Author Topic: B-29 Super Fortress  (Read 90850 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: B-29 Super Fortress
« Reply #2505 on: September 29, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
there is no reason why the B-29 shouldnt be added, the nuke carrying B-29's "silver plated" where limited just like other models here in AH now there where variants that where limitedly made, like the 4x20mm A-36/P-51 .. etc etc.. but the B-29 has the production to qualify and saw service in WII.

Get ready for a pile-up on you. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2506 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
there is no reason why the B-29 shouldnt be added, the nuke carrying B-29's "silver plated" where limited just like other models here in AH now there where variants that where limitedly made, like the 4x20mm A-36/P-51 .. etc etc.. but the B-29 has the production to qualify and saw service in WII.
Rubber Ducky... :noid does no one get the rubber ducky quote?

quote this and reply to it and suddenly the thread is about ducks and better than about the B29! :x
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2507 on: September 29, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »
+1

:bolt:

:neener:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2508 on: September 29, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
Rubber Ducky... :noid does no one get the rubber ducky quote?

quote this and reply to it and suddenly the thread is about ducks and better than about the B29! :x
Rubber DUCKY!!! :furious
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2509 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »
Haven't seen a reason why it should be in AH...especially when much more important aircraft aren't.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2510 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »
any aircraft that fits the critria should be in. problem is you have a rag tag team of people and not a big company to code the planes, in most online games you have a slew of people working on updates and upgrades for the games. most MMORPG you get a new update and upgrades each month. here its whenever the 1-2 people get done working on it. theres no reason why any plane can't be flown in certain situations. some may be hanger queens, some may not. obvioiusly the more popular ones will come first.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2511 on: September 29, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
problem is you have a rag tag team of people and not a big company to code the planes, in most online games you have a slew of people working on updates and upgrades for the games. most MMORPG you get a new update and upgrades each month.

I prefer quality over quantity.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2512 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
quality has nothing to do with it. theres not enough people to do the job of having news planes coded. i would expect quality to be the same wiether 1 or 50 people did it.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2513 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:42 PM »
The ol' "bait the game developer into commenting in the B-29 thread by insulting him" routine.  Ho-hum.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2514 on: September 29, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2515 on: September 29, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
I think the main reason it shouldn't be added is because HT himself said it won't be added.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2516 on: September 29, 2010, 02:20:56 PM »
I think the main reason it shouldn't be added is because HT himself said it won't be added.

Semp

I see would like to see that post he said that.  You are not the first person that made that statement and i have asked to provide that post that he said that.  Starting to think that is a urban myth.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2517 on: September 29, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
its obvious this debate is really between a B-29 "pullman" and a B-29 "silver plate" model , i could see where adding the  "silver plate" would not make good business, as a regular B-29 would not carry such weapon. and the silver plate model doesnt meet the critiria of the game due to numbers made (3 total (42-65209, -216, and -217). and also there was a total of what 4-5 total atom bombs made during the entire WWII era  so i would not expect or a nuke carrying B-29 to be ever in this game. plain and simple. a regular B-29 i could see maybe not now, but at some point once other more popular planes are added, it will. 

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2518 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »
any aircraft that fits the critria should be in. problem is you have a rag tag team of people and not a big company to code the planes, in most online games you have a slew of people working on updates and upgrades for the games. most MMORPG you get a new update and upgrades each month. here its whenever the 1-2 people get done working on it. theres no reason why any plane can't be flown in certain situations. some may be hanger queens, some may not. obvioiusly the more popular ones will come first.
Do you have any clue what you're saying? I don't see any indication that you do. Nothing that you stated is fact.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2519 on: September 29, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
do you play any other online games like WoW or Asheron's Call?  every month they come out with new armor weapons and quests , like clock work. the teams that work on those are much bigger then those at high tech. how many people does high tech have working on coding new planes for the game?? i can bet its less then a major MMORPG does.