Author Topic: Congratulations Bush supporters.  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Congratulations Bush supporters.
« on: December 13, 2000, 09:51:00 PM »
I offer my congratulations the those of us in the AH community that supported Governor, now President-Elect, George W Bush.

I offer my congratulations to President-Elect George W. Bush and I hope that he has a successful administration as President of the United States.

I thank Vice-President Al Gore for fighting so hard on behalf of me and the more than 50 million Americans who voted for him.  In doing so I feel that he was worthy of those votes just as President-Elect George W Bush proved himself worthy of the votes of his supporters by fighting hard all the way to the finish.  I believe that any candidate that was not willing to fight for his or her supporters in the circumstances of the last 5 weeks would not fight hard enough for the issues important to the United States and her citizens.

I believe that Vice-President Al Gore's and President-Elect George W Bush's speeches tonight are a good first step towards moving forward with the business of this great country.

I am posting this because I know how hard some of the feelings expressed on this board have been and how strong much of the language has been, some of both from me.  I wanted to let you guys know that there are no hard feelings towards any of you.

<S> to you all!

Isn't in great that we live in a country were we can have such a bitterly fought election and nobody rolled out the tanks or put soldiers in the streets?

No, I'm not smoking anything.  

See you guys back here in four years!  

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 09:52:00 PM »
Oh yeah, one more thing:

Non-Americans butt out of this thread.    This is for us Yanks.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
 Thanks Karnak!

Having lived with President-Elect Bush as my Govenor for the last 6 years, I can say that he is a uniter and not a devider.  I honestly believe he is a good person to bring us together as a nation.

S!

Udie

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 10:38:00 PM »
<S> Karnak  

You are a real American in my eyes.I would have tried for the same attitude had Gore prevailed...
<S>
Gunthr
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 11:17:00 PM »
Yep, <S> Karnak. The one encouraging thing I got from both speeches was the "for the good of America" common thread, and that's whats important.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2000, 02:04:00 AM »
Good post Karnak. To be clear, I'm not a Bush supporter. Not that I do not like him, he seems ok to me, but I just don't know him good enough to embrace him (or more importantly, his future policies) before he even takes the oath.

On the other hand I do know Gore, and he plain just scares the heck out of me. Thus my vote.. anything but Gore.

Although you and I have a fundamental disagreement as to what the  government role really is (and I'm pretty sure we'll lock our horns again sooner or later), I do respect your your views, and I commend you for your honest and sincere post. I'd venture that except of the marginal minority of party hacks, no one in this coutry want's to see their views "elected" by the street riots.

P.S. I am frightened by how little our society knows about the Constitution, and how engrained the "mob rules" mentality is.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2000, 02:23:00 AM »
Kudos Karnak,

Very well said. And one of the things you mentioned struck me as getting to the very heart, the core, the *essence* of...

Oh, this thread is for Americans only?

phhhht.

<finger>

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2000, 02:52:00 AM »
 Never mind Nash..hes yur typical Canadian.....crap.... so am I, Never mind.

you may now resume your previously schedualed topic.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
No way I'll stay out of this thread.

Just wanted you to know that we have freedom of speech to.

Now, yank imperialists, you may go away.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2000, 03:39:00 AM »
Karnak,
While your sentiments are noble they may fall on deaf ears for most liberals.  The ceaseless court and commission attacks upon Pres.Clinton (and his wife) throughout his term, and upon his administration in general have left a very bitter taste in many Democrats' mouth.  And when you add the character attacks upon Gore during the election, the level of anger among liberals is of ember quality right now.  It doesn't even matter if liberals supported Gore, or not, they're that mad.  With the Senate and House so evenly divided, I would be very very surprised if anything contructive gets done in the next four years.  And if Bush should ever step out of line in office, it'll be hell to pay.

While it would be hopeful to see true legislative compromises from both parties in the next four years, the phrase "What comes around, goes around" is probably a more apt indication of things to come.

We Americans are definitely living in interesting times...

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 12-14-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2000, 04:29:00 AM »
Ya know what? Yeah.

As much as I *want* to take the high road... as much as I *know* that two wrongs don't make a right, and as much as I know the bitterness aint healthy...

When I listen to all of this talk from the Republicans about it now being the time to come together, to heal, to put the bipartisan hostility behind us... It just rings so... so... *convenient*... Like, "Huh??!, have you been asleep for the last decade?".

Hmm... I'm trying to think of an analogy that some of y'all on this board might seem to relate to. Ok how about this.  

Ya walk in and find yer wife gettin' raped at knifepoint. So you pull out yer Smith & Wesson Glock Blow the Bastards Away Deluxe (or whatever the *it* weapon happens to be), at which point he looks up at you and says "Hey man, can we uhh... can we forget about this little incident? Let bygones be bygones... Whattya say"?

Hehe, that's pretty morbid, sorry   ..it's late and I just watched the most twisted movie...but it will do.

Leonid is right, I reckon.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 12-14-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2000, 04:44:00 AM »
Hm, as I understood it the reps still have a small majority in senate? or is it so small and full of "mid wayers" that it's insignificant?

At any rate; good luck Bush and good fight Gore.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2000, 05:46:00 AM »
I've not posted on any of these threads concerning the election simply because I do not feel I have sufficient knowledge of the issues but have spent a lot of time reading what has been posted.

I was impressed by Al Gore's speech. It appeared to be genuine. I was impressed by Mr. Bush's speech. I felt it was genuine. Both used carefully selected wording and made promises I hope will be fulfiled. I normally vote a Republican ticket so I am happy with the outcome.

George Bush has a history of working well across party lines that I sincerly hope carries over into his presidency. I feel that is what is needed to do us, the people, the most good.

Nice post Karnak.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2000, 07:12:00 AM »
<S> Karnak

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
Hm, as I understood it the reps still have a small majority in senate? or is it so small and full of "mid wayers" that it's insignificant?

At any rate; good luck Bush and good fight Gore.

The senate is 50/50  w/ Vice-President-Elect   Cheney being the tie braking vote, which gives the Republicans majority control.  But that doesn't mean that much.  The Dems will still have lots of power, they just won't be setting the agenda.

udie