you, well, it will look a bit odd seeing this plane blow up for no apparent reason, but a kill's a kill hey: wow didnt' even need any ammo for that guy!:)

Note: this also explains those "wtf bs" impossible angle shots that someone might get on you - for them it's a slightly different picture.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
rams??
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 09:55:16 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
i understand the HO stuff, im more interested in who takes the ram damage...

I'd say part 2 of your sentence disproves part 1.

*hic*

Offline Loddar

• Copper Member
rams??
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 03:06:03 AM »
Connection and Big Guns are best friend
of the HOers out there.

Most Lalas, Typh and Nik went on HO

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
rams??
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 08:05:22 AM »
I'd say part 2 of your sentence disproves part 1.

i understand the HO stuff, im more interested in who takes the ram damage

OK, ill bite...how?

a HO shot and a ram can be two different things...ive taken and been HO'd but did not ram, ive been rammed/collided without ever facing each other...so please, how?

been in rolling siccors fight, got to close, i lossed the wing, not him.  nvr faced each other once.  so like i said, was interested in who took ram/collision damage?  

seem connection is popular answer.

++The Blue Knights++